Celebration Chicago 2019 - April 11-15

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there's been an official get together in awhile. Only the lazy freaks who don't plan well go to Celebration now. :lol

I'm sure at some point people may meet up for dinner somewhere nearby.

Question for those that have been to one of these before. My wife and I want to go but saw that only Monday tickets remain. She’s worried that since it’s the last day of the event, that most guests, panels etc will be gone or done and that there will just essentially be vendors left and not much else going on. Can you help me out and let me know from past experiences if going on the last day of it is worth it.

In the past, the convention has run Thursday through Sunday. The last day is usually a shorter day and the major panels have been on Friday and Saturday. There are still panels, autographs and vendors even on the last day.

Rebelscum has some survival guides that have the schedules of past Celebrations. You might want to check it out and see what happened the last day to get an idea.

https://rebelscum.com/previews.asp

I've only been to 2. But yes, the last day is pretty light on panels. There is always a closing ceremonies panel, which is basically video highlights of what happened during the week, and sometimes the announcement for the next celebration. So don't expect a lot of actor panels.

The show floor was still open, so you can can shop until the bitter end. Autographs and photo ops were usually still open for most actors during the morning.

I've only been to 2. But yes, the last day is pretty light on panels. There is always a closing ceremonies panel, which is basically video highlights of what happened during the week, and sometimes the announcement for the next celebration. So don't expect a lot of actor panels.

The show floor was still open, so you can can shop until the bitter end. Autographs and photo ops were usually still open for most actors during the morning.

I'm curious - can anyone here give me a rough idea of how big Celebration is, compared to other non-SDCC cons? I'm just not sure what the scale of this is.

Guest list is a wee bit disappointing thus far. Still, should be fun.

The guest list seems to always creep in slowly like this. Pretty sure all the big names will be there (minus Harrison Ford).

It's heavily rumored that Hamill is going to sit this one out. He may attend a panel, but no autos/photos. Apparently his agent said so. Time will tell!

It's heavily rumored that Hamill is going to sit this one out. He may attend a panel, but no autos/photos. Apparently his agent said so. Time will tell!

The way fans have been behaving lately , I would also.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That's too bad. The Celebrations continue to grow, I'm gonna have to miss this one. Glad I got to meet Mr. Hamill in Florida years ago....and got him to sign several items.

The way fans have been behaving lately , I would also.

Yeah, I can't fault anyone who's fed up with fans. Shame, though, because so many newbies are coming this time around since travel is easier (or not necessary at all), and they've never met him. This might have been their only chance, unless Hamill randomly decides to do another Midwest con someday.

Back