Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the word has been thrown around ever since "Empire" and has gotten a lot of mileage after Nolan's Batman.
Same with the word "gritty", though that's become an un-cool word now.
Absolutely. Pretty much why I don't read or listen to a lot of film marketing any more.
I just wanna see a trailer and then the film itself.

Despite this being perfectly and reasonably explained to you a couple times in other threads.

In this case, the over-exposition, and that's putting it lightly, more like the bombardment of Iron Man in the MCU, more specifically, the rancid entries of this character, can very well ruin the rest of the iterations of this character, and I would perfectly understand if that's the case for some people, even more so since this is a cohesive universe and is in canon with it.

For instance, a mediocre and disappointing Thanos can ruin the entire MCU since the whole thing is a set up for that guy.

And despite your so called explanation I fully disagree with what you have to say. There have been many BAD sequels to good movies and I simply tune those poor sequels out and ejoy the original film. Jurassic Park 3 didn't ruin the original for me. Terminator Salvation or T3 didn't ruin T1 or T2 for me no matter how comical they tried to make the T-800/T-850. I will simply never agree that a bad film somehow destroys an entire series of films.

Idk Kit, if Thanos ends up being anticlimactic i'm throwing my MCU collection into the garbage.

Ok, maybe I'll hold onto TWS. :lol

:lol

that's my biggest fear. they really have to go all out on Thanos since 99.9% of the villains so far in the MCU have been lackluster.

I want Thanos to be threatening. He needs to kill an Avenger or two. :pray: :lol

And despite your so called explanation I fully disagree with what you have to say. There have been many BAD sequels to good movies and I simply tune those poor sequels out and ejoy the original film. Jurassic Park 3 didn't ruin the original for me. Terminator Salvation or T3 didn't ruin T1 or T2 for me no matter how comical they tried to make the T-800/T-850. I will simply never agree that a bad film somehow destroys an entire series of films.

You don't have to agree, I think it's delusional to no see how bad entries badmouth and degrade franchises and previous movies. I just brought it up cause you said you don't "understand" as if it was so irrational or inexplicable.

But Thanos is the end game, everything is building up towards him.

If he doesn't deliver, MCU will be tarnished and viewed as the big let down.

This is the inherent danger of a connected universe.

The opposite effect can also happen, if IW is great it will actually uplift some of the weaker entries that came before it.

Ok, maybe not IM3. :lol

CBM:

A few hours ago, a slightly updated version of Marvel's Captain America: Civil Wartrailer was played at the Asia Pop ComicCon and just like the D23 Expo trailer that came before it, this new cut of the trailer was also well-received, so well-received in fact, that it was played twice for the audience.

According to a variety of individuals present, there was not much that differentiated this new cut of the trailer from the previous one, many claiming it was just the D23 trailer, but a few Twitter users have posted rough descriptions of a few reportedly new/extended scenes, which included:

• Iron Man fighting both Captain America and the Winter Soldier.
  • Iron Man throwing Cap, but not seeing Bucky and then getting subsequently punched in the face.
  • This is probably a misdirection, but Scarlett Johansson's Black Widow is apparently the rumored double agent and it sounds like she doublecrosses Cap. She is shown reporting to the government, including General Ross and Tony Stark, before her showdown with Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye.
  • More of the Black Widow/Hawkeye fight; Natasha looks to be in bad shape after Clint delivers a big blow
  • Vision fighting both Falcon & Scarlet Witch.
  • More of the scene where Ant-Man thanks Cap for letting him be a part of the team. This time, Scott apparently pulls a Peggy and touches Steve's pecs to feel how big/firm they are at some point during the conversation.
  • Daniel Brühl's Baron Zemo makes an appearance.
  • Steve and Bucky hugging it out.
These brief decriptions were collected from Twitter, so there's always a chance that they may be a tad rough and/or possibly fake, but if true, you should get a pretty general idea of what was shown. Still no word on Black Panther or Spider-Man, but considering the Black Panther was a part of Marvel's D23 trailer, it's more than likely he was also a part of this trailer. As for Spider-Man, it sounds like he's still Marvel's best kept and most guarded secret.

Also, in case you wanted to know, Sebastian Stan (Once Upon A Time) received the largest ovation when he showed up for the panel afterwards. And for those of you that were hoping for a trailer leak, you're probably just better off waiting for the official trailer release as many are saying that the convention's security team was on point early and were picking up cell phones long before the footage ever played.

UPDATE: We now have a more detailed breakdown from reddit user murdockmanila:

Most of your probably know what that trailer looked like but here are my takeaways from viewing it twice. Yes we got to see it twice.

• Redwing seriously looks amazing!! The trailer does open with Cap's team in the African Market. Falcon mans a stealthy Redwing making its way under a van filled with explosives. Cap orders the team to attack. Falcon does an super awesome dive from the rooftop he's in and doesn't pull out his wings until landing closely.
  • We see another van open and Crossbones steps up along with his goons; with the most prominent goon being Ex-Thanos actor Damion Poitier.. Black Widow makes her way to the market in a very cool tracking shot reminiscent of her sequence in IM2 and does her signature leg wrap on Poiter. Falcon also does a pretty cool set of combat moves utilizing his wings.
  • You know those on set pics of Cap and the crowd screaming at something above them in fear? It's Cap throwing a grenade in the air. Someone fires a grenade at him (I think it's Crossbones) and it latches on to his shield. Cap tosses it in the air before it explodes. As Cap flinches at the air explosion, Crossbones kicks him hard from behind and their fight happens. I didn't notice anything different from the D23 descriptions in this one. Cap dismantles one of Crossbones' gauntlets pretty quickly. Crossbones then pops a blade out of the other gauntlet. Again, Cap beats him up and cracks his helmet. We don't get a good look at Rumlow's burnt face here.
  • VO by General Ross - looking a lot slimmer since his TIH appearance. Talks about vigilantism. We see a shot of - what looks like - Steve Rogers preventing a helicopter from crashing in slowmo. He pushes it away with one hand as his other hand is against a railing. We see his Avengers team going through a series of control rooms. They are led by Martin Freeman's character. In the blink-and-youll-miss-it moments he had, definitely felt more like a Henry Gyrich than an Everett Ross.
  • The Ant-Man post credits scene happens. Bucky does remember Steve. He tells him his mother's name and how he used to put newspaper in his shoes - you know D23 stuff. Best part of this scene is how Bucky delivers that line with an expression of relief and pain. Steve does a heartfelt smile. You just know how happy he is to have his bestfriend back.
  • Quick cuts of what looks like Cap smashing a soldier into a column. Bucky in his red jacket outfit punching other soldiers. Several shots of Crossbone with a different looking mask; this time with a yellow looking visor. These Crossbone shots are intersected with scenes that are set in this building. We get to see that truck flip.. More shots of Crossbones walking down a hall. Lots of flickering lights in what appears to be the control center I mentioned earlier.
  • One of the more interesting shots in the trailer was Cap and Bucky walking in snow towards a secret looking base in full superhero attire. The shot was barely 2 seconds but man did Bucky & Cap standing side by side in a mission look [frick]ing good. Holy **** that shot of the funeral scene. You see that scene happening - where they're carrying the casket in the aisle - and how beautifully framed it was, expect the tears to flow. Considering how we pretty much know who's funeral that is, Cap carrying the casket makes this scene heartbreaking to watch.
  • Those Tony Stark lines to Steve about how he wanted to punch him in his perfect teeth? I was expecting it to be during a fight. Those scenes were set in a conference room, probably from the same venue where those control rooms are. We see a helmetless Iron Man open an elevator door with his hands and he has a huge black eye. Another with Tony Stark walking behind General Ross.
  • Super fast glances at the other heroes. Hawkeye doing Hawkeye stuff with his bow. The Vision pondering as he plays chess in a suit. There's also a super fast shot of Black Panther revealing his claws as he's locking up against Hawkeye's bow.
  • We then see that infamous airport fight scene thanks to those leaked pics from a few weeks back. The money shot of Cap's team running though the tarmac was unimpressive to be honest. One dude online said it best - "It looked like the scene in Anchorman when all the news teams converged in that alley and fought.". It looked really goofy and awkward. But then again, this is the D23 trailer they cut a month ago. A ton could be added to that scene for some kickass superhero flair.
  • That end tag with Ant-Man was what you'd expect it to be. The theater went insane just seeing Paul Rudd in the trailer. He's going to be one of the best additions in the movie no doubt. He cops a feel of Steve's pecs.

Age of Ultron's first trailer didn't come out until well into October...
Iron Man: teaser in Oct - release in May
The Avengers: teaser in Oct - release in May
Iron Meh 3: teaser in Oct - release in May
Captain America 2: teaser in Oct - release in April
Age of Ultra Fail: teaser in Oct - release in May

Why hasn't there been a trailer, tease, or even a decent leak?

Probably more into mid to late Oct before we'll see a trailer. I got to see the D23 footage, there wasn't much post-production VFX done yet, could be that Marvel is waiting for an actual shot of Cap vs IM they can use for the trailer. The couple shots of Stark in the Mk46 didn't show him in combat or even flight.

Mark Millar:
image.jpeg

Wait, the guy who wrote "KickAss" can actually make sense and tell the truth?
Something's fishy about this...

Back