Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I said this already in another thread but Joss said in the commentary that he basically put Nat and Bruce together because Scar Jo and Mark Ruffalo was his fancast for this couple in one of his favorite 50's or 50's movie that he REALLY REALLY wants to remake but couldn't do it so he just shoved that relationship into Age of Ultron.

Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo sex scene in Civil War?

Nah probably not so that toddlers can see the movie. :lol

Personally I don't think Whedon did as good a job on AOU as he did with the first Avengers. It was still very very good but it was a choppy mess at times. I don't like how Ultron was portrayed(mostly just that he was underpowered and did stuff that made no sense) and I didnt like how Widow was written.
I really really like the The Winter Soldier, but I need to see another Russo Bro's movie before being sold on them. They also directed the paintball episodes of Community in S2 of that show, I thought they were brilliant :lol
I'm confident I'll enjoy all future MCU movies regardless of Director :D

Yeh I really enjoyed both Avengers, the first more than the second though I have only seen AoU once and thought similarly to you about Ultron and that some of the action towards the end dragged out a bit, still came out of the cinema hyped though looking forward to my next Marvel fix.

I really enjoyed TWS though and it is probably my most re-watched Marvel film of Phase 2, I am really looking forward to seeing what they do with Civil War as well as the next 2 Avengers films and do not envy them with more and more characters being added to the mix (that is unless they start killing some off or sending them to other planets). Just hope with the schedule for those 3 films they don't over stretch themselves!

I actually didn't mind the relationship the first time I saw AoU. It wasn't until subsequent viewings that I began to grow distasteful of it. Which reminds me, I think I'm overdue to watch AoU again. :lol

I now cringe at the entire bathroom scene at the farm when ever I watch AoU :ohbfrank:

And here I wish the extended version of the bedroom scene had been kept in the final cut. I don't really mind the Natasha/Banner relationship and can see why it makes sense from a writing perspective; it's one of those things I would've preferred to be fleshed out further (in an already crowded movie, I know). As it is, it just feels incomplete, and there isn't enough chemistry between the two to make up for it.

And here I wish the extended version of the bedroom scene had been kept in the final cut. I don't really mind the Natasha/Banner relationship and can see why it makes sense from a writing perspective; it's one of those things I would've preferred to be fleshed out further (in an already crowded movie, I know). As it is, it just feels incomplete, and there isn't enough chemistry between the two to make up for it.

I didn't mind the extended version and I agree if they had spent a little more time on it, built up to it or something it would have been better. But regardless it was so forced and I'm not a fan of the whole thing lol

Anyone heard anymore about the Fox/Marvel deal?

It'd be nice if they buried the hatchet. Let Marvel do with FF what they're doing with Spidey...

I didn't mind the extended version and I agree if they had spent a little more time on it, built up to it or something it would have been better. But regardless it was so forced and I'm not a fan of the whole thing lol

I agree on the "built up to it" for sure. It felt incredibly forced. I was as surprised as Hawkeye and it feels like his wife was selling the viewers "omg it's so obvious." I thought BW in TWS was great and the chemistry with Cap felt really organic. Not to say I wanted anything more to come from it but it's almost like they went from having incredible depth to their friendship to "yeah we're just teammates." The farm scene was really bad but the kiss and "I adore you" line was cringe-worthy.

TWS is easily the best MCU movie imo and as much I love Iron Man (and can't wait to see the Mark XLVI), I really hope this doesn't come off as Avengers 2.5.

(Reads past few pages)

I guess I'm the only one who didn't mind Nat and Bruce trying to hook up. :monkey2

Never bothered me and hardly noticed it, the flirting with Banner at the party seemed pretty natural for Widow and was fun to see then it was interesting to see she really does have feelings for him.

I thought BW in TWS was great and the chemistry with Cap felt really organic. Not to say I wanted anything more to come from it but it's almost like they went from having incredible depth to their friendship to "yeah we're just teammates." The farm scene was really bad but the kiss and "I adore you" line was cringe-worthy.

TWS is easily the best MCU movie imo and as much I love Iron Man (and can't wait to see the Mark XLVI), I really hope this doesn't come off as Avengers 2.5.

Agreed, everything about that film is on its game and loved seeing how close Cap and BW were and that she would turn her back on SHIELD when he suspected Fury's "death" had more to it. Its going to be really interesting to see the change in dynamic with her siding with Stark over both Rogers and Barton.

Here is hoping that May 2016 I am trying to decide which is my favourite Marvel film between CW and TWS!

I agree on the "built up to it" for sure. It felt incredibly forced. I was as surprised as Hawkeye and it feels like his wife was selling the viewers "omg it's so obvious." I thought BW in TWS was great and the chemistry with Cap felt really organic. Not to say I wanted anything more to come from it but it's almost like they went from having incredible depth to their friendship to "yeah we're just teammates." The farm scene was really bad but the kiss and "I adore you" line was cringe-worthy.

I totally agree about Barton's wife trying really hard to sell it to all of us that this was obvious and we should have seen it coming. Definitely not the case :ohbfrank: The main thing I like about the "I adore you" line is that she didn't say love. Because according to her, love is for children. And it was kinda great that she threw him off the ledge so the other guy would come out. But yes that scene was still kinda hard to watch. Not as bad as the farm scene for me, but still not good! They just made it odd :slap Again I agree about TWS, they had great chemistry. I'm hoping the Cap/Carter thing goes well in CW.

I totally agree about Barton's wife trying really hard to sell it to all of us that this was obvious and we should have seen it coming. Definitely not the case :ohbfrank: The main thing I like about the "I adore you" line is that she didn't say love. Because according to her, love is for children. And it was kinda great that she threw him off the ledge so the other guy would come out. But yes that scene was still kinda hard to watch. Not as bad as the farm scene for me, but still not good! They just made it odd :slap Again I agree about TWS, they had great chemistry. I'm hoping the Cap/Carter thing goes well in CW.

Definitely. Cap "deserves a win" lol.

I liked how BW prioritized the mission when she threw Hulk off the ledge. But part of me was wishing he never came back up :lol

He really does :lol

Oh I'm happy he came back up. I'm also happy that he rejected her and flew off in the quinjet :lol

Lol seeing sad Hulk was definitely somewhat amusing. Probably visually more than anything as he sat there looking huge :lol

There are just so many characters in this movie. So many individual sorry lines to look at: Cap/Buck, Cap/Carter, Cap/Iron Man, Iron Man/team, double agent, not to mention Spider-Man and BP's intros, and Paul Rudd definitely deserves his screen time as well. Whew! Glad I'm not the director! Hope for the best though!

Back