Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scarlet Witch's new costume is fantastic. Really liking it. The new Ant-Man suit is slicker and more modern, which makes sense of course. Still think I prefer the original though.

SHF CW Antman. Good look at the costume
Civil-War-Ant-Man-SH-Figuarts.jpg

It's crazy... this one feels more ant-like... but I prefer the first suit.

It's crazy... this one feels more ant-like... but I prefer the first suit.

Pretty much my sentiments as well.

It essentially just looks like a more modernized version of the other suit. More sleek, more streamlined. That being said, I absolutely prefer the first suit. :lol

Great... the new suit has grown on me...

Now I gotta decide which one I want to keep(given I have a one figure per character rule)...

:gah:

Great... the new suit has grown on me...

Now I gotta decide which one I want to keep(given I have a one figure per character rule)...

:gah:

That's my rule too but the Ant-Man(2015) suit is just so beautiful, it has to be the Hot Toys version I get. Plus, this SHF CW version looks perfect in this scale, so it's a win-win.

IMG_9664_zpsdf0iobdp.jpg

The new suit looks pretty great. I am very much looking forward to seeing both HT figures side by side

Looks like there's been some drama with Ant-Man.
Civil War SH Figuarts Ant-Man Figure Photos & Order Info! - Marvel Toy News

First, a word about Giant-Man. Talking to various manufacturers at the New York Toy Fair 2016 earlier this month, I learned that Disney is literally trying to put the genie back in the lamp with the movie Giant-Man.
Basically, Disney/Marvel Studios told licensees that producing Civil War Giant-Man merch was fine–until the end of 2015, when they pulled out the rug on manufacturers and told them it was not fine, deciding that the movie version of Giant-Man should be a surprise. Whoops.

As a result, we’ve got a Marvel Legends Giant-Man Series that can’t be put up for order because the identity of the Build-A-Figure is a “spoiler”, Civil War Dorbz that can’t be released yet because Giant-Man is on the side of the box and a huge LEGO Civil War Airport battle that LEGO is now trying to hide the previously-revealed box art for.

Anyway, the point is that, for whatever reason, Disney is trying to obscure the inclusion of Giant-Man–and Ant-Man–in Captain America: Civil War. So if you’re wondering why we’ve seen so very little in the way of merch and photos of Civil War Scott Lang–that’s why.

So I assume he'll wear his original suit... till the final battle where he takes on the Mark II which is Giant Man.

Back