CELEBRATION EUROPE - JULY 2007 - LONDON

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!

Showmasters (arguably the biggest UK fan event organisers) have announced that the official SW convention is coming to Europe.

Details are still to be finalised but it will be at Earl's Court in London in July.

The first guest announcements and official press release should be made shortly.

Yee-haw!!!!!

I wonder if we can get Sideshow to come over and have a stand there? I'd be happy to help them man it.

:D

I am canceling my plans to go to LA in July '07 and I am going to London! I am so excited!
I live in New York but I travel to London regularly and I am very happy to go there instead of LA!
I know the city and I have been to Earls Court to see Iron Maiden, so I am definitley goign there! WooHoo!!!

Booked my hotel room already.

Got a great deal at Kings Cross Travelodge - £26.00 per night if I paid now.

Needless to say I booked it straight away. With CE and Wimbledon I have a feelign that rooms are going to disappear quite quickly!

I am on the fence about this. I have been to London last fall and I was planning to go to SDCC 2007 to see USA.
But if my time will be limited I might cancel SDCC and come to London once more.

BTW, 26 Pound is very very nice price for a hotel in London as last year I paid 105 Pounds(around 200 $) per night to Holiday Inn :D

I did offer to 'man' a stand for them for CE but received no response.

I have actually spoken to the main events organiser last week and let me tell you this...just wait until CIV is over...then your jaw is gonna drop.

There's some absolutely friggin unbelievable stuff planned and over 75 guests planned ranging from the ULTIMATE to the tiny...

abstractharmony said:
I did offer to 'man' a stand for them for CE but received no response.

I have actually spoken to the main events organiser last week and let me tell you this...just wait until CIV is over...then your jaw is gonna drop.

There's some absolutely friggin unbelievable stuff planned and over 75 guests planned ranging from the ULTIMATE to the tiny...

Good news indeed! I have to admit, I was getting a little worried, what with so little information seeping out...and only five guests officially announced!
I had a feeling they could not let this one slide though! Hell, even George Lucas said London is the spiritual home of Star Wars...Most of the OT was filmed there afterall!

I am getting very excited! I am already booked at the Crowne Plaza at ExCel and now I am just waiting for some inexpensive airfares to be posted...speaking of which, what is with that portion of the CE website? It is one of the only bits on there that still says 'Coming Soon'.

I was hoping they might have had some kind of discount set up with Virgin or BA!!!

I have faith that Showmasters will make this an event to remember for all SW fans, I've been to a number of their events before, about five Collectormanias and one of their London Film And Comic Cons a couple of years ago.

They're always very well done and if you get there earlier, you usually get to see all the guests you want to see.

I can only remember not getting to see one guest which was James Marsters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

But to be fair that was partially my own fault as we didn't get there until later in the day when the tickets were sold out.

At the minute I'm in two minds as to whether I can afford to attend, but if I can I'm certainly gonna go.

I know of several artists planning on attending; myself ( Allison Sohn) Cat Staggs, Randy Martinez and Adam Hughes so far. I'm sure there are more to come; those are just the few I can think of off hand.

Hey Allison, after reading this post I just went and checked out some of your work on line.... absolutely amazing. Welcome to the forum, it's always good to have more creative types here :bow

I do the odd 12" custom resculpt and oil painting, so I always appreciate meeting new people with talent, and getting to see their works.

So thanks for giving me something new to look at :)

Wow! Great artisits!
I wonder how much commisioned art will set us back out there!?

CE will be incredible, the enthusiasm, energy at this will be special as it's the 1st outside America & a lot of people's 1st time, a united nations of star wars

Back