CHINA. X - H 1/6 BRUCE LEE's 77th anniversary Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, that looks normal to me. I think I?m beginning to understand what you mean. Like a blended slight shade of darker skin around his eyes, like as if he?s a bit tired. Not enough sleep.

It?s something that doesn?t jump at me when I look at it. To me, it?s not a fuss I have over it. & I have a few fusses about it :lol

You said you were painting it right? I’m interested in seeing that.

pretty good job mate.i think a good matt paint finish would give the sculpt a more proto type look.you may get replacement foot if its not a one off.

Got me thinking I didn’t give the smiling sculpt a chance. Looks quite good in your pic.

The sweat throws the sculpt off the proto never had it, and Eric's repaint. Shows it better. So Larry got your paint and brushes ready 😬,,I may even try a matt varnish coat on it

:lol I don’t think so Chris. Paint brush in my hand will only make things worse.

View attachment 494869

I did a little bit of repaint on the bd head also with flat clear. The eyes were not looking at the same direction before, so I painted one eye a little wider. I think the shape of the left eye is just off so it can't be saved with repainting

Painting the eyes? I’d probably have the shakiest hands :lol

Nice to have the ability to improve your statues/figures.

View attachment 495086

View attachment 495087

Darkened the cheeks a little bit to give his face a little more shape, I think I will leave it alone before I start to mess it up. The more I paint the more I realize these are actually pretty good headsculpts. The extra effects he painted on just made them look worse. I want to paint the bamboo whip also. I don't think it's supposed to be dark green like this?

the whip is a tad lighter in the scene,but not too big a difference.the sculpts are very good,the added paint/sweat may well throw them more than a flat coat shown on the proto.from a distance the ''effects'' aren't that noticeable on display.but well done on your touch up.

hGIEmGB.jpg
far from perfect,but it gives the 2nd sculpt a display option.ok for a first attempt.

Back