Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw this in 3D. The movie was OK. Unfortunately, there were only a couple of instances were it really felt like a 3D movie.

Everywhere I read online said to skip it for 3D, so I went 2D and it was definitely evident that there were only a few spots where it was 3D converted.

So why
Spoiler Spoiler:

They are hiding the look because:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm curious to see
Spoiler Spoiler:

or how they all come together. This movie has got to be like three hours

long :lol

Ok, everyone knows here that i'm the expert when it comes to home theater and 3D.

Well, i'm not really an expert, and umm, no one really knows that about me....but it sounded good :lol

Anyways.

As far as 3D conversion goes Alice in Wonderland is known as tops but remember that movie was almost all animated CGI.

As far as shot in real 3D, Avatar, Transformers 3 and Step Up 3D are the top 3 (3D quality i'm talking about, not movie quality).

Thor was an acceptable conversionn, not AIW quality but acceptable.

Cap was definately better than Thor as conversions go but still not AIW quality.

The 3D in Cap really opened up once he received his official uniform (before his uniform, it was rather flat) and from there forward it was a really good conversion.

Especially the airplane scenes.

The shield throw into the audience, slowly spinning outwards really popped out of the screen. :clap

That one scene alone was worth seeing it in 3D for me.

The one Verbal uses for his avatar......where is verbal when you need him :tap

:lol

I'm curious to see
Spoiler Spoiler:

or how they all come together. This movie has got to be like three hours

long :lol

I think the
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think
Spoiler Spoiler:

More Red Skull would definately be a butt load of WIN! :hi5:

But the movie is definately overcrowded as it is.

Pretty soon MODOK will be announced as another villain :horror

To bring the conversation back to topic, I remember one of the writers or producers stating that a sequel for this might either be in modern times or back in WWII. Considering how they ended the film, how would that be possible? Would they have a whole film focus on one of his Hydra missions? I don't think that'd play over well....I don't see where this could go other than have it modern.

To bring the conversation back to topic, I remember one of the writers or producers stating that a sequel for this might either be in modern times or back in WWII. Considering how they ended the film, how would that be possible? Would they have a whole film focus on one of his Hydra missions? I don't think that'd play over well....I don't see where this could go other than have it modern.

I thought the same thing.

They could easily have Cap sitting with his fellow Avengers drinking coffee and have Cap tell a story of how something happened.

Everyone loves history :lol

With Cap on ice, it wouldn't be a Cap movie now wouldn't it? That would be good for a SHIELD film.

I apologize if this has been discussed already...

So if Cap's shield is with him when he's frozen, then what were we teased with in the Iron man movies?

Stark's attempts to replicate the shield?

Back