Star Wars Celebration V: Main Event Freaks Camp Out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is awesome!
I just hope that we won't be real jacked up by the time the Freaks Party is on! :lecture

Bam, your sig and avatar look like someone elses on my iPhone.

I think if we are able to take breaks from the line for rest we will all be okay. I personally plan on napping Friday evening and maybe a bit after the panel itself. And I never nap!

Bam, your sig and avatar look like someone elses on my iPhone.

I think if we are able to take breaks from the line for rest we will all be okay. I personally plan on napping Friday evening and maybe a bit after the panel itself. And I never nap!

I'm copying Galatiboy tonight. :D

We shall see....naps sounds good....MMMMMmmmmm

Come on guys and gals, lets get the freak body count up on this. Only six so far, it would be great to get to at least ten crazy freaks for this event. Join us.

Go ahead and put me down. I am not 100% sure yet, cause this is gonna be a long ass day. I may just have Bam or another unwilling participant strap me to their back so that I can nap for the rest of the day. :D

Will do, that brings us to seven. It would be great if we have just enough of us so that each one could take a nice break, head back to their hotel room, etc.

So this will be it? Any other interested parties? Currently, I'm thinking about jumping on line at about 11 pm Friday night after maybe a five hour nap.

MEFCO Attendees:

1. furystorm
2. Avfin
3. Darth Waller
4. Bamboota
5. jimjimmyjones85
6. m0reta (who will have his mother in line by 5 AM)
7. agen_kolar

current as of: 7/30/2010

Talking about old men. I'm 50 years old! God, how did I get so old? Anyway, I've been debating for the last few days if I want to wait overnight or not. I'm gonna be there. Got a reservation at the Peabody Hotel right next to the convention center. I still don't know what to do. Where are you guys going to meet? Will there be some kind of "pre-line" to spend the night in? I would really hate to do this and end up sitting in a room watching a video that I could watch a few hours (maybe a few minutes later) on my Iphone on youtube. How are you all going to find each other. What time are you meeting?

Let me get this straight, your going to spend 2 days in line, miss the majority of the convention to see 1 hr of Lucas? Eff that!

Let me get this straight, your going to spend 2 days in line, miss the majority of the convention to see 1 hr of Lucas? Eff that!

you didn't read that right.

their plan (which I'm mildly considering joining if they'll take me) is to get in line sometime Friday night for the Saturday morning Main Event. That's clearly in the first post. Where you got the idea about "spend 2 days in line, miss the majority", I have no idea...

Where are you guys going to meet? Will there be some kind of "pre-line" to spend the night in? I would really hate to do this and end up sitting in a room watching a video that I could watch a few hours (maybe a few minutes later) on my Iphone on youtube. How are you all going to find each other. What time are you meeting?

We don't have a completely solid plan in place yet for meeting, but many of us are going to have already met and be hanging out in panels etc. during the show on Thursday and Friday. Believe me, if I get into the line and find there is not going to be space in the actual live room for us, I'm gone. I'm not waiting overnight for a seat in a digital projection room or otherwise. It's the Celebration Stage for me or nothing. Like you said, we could view it later another way. I'm not even sure exactly how we are all going to find one another myself, but the meeting time I currently have in mind is 11 PM on Friday. Also, there are enough of us to allow one or two members to slip off and take restroom and possibly even nap breaks away from the line. You being at the Peabody is ideal for you because it is right there, a very short walk (past the gators!). I think when the time comes closer I will send everyone my phone number so if they cannot find us in the line, someone can call me.

We're not going to spend two days in line, but just an overnight to be sure we get the wrist bands for the Main Event. Like I said above, if I see there are way too many people in front of us to secure a band for the Celebration Stage proper, then I'm out. Believe me, I'm not going to be missing very much convention. I have a completely packed schedule of events to attend, and have only worked in short nap periods prior to the line and after the Main Event. Plus the camp out could prove fun, barring thunderstorms which are obviously inevitable at this time of year in Orlando.

their plan (which I'm mildly considering joining if they'll take me) is to get in line sometime Friday night for the Saturday morning Main Event.

I'm adding you to the list now, you are our eighth member, and of course we will take you.

Last edited:
We don't have a completely solid plan in place yet for meeting, but many of us are going to have already met and be hanging out in panels etc. during the show on Thursday and Friday. Believe me, if I get into the line and find there is not going to be space in the actual live room for us, I'm gone. I'm not waiting overnight for a seat in a digital projection room or otherwise. It's the Celebration Stage for me or nothing. Like you said, we could view it later another way. I'm not even sure exactly how we are all going to find one another myself, but the meeting time I currently have in mind is 11 PM on Friday. Also, there are enough of us to allow one or two members to slip off and take restroom and possibly even nap breaks away from the line. You being at the Peabody is ideal for you because it is right there, a very short walk (past the gators!). I think when the time comes closer I will send everyone my phone number so if they cannot find us in the line, someone can call me.

We're not going to spend two days in line, but just an overnight to be sure we get the wrist bands for the Main Event. Like I said above, if I see there are way too many people in front of us to secure a band for the Celebration Stage proper, then I'm out. Believe me, I'm not going to be missing very much convention. I have a completely packed schedule of events to attend, and have only worked in short nap periods prior to the line and after the Main Event. Plus the camp out could prove fun, barring thunderstorms which are obviously inevitable at this time of year in Orlando.

I'm adding you to the list now, you are our eight member, and of course we will take you.

Thanks for putting me on the list. My girlfriend refuses to do this and I'm not doing it alone. So if I do this, it will definitely be with this group!

Hope those of you still planning on camping out have a good time. I've decided to just stay in my room at the Peabody and miss it. Today I saw mark hamill and Warwick Davis. Yesterday I saw Anthony Daniels, jeremy bullock, Daniel Logan, Jon berg and Lorne peterson plus the Disney and dark horse panels so i've seen a lot. But doing the overnight thing and then going in there at 6am and then waiting 5 hours until 11 am is just too much. So those of you still doing it, enjoy and thanks for the invite.

hehe, I knew this would happen. Of course! It's George Lucas, the master himself, who'd wanna miss that!? I'm actually kind of ticked that I'm not going to Celebration V at all this year. I went to Celebration IV, spent thousands of dollars to fly out to L.A. for the four day pass back in 2007, and Lucas and Hamill didn't even show, and now, it's in Orlando Florida, let alone driving distance! And I'm not going?.....that's why I'm pissed that my friend kind of stood me up, he said he would have saved enough to go with me, and now, I have nobody to go with, so I feel foolish going by myself.

I said, I would just go myself, problem is, now its a last minute deal, and I certainly won't make the George Lucas event. And who knows what Sunday will be like...still, (was) a rare opportunity for me. People spend thousands of dollars to attend this sort of event (I would know) And I, on the other hand, wouldn't even have to spend more than $150 to attend.

I was really hoping to see George Lucas, though. But I knew I wouldn't even have a chance on account to the thousand-something people camping out for wristbands. I remember having to arrive early for Star Wars Weekends autograph coupons, and I still didn't get one when I lined up at 5am. It's absolutely ridiculous fandom. But hey, what am I talking about here? it's f'n Star Wars!

you didn't read that right.

their plan (which I'm mildly considering joining if they'll take me) is to get in line sometime Friday night for the Saturday morning Main Event. That's clearly in the first post. Where you got the idea about "spend 2 days in line, miss the majority", I have no idea...

My bad...Well, I hope you guys have a blast and most important get to see El Jefe George.

Man this line is crazy...wish Furystorm would have come and kept me company. Haven't gone to the restroom in 10 hours.:/

Back