City Hunter Predator: Neca vs Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT City Hunter 2.0 will be very good with TD custom mask.
And 1:6 is perfect scale for me because it is not too big or too small.

HT City Hunter 2.0 will be very good with TD custom mask.
And 1:6 is perfect scale for me because it is not too big or too small.

Nice pics, man. Yeah, TD's mask is a must - I can't wait till mine gets here. Ordered the eyes-connected version and the cannon. Did you shorten the neck on your CH, or is it the stock neck? Nice mods all across nonetheless. Do you have Neca's CH too?

I would've gotten Jungle Hunter 2.0 if they had updated the body.
They did.... :wink1: ?

No, nothing on the body is updated. The changes are solely helmet (decreased visor gap & removed seam) and LED related. I confirmed this with Neca, through their official facebook page. That said, paint application might be better, seeing as they've stepped up their paint game since the first 1/4 P1 was released. This, of course, is just a prediction and nothing confirmed.

No, nothing on the body is updated. The changes are solely helmet (decreased visor gap & removed seam) and LED related. I confirmed this with Neca, through their official facebook page. That said, paint application might be better, seeing as they've stepped up their paint game since the first 1/4 P1 was released. This, of course, is just a prediction and nothing confirmed.

I thought you where talking about Hot Toys 2.0. :slap I was going to say... :lol

I thought you where talking about Hot Toys 2.0. :slap I was going to say... :lol

Friend, I just wish there was a Hot Toys 2.0 Jungle Hunter... But yeah, was talking about the upcoming Neca Jungle Hunter.

Back to CITY HUNTER, does anyone have both HT's & Neca's and mind posing them together?

Can't-take-this.jpg

Side by side comparison, anyone?

Oh, and what would be a good price for a MISB Neca 1/4 City Hunter?

Ok will do.

Will get some side by side pics.

Looking forward to it, mate.

1\4 scale is very big to me...

It is, but after getting Neca's 1/4 (closed mouthed) Jungle Hunter, I realized they're pretty perfect as sculptures. A nice compliment, size and accuracy wise, to the more poseable Hot Toys preds. After that I think have to get the 1/4 (masked) City Hunter too. And I've pre-ordered the new LED masked Jungle Hunter as well.

I'm new to this collectible thing, but glad I've discovered and gotten into it. Only collecting predators though, specifically the main ones P1, P2 and Predators. Need to get a couple of detolfs and start breaking some predator box seals. (As of right now, all my preds are still unopened, pending a move to new house.) Planning to have HT's Classic, City Hunter and Berserker in one detolf, and Neca's P1 and P2 in the other.

PS. Can't wait to get your awesome HT City Hunter mask, TD.

When I said NECA is more 'movie accurate' is more so, Hot Toys then to stylize their figures hence slightly changing the figure a bit.

Skyline, mate, THAT IS THE BEST SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON I've ever seen on this site. On behalf of myself, and everyone who's ever wanted these bad boys compared; thank you, thank you, thank you! Perfect angles, lighting, attention to detail. You just set a damn benchmark for how comparisons should be done.

I've now ordered the Neca one as well. Quite easy to realize I've got to have them both after seeing this. Big fan of the Stan Winston preds.

The fact that Neca's sculpt was going to be amazing is no news, but I must say I'm quite impressed by their paint job here. The proportions are more accurate too, it seems. I just wish the Neca biomask was a bit more smooth, with less texture. But I can live with that. Have you checked out Tylerdurdem's (here on Sideshow freaks) biomask for the HT City Hunter? It completes it. Maybe there's someone out there that makes custom Neca 1/4 City Hunter biomasks?

Skyline, mate, THAT IS THE BEST SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON I've ever seen on this site. On behalf of myself, and everyone who's ever wanted these bad boys compared; thank you, thank you, thank you! Perfect angles, lighting, attention to detail. You just set a damn benchmark for how comparisons should be done.

I've now ordered the Neca one as well. Quite easy to realize I've got to have them both after seeing this. Big fan of the Stan Winston preds.

The fact that Neca's sculpt was going to be amazing is no news, but I must say I'm quite impressed by their paint job here. The proportions are more accurate too, it seems. I just wish the Neca biomask was a bit more smooth, with less texture. But I can live with that. Have you checked out Tylerdurdem's (here on Sideshow freaks) biomask for the HT City Hunter? It completes it. Maybe there's someone out there that makes custom Neca 1/4 City Hunter biomasks?

Thanks, appreciate it! :D

Sounds like after seeing the photos, you are getting both :yess:

Looking forward to see some pics.

Thanks again.

Will have to check out Tylerdurdem's Biomask to see the difference, you got a link to the Biomask?

wow!! great review\comparison ..very thanks mate!!!

neca sculptures are impressive .in many cases are better than the hottoys. just have to disagree with plastic netting .but snood size is too large for my taste and my apartment
also say that in both cases the masks are horrible !!!!

PS.hi OM1D...i hope finish you mask today and send the next week..

What the heck are you on about? Yeah the head, mask and cannon aren't great; but its not the "Worst Pred ever", far from it... :nono

The head and mask define this character. So yeah based on that, in my opinion the 2.0 version was very underwhelming. The figure felt rushed. It's the worst Pred figure I've owned, purely based on how disappointed I was.

The head and mask define this character. So yeah based on that, in my opinion the 2.0 version was very underwhelming. The figure felt rushed. It's the worst Pred figure I've owned, purely based on how disappointed I was.

You're point is very valid, but its certainly not the worst in my eyes.

Have you considered Taylerdurdem's mask and cannon? I'd say they are about as accurate as you going to get. :)

You're point is very valid, but its certainly not the worst in my eyes.

Have you considered Taylerdurdem's mask and cannon? I'd say they are about as accurate as you going to get. :)

I did consider it but then I decided to sell it. :D HT's should have spent more time aiming for an accurate mask and cannon from the start.

Who knows, we may get an accurate 3.0 version one day?...:lol

Back