Celebration Orlando 2017 - April 13-16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone else think that this sell out is just the old sales trick of creating a sense of urgency? We are 4 months from the show and there has been absolutely no news about guests, panels, exclusives, etc. and then yesterday they announce the hosts along with a "4 day passes almost sold out" message. Then today less than 24 hours later all the 4 day passes are sold out. Really? 4 months away from the show? A show where you have absolutely no idea of guests or anything else?

I think the reality is that sales of 4 day passes were slow so they created this urgency so that people would freak out and buy the individual day passes at a higher cost. A big win for Reed. Call me crazy but that's my opinion. As far as I am aware the only US celebration to sell out of the 4 day passes ahead of time was Anaheim and that was due to the local population of the LA area and even then the 4 day passes did not sell out until 3 weeks before the show.

Does anyone else think that this sell out is just the old sales trick of creating a sense of urgency? We are 4 months from the show and there has been absolutely no news about guests, panels, exclusives, etc. and then yesterday they announce the hosts along with a "4 day passes almost sold out" message. Then today less than 24 hours later all the 4 day passes are sold out. Really? 4 months away from the show? A show where you have absolutely no idea of guests or anything else?

I think the reality is that sales of 4 day passes were slow so they created this urgency so that people would freak out and buy the individual day passes at a higher cost. A big win for Reed. Call me crazy but that's my opinion. As far as I am aware the only US celebration to sell out of the 4 day passes ahead of time was Anaheim and that was due to the local population of the LA area and even then the 4 day passes did not sell out until 3 weeks before the show.
Unfortunately this may be the case. However true or not I don't think we will see another batch of 4day passes. It really forces people who want to see the opening ceremony and the main guest on Saturday to buy 2-3 badges now.

It is also true that they expanded the last European Celebration, and sold additional 3 day passes for that after initially selling those out.

Believe it or not, there is definitely room for expansion at OCCC, as seen during V and VI....

Unfortunately this may be the case. However true or not I don't think we will see another batch of 4day passes. It really forces people who want to see the opening ceremony and the main guest on Saturday to buy 2-3 badges now.

I don't think we'll see another batch of 4 day passes either. They will make more money from selling 4 individual day passes. I'm trying to decide what to do now. I don't know if I should wait it out in hopes of more 4 day passes, buy 2 or 3 individual days, or just forget about going all together. Some info about guests, etc. would help the decision.

I don't think we'll see another batch of 4 day passes either. They will make more money from selling 4 individual day passes. I'm trying to decide what to do now. I don't know if I should wait it out in hopes of more 4 day passes, buy 2 or 3 individual days, or just forget about going all together. Some info about guests, etc. would help the decision.
If I had no pass right now I would buy Thursday and Saturday. Friday explore Florida.

I am pretty sure CIV sold out of 4 day before the event. I think most the days actually ended up selling out.

That was a pretty small venue for SW....
Numbers wise it was as big or bigger then all but the last one. Also they didn't make good use of the space they had and they didn't use all the space the convention center had available.

Has anyone heard any news about guests, panels, exclusives, etc.? It seems strange to me that we are only 3 months away and there has been no news other than the stage hosts.

Seems about right. I think we'll start hearing stuff by next month. The opening ceremony will be sad without Carrie. :(

I wonder if there will be pins or salacious crumb items?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sigh. I knew I should've went when it was in Anaheim.
Still kicking myself for meeting the Outsiders instead of Carrie Fisher at New York Comic Con last year as well.

Back