Channing Tatum to play mermaid in "Splash" remake

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why some people care so much about movies being made that aren't even targeted at them. :dunno

Jillian Bell was the stand out for me from 22 Jump Street and her show Idiotsitter is funny. Channing was even on an episode and it was good so i'm betting this film could turn out funny too.

I don't get why some people care so much about movies being made that aren't even targeted at them. :dunno

Jillian Bell was the stand out for me from 22 Jump Street and her show Idiotsitter is funny. Channing was even on an episode and it was good so i'm betting this film could turn out funny too.
I'm thinking it could be a comedy too.

Exactly. I don't understand the exasperation over a romantic comedy. It's like some people are shocked that such a film would seek to target female and gay male movie goers once in a while.

moisture-is-the-essence-of-beauty-matrixyderm.gif

AGH Ha Ha ha....:lol

Exactly. I don't understand the exasperation over a romantic comedy. It's like some people are shocked that such a film would seek to target female and gay male movie goers once in a while.

I think it's more of a response to all these movies being remade.

I haven't seen the old one in probably 20 years and I have no desire for this despite being a female.

Know nothing about the movie.

Am offended anyway.

"Care", "exasperated", and "offended" are overly-strong words. I cared about Ghostbusters. This ... eh. Not sure I've even seen the original ... which was already a chick flick, if I recall. Wasn't interested in the original. Wouldn't've been interested in a straight remake. And, not especially interested in a sex-swapped remake.

This wouldn't even be noteworthy if not for continuing the pandering trend.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I think it's more of a response to all these movies being remade.

I haven't seen the old one in probably 20 years and I have no desire for this despite being a female.

Well I agree the remakes are generally a terrible idea, at least for most films made after 1970 or so. Splash was actually one of my favourite films as a child.

I learned about this from a gay friend who was excited by it, so apparently there is an audience. I personally think Channing Tatum has a really goofy, oddly-shaped face, even he has a fabulous body, so he's not drawing me into the theatre either.

No reason to run and hide. It's a sad truth that young black people drown at much higher rates than whites.

A merman huh?......be interesting how they tackle the whole toilet issue, would not let my kids pee with no merman,well if any one can break down my mermaphonia its gotta be hollywood.

I cant wait to see the horrible trailer's.:lol Some one was way messed up thinking yea this is a good idea.:cuckoo::slap:lol

Back