Clarification on ARH NYCC exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay guy, here's the skinny on the PO exclusives. They only pertain to the 3 Frazetta pieces. If you PO these by Sunday midnight est you get the NYCC versions. They will have NYCC on the bottom of the base, be a lower es, include a COA signed by Arahom, the sculptor and Frazetta jr. as well as a print of the statue signed by Frazetta jr. What ever is ordered by midnight Sunday will be the ES.
The Death Dealer NYCC version will have two heads. The second head will have horns that will look like the rest of the helmet as opposed to the wood looking horns of the primary helmet.
The DD will have an EX version that will only include both heads...no print etc.
The DD reg version will only have the primary head.
The reg version of Atlantis and Huntress is higher ES and no print etc.

Thanks, now we just need clarification on what is the viking NYCC ex..

If you preorder from ARH studios, do you pay immediately or once the statue ships? Any information would be appreciated.

Single payment immediately or 4 payment option. Four consecutive monthly payments. You will have the statue paid for way before it ships either way.

On their facebook page ARH has answered to somebodys question regarding distribution through Sideshow as follows: "no contract with Sideshow YET"

So their reply leaves the whole Sideshow question totally open. It is so confusing.

I have to say, I would rather miss a second helmet and prefer to order through Sideshow, because ARH's customer service is absolutely non-existing. Their customer-serivice consists on information you get on Facebook or this forum, not to mention that this information changes almost on a daily basis.
Their website is amateurish and a total mess. On the other hand Sideshow offers reward points, way lower shipping costs (especially for me as an international customer) and their customer service is state of the art.
I care less for a signature of the master's son (Junior who?) and a second helmet, who has nothing to do with Frazetta Seniors vision of his Death Dealer.

They're busy at NYCC and you want every question answered yesterday. You sound like a child who hasn't gotten their way so you just go off and accuse them of everything under the sun. Are you sure you don't want to insult their families too? You sound like the perfect person to post on Yelp. Actually, you sound like a Sideshow fanboy. Either way, learn to have some patience and maybe read some threads around here and see how much Averone posts. I don't know him, but I know he posts here a lot, and I saw some posts today from him, helping someone with an issue.

TLDR :crying

They are busy at NYCC which I totally understand. But they knew of this date since quite some time. So why didn't they prepared everything properly when relreasing all their statues ? Just an example: on Facebook their announce a second helmet...on their webpage no second helmet is mentioned at all but it's already up to order and their exclusive offer will expire today, and yes I have read some threads and they were full of unanswered questions of other members regarding that issue.

And I maybe sound like a Sideshow fanboy to you, but I'm also a customer who ordered from ARH in the past, and when I say I'd rather pass on an exclusive just to avoid to experience this odyssey again, I leave it to your imagination what my experience has been with them....

On their facebook page ARH has answered to somebodys question regarding distribution through Sideshow as follows: "no contract with Sideshow YET"
So their reply leaves the whole Sideshow question totally open. It is so confusing.

I have to say, I would rather miss a second helmet and prefer to order through Sideshow, because ARH's customer service is absolutely non-existing. Their customer-serivice consists on information you get on Facebook or this forum, not to mention that this information changes almost on a daily basis.
Their website is amateurish and a total mess. On the other hand Sideshow offers reward points, way lower shipping costs (especially for me as an international customer) and their customer service is state of the art.
I care less for a signature of the master's son (Junior who?) and a second helmet, who has nothing to do with Frazetta Seniors vision of his Death Dealer.
So just hold out and buy it from Sideshow then. I and many others have and will be taking advantage of the nycc exclusive version. As for shipping, I ordered the snake/slave girl through Sideshow for the points. I just got charged $137 for shipping. Would like to see what Arh would've charged.

Well at least you will get your snake diorama earlier than those who ordered directly through ARH. And that's not because SS uses FedEx that's because SS is obviously capable to ship out this dio earlier than ARH themself. And you could always have done a simulated buy on ARH's webpage using the chekout option till you get to the shipping costs to your country...oh wait...I forgot: their webpage was down, when they released Conan.... yeah...very professional again...

Well at least you will get your snake diorama earlier than those who ordered directly through ARH. And that's not because SS uses FedEx that's because SS is obviously capable to ship out this dio earlier than ARH themself. And you could always have done a simulated buy on ARH's webpage using the chekout option till you get to the shipping costs to your country...oh wait...I forgot: their webpage was down, when they released Conan.... yeah...very professional again...

My friend, Sideshow is a very big company and we all know that:) It's not right to compare any other company with them! But can't you see ARH Studios is improving themselves every year! Just look at NYCC photos of 2013 and 2014! They did a spectacular job with Frazetta line which is a very hard task to execute them properly in statue form! They announced a new line cool as hell with Ken Kelly! They changed their web-site this year and etc... All the good things could not happen at the same time! Sadly it is impossible, we call it LIFE:) But I am sure they will be better in 2015:)

Why be so hard on ARH? :dunno

I had the pleasure of meeting Arahom and Alex and they are really good people. I mean come on, that's the company..two guys with family and a life. They are always exhausted and busy. They make progress every year. I want them to do things better too but it will take some time as they grow. This is why I try to support them by ordering direct from them. I like the style of their work. Givethe two guys a break and some credit for what only two have accomplished.

Sideshow is much larger and more established. And they're not perfect, either. Took them 5 months--yes, you read that right--to send me a replacement head for Batman. And PCS took three months to respond at all to an email.

Fact is, Alex and Arahom are sincere guys who are doing some outstanding work.

Guys lets not turn this into an arh vs SS thread. I started this thread to get info on the NYCC exclusive since there is a tight window to decide and the info had been nonexistent at the time.

I think all the questions have been answered - for 3x frazzeta piece only difference is poster signed by the artists son and for the Viking there is no difference except the bottom of the base will have NYCC on it with a different ES.

Based on the above, I have decided to hold off ordering any pieces as the NYCC exclusive doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

Guys lets not turn this into an arh vs SS thread. I started this thread to get info on the NYCC exclusive since there is a tight window to decide and the info had been nonexistent at the time.

I think all the questions have been answered - for 3x frazzeta piece only difference is poster signed by the artists son and for the Viking there is no difference except the bottom of the base will have NYCC on it with a different ES.

Based on the above, I have decided to hold off ordering any pieces as the NYCC exclusive doesn't seem to be worth the hassle.

Thanks for starting the thread. Helps me make a good decision

Why be so hard on ARH? :dunno

I had the pleasure of meeting Arahom and Alex and they are really good people. I mean come on, that's the company..two guys with family and a life. They are always exhausted and busy. They make progress every year. I want them to do things better too but it will taks some time as they grow. This is why I try to support them by ordering direct from them. I like the style of their work. Givethe two guys a break and some credit for what only two have accomplished.

Well I've put my money where their mouth is. :lol

Preorder of Death Dealer is in! Now the waiting for big horsey commences.

I was ready to...but the size of the footprint makes it just a little too big too display comfortably (not too mention how much room these boxes are going to be).

Looks like a hell of a statement piece though. I've never really understood the enormous appeal of this particular FF illo over the years, but after seeing the statue I'm kind of starting to get it. Congrats to all that have the space for this.

Guess I'm passing on the NYCC version. I'll get an EX when at some point. Sucks not being able to just do an NRD then pay when ready to ship or either a link anger payment plan. They could have sold more if they did.

Back