Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

So when is the trailer going to be out?

should be soon isnt this movie due this year

The tech thing DOES happen all the time the thing is they've been touting this as a period piece so it is a bit WTF...

So when is the trailer going to be out?

There was this trailer list, but no word on how accurate it is:

01.14.11 with The Green Hornet

•Battle: Los Angeles Trailer
•Priest Trailer 2

01.21.11 with No Strings Attached

•Red Riding Hood Trailer (aka “Trailer 2”)
•Scream 4 Trailer (aka “Trailer” 2)

02.06.11 with Super Bowl XLV

•Captain America: The First Avenger TV Spot
•Cowboys & Aliens TV Spot
•X-Men: First Class TV Spot

02.11.11 with Just Go With It

•Bad Teacher Trailer
•Zookeeper Teaser Trailer

02.18.11 with I Am Number Four

•Transformers: Dark of the Moon Teaser Trailer 2

02.25.11 with Hall Pass

•Arthur Trailer
•The Hangover Part II Teaser Trailer

03.11.11 with Battle: Los Angeles and Red Riding Hood

•Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Trailer
•Super 8 Trailer (aka “Trailer 2”)

03.25.11 with Sucker Punch

•Green Lantern Trailer (aka “Trailer 2”)
•Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Trailer
•Super 8 Trailer (aka “Trailer 2”)

04.01.11 with Source Code

•The Darkest Hour Teaser Trailer

04.29.11 with Fast Five

•Cowboys & Aliens Trailer (aka “Trailer 2”)

05.05.11 with Thor

•Captain America: The First Avenger Trailer
•Transformers: Dark of the Moon Trailer (aka “Trailer 3”)

https://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=28052

Seems kind of odd that we're only getting a brief TV spot first and then the 'real' trailer months later, though.

Yeah, this movie is going to suck :lol

The Los Angeles Times talked to Captain America: The First Avenger director Joe Johnston shortly after he saw a first cut of the movie. His reaction:

“I watched the movie for the first time a few days ago and I just looked at the first cut and there is so much entertainment value — it’s just flat-out fun to watch,” Johnston said of his Marvel Studios film, which hits theaters July 22._ “Maybe I’m somewhat biased — I was there [when we made it] — but, seriously, it’s funny, it’s exciting and there’s great visual effects._ The movie is going to be something more than people are expecting. This movie is going to surprise some people. It is the origin story of Captain America but it is also something rare — it’s a period superhero film but there’s great action in it. You don’t normally think of guys driving around in 1939 sedans in an action film but there are some great action beats in it. It’s just a helluva lot of fun to watch.”

Last edited:

Yeah, this movie is going to suck :lol

The Los Angeles Times talked to Captain America: The First Avenger director Joe Johnston shortly after he saw a first cut of the movie. His reaction:

“I watched the movie for the first time a few days ago and I just looked at the first cut and there is so much entertainment value — it’s just flat-out fun to watch,” Johnston said of his Marvel Studios film, which hits theaters July 22._ “Maybe I’m somewhat biased — I was there [when we made it] — but, seriously, it’s funny, it’s exciting and there’s great visual effects._ The movie is going to be something more than people are expecting. This movie is going to surprise some people. It is the origin story of Captain America but it is also something rare — it’s a period superhero film but there’s great action in it. You don’t normally think of guys driving around in 1939 sedans in an action film but there are some great action beats in it. It’s just a helluva lot of fun to watch.”

I believe nothing he says.
If he said the sky was blue I'd look twice.

Have you guys seen the Halloween Costumes yet?

The Cap looks just like the movie suit so theres a good chance this is what Skull is going to look like :

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/18/captain-america-thor-costumes-red-skull/

redskull1.jpg

Looks like it is confirmed that there will be a TV ad during the Super Bowl but haven't seen if there will be a full trailer released before that or not yet.

Sounds like there won't be a trailer before the Super Bowl ad.

For Super 8 and Captain America, the Super Bowl spots will serve as our first look at footage from the film. Super 8 did have a brief train crash teaser trailer but that footage was reportedly created exclusively for said trailer. Captain America's trailer has been rumored to be held off while the effects were polished enough to appease Joe Johnston and the studio.

I'm disgusted to live in a world that is afraid of portraying Nazis in a negative light.

I'm disgusted to live in a world that is afraid of portraying Nazis in a negative light.

I'm disgusted that the trailer hasn't been released yet and now we will only get a 30 sec glimpse during the Superbowl :gah:

He better throw his godamn shield in those 30 sec is all I have to say :tap

My wife just said to me that 30 sec is right up my alley :lol

Wait......:horror

Me thinks Flosi will appreciate this one :lol

:hi5:

I bet the superbowl ad is 29 seconds of Sam Jackson talking about WW2 and Captain America, followed by a 1 second of a shot of Chris Evans from behind.

Back