Celebration Chicago 2019 - April 11-15

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Later this afternoon. Official opening tomorrow. Today’s for 5 day and preview day. I’ll be there later this afternoon.

I was there Thursday and Friday. I had a great time...but security was very rude (I am disabled and it was hard to get around).

I had a good time. It seemed like line management was really good this time. I never showed up really early, so maybe lines were still bad. :lol

Store looked like a cluster the first day, but the lines were shorter the rest of the time. The app sucked for most of the show.

I also had a great time!

In terms of the Celebration store, on Thursday, they opened early for VIPs, but it was a total disaster, as their terminals kept having problems connecting through the wi-fi, and then it turned out that many product sku's had not been loaded into the system, so the entire system was closed down for over an hour while people just waited in line. It wouldn't have been so bad if the line had been moving, but it was actually entirely shut down for a long time. Many people left instead of waiting. Most VIPs were there for more than 3 hours. As for the regular attendees, some waiting for over 5 hours, and the line was eventually capped.

After the first couple days, and once things started selling out, the line became much more manageable.

Back