Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the movie in PREMIER!!! INCREDIBLE!!!! THE BEST !! THE END SUPER GREAT!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE AVENGERS MOVIE AND GET ALL MY AVENGERS HEROES FROM HOT TOYS!!! :)

I saw this today expecting a good movie, but what I got was godawfully

INCREDIBLE!!!!!

Deffinitely up there with First Class, loved this movie so much. It seems like RDJ, Chris Hemsworth (although I haven't even seen Thor yet..), and Chris Evans just fit their character so perfectly..

Avengers trailer was awesome too!

I loved all the references but one in particular made me laugh, when schmidt says "and der fur is stuck looking for trinkets in the desert" definitely a indy reference.

Awesome movie. Marvel has hit it out of the ballpark three times in a row this year. It must be killing DC that Marvel has produced three hits and Green Lantern was a dud.

PS - I loved the little reference to the Indiana Jones movies too.

Last edited:
I just returned from seeing it, the movie is fantastic. I don't have time to go into details running out the door but I agree with almost everything J4.

The only negative I can say is the SEO (I understand it is part of the story) and the last 10 mins (piece they added in Times Square). The film would been even stronger if ended without it. I understand needed to set up the Avengers.

8.5 /10 Fantastic!!!!!

:rock :hi5: :rock

I just returned from seeing it, the movie is fantastic. I don't have time to go into details running out the door but I agree with almost everything J4.

The only negative I can say is the SEO (I understand it is part of the story) and the last 10 mins (piece they added in Times Square). The film would been even stronger if ended without it. I understand needed to set up the Avengers.

8.5 /10 Fantastic!!!!!

I actually disagree about the last 10 mins. For me, it did the job I felt it was suppose to. I got caught up in the 40's era throughout the whole movie. And to be thrusted into present time within a minute, It made me feel out of place. Can't imagine what's going through Cap's head. Hopefully they continue this more in the Avengers and look very forward to seeing his interactions with Tony Stark, being his relationship with his Tony's father.

I actually disagree about the last 10 mins. For me, it did the job I felt it was suppose to. I got caught up in the 40's era throughout the whole movie. And to be thrusted into present time within a minute, It made me feel out of place. Can't imagine what's going through Cap's head. Hopefully they continue this more in the Avengers and look very forward to seeing his interactions with Tony Stark, being his relationship with his Tony's father.

I agree, it was meant to throw us off after 2 hrs in the 1940s to feel like Cap.

It worked.

The movie was good. I wouldn't say it was a great film. I still feel X Men 1st class is the best summer movie.

Back