Civil War

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome!! Can't wait for Cap to hand Stark his A$$!!

CIVILWAR-07cov-CMYKcrop_t.jpg

Re: Civil War ... Um ... -Ham

Okay, I am a sucker for parody. I found the Civil War: Spider-Ham one-shot at the local shop and had to give you guys a sneak peak:

Page 3:
UCWSpider-Ham01pg03.jpg

Page 7:
UCWSpider-Ham01pg07.jpg

Page 8:
UCWSpider-Ham01pg08.jpg

Buy this book ... or face the wraith of DEVILED HAM.... :rotfl

so for those who have read it, how does civil war ends ??? who dies?

give me some spoilers man...

Oh wow...just read #7. It's sad to see it end. (Even though the aftermath will go on for awhile)

**********************Spoilers In White**********************
After the battle starts, Cloak does this huge teleport from the negative zone to the streets of New York. Namor and a bunch of Atlantians show up to help Cap, Clone Thor and a few other clones show up to help Iron Man. Cap and Iron Man duke it out, Caps about to kill Iron Man, when a bunch of civillians jump on him and try and make him stop. He starts crying and gives this speech about he's not fighting for freedom anymore, he's just fighting. So he drops the shield and walks up to a couple of cops and asks them to arrest him, not as Captain America, but as Steve Rogers. Then Mr. and Mrs. Fantastic get back together after he gets shot saving her (but lives), Tony Stark gets appointed head of Shield by the president, the Initiative is set up (a group of heroes in every state) and Capt America goes to jail. Also, Aunt May gets shot by a bullet from a sniper rifle meant for Peter.

All in all, it was quiet the ride, and I thought it was a good beginning for an end.

Shai Hulud said:
so for those who have read it, how does civil war ends ??? who dies?
give me some spoilers man...

LOL, I have all the comics (at least the ones I wanted) and I haven't read them yet. I'm waiting to get the final releases then I'll start. :wacky

carbo-fation said:
What about the other cover?:monkey3

I like this one better. :monkey5 :D But now that the Ill Jedi ruined the whole story for me by telling me the outcome, there's no point in reading anymore. :monkey2

bahhhh, Hulk is coming in May anyway..he's gonna get his revenge on Stark and all the illuminati.Iron Man will pay.....

Shai Hulud said:
bahhhh, Hulk is coming in May anyway..he's gonna get his revenge on Stark and all the illuminati.Iron Man will pay.....

Time to bring out the Hulkbuster Armor. :rock

hulkbusternk3.jpg

Man what happened in Civil War? I'm afraid to read it now. Was Stark really that much of a jackass?

I have always been very lenient with Marvel Crossovers. I can usually look at the overall story arc and find something to like. However, it only took 15 pages for Civil War to go from cool concept to crap ... I am talking about the last half of book 7. Now, I had waited 6 issues for something to happen other than b##ching and posturing. I wanted something meaningful to end this story. And what do they give us?!? Operation Zero Tolerance Part 2 (obscure X-men reference .. sure.. 20 points to whoever got that aside). One of the limpest, non-rewarding endings in the history of Marvel Comics. In fact, Civil War served as nothing more than an excuse to make another 20 Initiative minis or 50 I guess .. can't wait for The Initiative, Code Name Nebraska .... oww.. the mind reels. Or maybe that's my lunch.

They didn't even have the balls to let a real character kill Goliath. A real hero who would have had to come to grips with his actions. A real reaction that might have led to character development. But no, they create a Robo-Thor to do it ... then proceed to destroy him 3 books later. What was the point?

My friends talked crap about Civil War from the beginning, but I so wanted it to succeed. Millar was a great writer and the art looked awesome. But it turns out they were right all along. I truly hope Millar was forced to end it that way by his editors. Because that tripe was not the Millar I have been reading and enjoying for the last few years.

So, to end this tirade :monkey3 , I have finally decided on my Civil War banner ... excuse me for not taking the time to find a pretty picture.

I'M WITH ... EVERYONE WHO WANTS THEIR MONEY BACK!

Fritz said:
I like this one better. :monkey5 :D But now that the Ill Jedi ruined the whole story for me by telling me the outcome, there's no point in reading anymore. :monkey2

How exactly did I ruin the whole story? I didn't give away any exact details. :confused:

DouglasMcc said:
I have always been very lenient with Marvel Crossovers. I can usually look at the overall story arc and find something to like. However, it only took 15 pages for Civil War to go from cool concept to crap ... I am talking about the last half of book 7. Now, I had waited 6 issues for something to happen other than b##ching and posturing. I wanted something meaningful to end this story. And what do they give us?!? Operation Zero Tolerance Part 2 (obscure X-men reference .. sure.. 20 points to whoever got that aside). One of the limpest, non-rewarding endings in the history of Marvel Comics. In fact, Civil War served as nothing more than an excuse to make another 20 Initiative minis or 50 I guess .. can't wait for The Initiative, Code Name Nebraska .... oww.. the mind reels. Or maybe that's my lunch.

My friends talked crap about Civil War from the beginning, but I so wanted it to succeed. Millar was a great writer and the art looked awesome. But it turns out they were right all along. I truly hope Millar was forced to end it that way by his editors. Because that tripe was not the Millar I have been reading and enjoying for the last few years.

So, to end this tirade :monkey3 , I have finally decided on my Civil War banner ... excuse me for not taking the time to find a pretty picture.

I'M WITH ... EVERYONE WHO WANTS THEIR MONEY BACK!

That's about how I feel as well.

This ending sucked. :(

I thought DC's Crisis series weren't fabulous but at least in the end I wasn't absolutely pi$$ed. Civil War was very entertaining, much more than DC's recent crossovers, but that doesn't matter if the story ends so badly like this. The momentum was just killed with Cap's conclusion.

In the end Civil War ruined Spider-Man, Cap, and Iron Man.

I now have no reason to buy any Marvel book.

Back