Celebration Orlando 2017 - April 13-16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I missed lines LOL

[SARCASM]They weren't too bad...[/SARCASM]

5711f5fc9480dd103da339a04caf20c8.jpg
acac17cdd9753c14cd2e5cfcf5a608e5.jpg
e2c2a69492e76d339037096b49a16932.jpg
8785e631ce064b12eae07202f9ff788e.jpg
12adcddff7e5d5c7dbe8ff72e6babd33.jpg
d44e88b5526616e8e8bdf8f43441e18a.jpg

They lines were insane. And they rooms that the panels were in were tiny! They couldn't fit barely anybody in those rooms and overflow rooms. Pretty disappointing.

The line on the first day was the most ridiculous thing I've ever been a part of :lol

I agree. It was a joke. I went with my son & his best friend and mother. Because I had 2 kids, I didn't want to go at like 6am to be in line for 4 hours. So i figured I'd get there maybe a 1/2 hour after it opened, and maybe be in line for 30 minutes..... Nope. I got there at maybe 10:15, parked and took almost 10 mintutes to get to building to get in line, so around 10:30AM. Didn't get into the building till 12:30, then had to go to will call to pick up my sons ticket, and that took another good 30 minutes. So I didn't get into the show floor till after 1PM (3 hours after doors opened!!!)...

I was at Celebration III, and nothing like this. And I've gone to nearly every NY Comic Con (just missed 1st and last year). Lines also never this bad. Orlando really messed up big time. And Thursday was the only day I went... Was really frustrating. Never even got into the official store as it was about a 2hr wait, and then like another 30 minutes to buy stuff and check out. :( This was my sons 1st convention, he liked it but the lines were a real bummer. Hope 2019 is better as I think I'm gonna go to that one too.

Getting in on Thursday was pretty ridiculous. Whoever thought they were going to get everybody in through a single entrance and 8 metal detectors was a moron.

As for autographs and pictures, once you got in to your designated area, it was not too bad. Getting in there on the other hand, was another cluster****.

Nice job on the video, Punk! A pretty well rounded and fun look at the show. Did you buy anything from the room sales/swap?

Nice job on the video, Punk! A pretty well rounded and fun look at the show. Did you buy anything from the room sales/swap?

Thanks Swabs! I will be doing a "cutting room floor" video as well with some more stuff I shot but didn't put in the first video.
No, I didn't buy anything at the swap meet. I completed my vintage figure collection a couple years ago so didn't really need anything figure wise, and don't have any desire to pick up the Uzay or super rare stuff at the moment.

Getting in on Thursday was pretty ridiculous. Whoever thought they were going to get everybody in through a single entrance and 8 metal detectors was a moron.
London last year was WAY more organized, but they didn't have metal detectors, just manual bag checks and hand wands. But they had 3 times as many lanes, and an organized queue system. Once you got inside the building in Orlando, it was a huge cluster flock! I didn't get inside until 12:20, and I got there well before 10am...

Did you buy anything from the room sales/swap?
I bought some foreign stuff. Cereal boxes and cards, mainly Yoda related... There was a lot of cool stuff to look at! Drool worthy stuff!

Anaheim security was so good two of my friends snuck in for a few hours lol

Back