Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the Twitter reviews; however, reviews from anyone before I see the film are inconsequential to me, regardless of who they're from. Wait until you see the film, then form your OWN opinion. Don't form an opinion based on the opinions of someone else. All that matters is if the film is/was good to you or not.

Allow yourself to go in and be entertained and go in with an open mind. Don't go into a film with the intention of seeing how many "flaws" you can find in it. You'll only end up ruining the movie for yourself.

I saw the Twitter reviews; however, reviews from anyone before I see the film are inconsequential to me, regardless of who they're from. Wait until you see the film, then form your OWN opinion. Don't form an opinion based on the opinions of someone else. All that matters is if the film is/was good to you or not.

Allow yourself to go in and be entertained and go in with an open mind. Don't go into a film with the intention of seeing how many "flaws" you can find in it. You'll only end up ruining the movie for yourself.

:exactly: :goodpost: Well said!

Scarlet Witch is the far bigger draw so I'd expect her to get a figure first.

Do you guys think the civil war cap is to similar to the aou cap to warrant his purchase? I own the aou version, but Im just not certain that the differences are big enough to get him, but on the other hand, im getting hyped for civil war and keep thinking about pre ordering cw cap.

The choice has to be yours. Get the CW version if you want it. I have the AOU version and love it, but I'm gonna also get the CW version. I like the CW version and I can afford it. It is very similar to the AOU version, but if you want it, get it.

I haven't had a new figure in close to a year now. With BvS and CA:CW coming out, I already PO'd Batman, Falcon, Superman, CA, WW and WM. I already know I'll be getting Spidey, Black Panther and the new IM MK 46. Still debating on CW: Ant Man though.

Just when I thought I was over HT. :rotfl

Heh, looks like Tony woke up and caught Vision and Wanda making out....plus Vision totally shops at Banana Republic. I can see the Vision customs now...

fb23198a13852178c5580331236d6650.jpg

Do you guys think the civil war cap is to similar to the aou cap to warrant his purchase? I own the aou version, but Im just not certain that the differences are big enough to get him, but on the other hand, im getting hyped for civil war and keep thinking about pre ordering cw cap.

Are they similar? Yes. Are they different? Also yes.

My rule of thumb is if you have to try and convince yourself to get a figure and not automatically knowing that it's something you want, then you probably shouldn't get it.

For me, yes. But that's up to you. I only want/need one Captain America, but if I was to own another I'd want a different look (I actually quite like the Stealth suit despite the apparent flaws of the figure) ... and Civil War just isn't different enough for me. I'd only buy it for some Cap vs Mk46 display, or indeed if I had both entire teams..

I own all 4 Thors. Of all the characters so far, his movie look doesn't change that much, yet they are all very different, and each one better than the last. But I bought them more because I'm a fan of the Thor movie characters. I'd buy Avengers Loki in a heartbeat if I could get it for a reasonable price. Black Widow doesn't change that much (except for AoU). I'm not enough of a fan of her to be able to justify TWS and CW, but I did get the AoU figure for my second of her.

Price is a factor too. I'm more likely to pick up a two versions of the same character, or even a duplicate if I can get a really good deal on it. I'd consider a second version of one my Terminators in fully battle damage if I could get it cheap enough.

You're probably right :p

Panther does look good, I just would have liked to see them round off Team Cap first and then into Team Iron Man, but I'm a little obsessive compulsive :p

Well they started with team iron man so he should be finished out first then right? (The WM and mk46 where the first figures to go up)

SW figure just released and she's not as popular as the bigger characters, and it's not first app figure so if they preview a third distinct figure for her inside of a year (the Aou normal and the new avengers outfit figure have both been shown or released) they really risk destroying the sales on any individual figure. Most people will only buy one version if they pick her up and have three shown all at the same time is a bad bad business move.

Back