BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasn't a producer just recently hyping up Liam taking over the role saying he looks great in costume? As much as I like to dream I really doubt we'll ever see Henry in the role again, I figure they'll either cancel it in the coming months as the strikes go on or season 4 will get made with Liam and then they cancel it.
It's funny that they had to advertise this season entirely based on Henry and there's more official statues and figures of him now than before, probably trying milk and sell whatever they can to fans while the wound is still bleeding.
There are so many articles daily about the Witcher I don't even read them anymore, they are desperate and try to get attention,but yes I remember something similar about Liam looking great in the costume. Recasting the main actor is so silly, at this point I wish they just made a final movie to wrap it up, like they did with THE LAST KINGDOM. Huge fan of that show as well and Netflix milked the finale so much, whole thing got ruined. I believe Henry's decision wasn't unexpected so if they wanted,they could make it work and finish the story in some point,but as I mentioned general audience doesn't care much and show still gets enough views. Few days ago talked to my friend who has no idea about the drama and doesn't really follow pop culture,when I showed him Henry and Liam he said they look very similar and with a makeup and wig there won't be much difference. lol Most of the ppl outside internet won't take the recast as seriously as we do. Netflix cares only about the money, probably show won't reach to 7 seasons as they originally planned, but 4-5 are set to be shot back to back, I see them ending it with season 5 or making a final rushed movie to get rid of the show fast.

There are so many articles daily about the Witcher I don't even read them anymore, they are desperate and try to get attention,but yes I remember something similar about Liam looking great in the costume. Recasting the main actor is so silly, at this point I wish they just made a final movie to wrap it up, like they did with THE LAST KINGDOM. Huge fan of that show as well and Netflix milked the finale so much, whole thing got ruined. I believe Henry's decision wasn't unexpected so if they wanted,they could make it work and finish the story in some point,but as I mentioned general audience doesn't care much and show still gets enough views. Few days ago talked to my friend who has no idea about the drama and doesn't really follow pop culture,when I showed him Henry and Liam he said they look very similar and with a makeup and wig there won't be much difference. lol Most of the ppl outside internet won't take the recast as seriously as we do. Netflix cares only about the money, probably show won't reach to 7 seasons as they originally planned, but 4-5 are set to be shot back to back, I see them ending it with season 5 or making a final rushed movie to get rid of the show fast.
A movie would've been great, not perfect but better than trying to keep the show alive after they essentially lopped off it's head and now have this headless chicken running around. Deadwood, one of my favorite shows, was cancelled after only 3 seasons and over a decade later the cast and creator whom unfortunately was diagnosed with Alzheimer's while writing the movie, all came together to give fans a proper ending. It wasn't perfect, some of the main actors sadly passed away between the time the show was cancelled and the movie was put in production and they had to respect history and twist it in other areas but it was a beautiful send-off and a gift to the fans of the show. The Witcher could've done that even if it took years to get Henry back on board but it'll never be possible now cause at the end of the day Netflix is a business like you said and they see more profit in a show with no superstar to pay a high salary to, even tho Henry was getting paid less than say Pedro pascal in The Last of Us.

Wrapping it up with an abbreviated movie would be a terrible decision, if people have issue with them deviating from the books then that would just be feeding the vocal critics.

Henry negotiated for 5x his season 1 salary for season 2, who knows how much he wanted for season 3. It wasn’t sustainable. The show suffered for it.
The show needs a fresh start with the actor who was the front runner before Cavill and who was asked by him to continue in his stead, which is exactly what is happening.

Yes, but The Last of Us is HBO, they plug much more money in.
Anyway there’s probably a thread for the Witcher show this could be continued in.

Wrapping it up with an abbreviated movie would be a terrible decision, if people have issue with them deviating from the books then that would just be feeding the vocal critics.

Henry negotiated for 5x his season 1 salary for season 2, who knows how much he wanted for season 3. It wasn’t sustainable. The show suffered for it.
The show needs a fresh start with the actor who was the front runner before Cavill and who was asked by him to continue in his stead, which is exactly what is happening.

Anyway there’s probably a thread for the Witcher show this could be continued in.
Well I won't watch any of it, I hope you and others that do enjoy it.

lol they did just indirectly call their main actress ugly
Wait, are you implying that hiring a conventionally attractive actress for a lead role isn’t “challenging beauty standards”??

This is borderline hilarious. Apparently Cavill and Allan aren’t enough of a challenge to them!

Just… what are you on about? Taking Netflix’s side is ridiculous. Besides, season 3 is the best of the three (only seen first half, though) so I don’t really think the show suffered for Cavill’s supposed asking. That’s reaching.

Anyway, we are veering off topic.

Knowing how bad the series is Henry was the only good thing it had going but regardless of that a better more suitable actor for Geralt is still possible if they cancel the show and the rights go to HBO or a more trustworthy channel. Only person I wanted as Geralt to begin with is Zach Mcgowan.

Just… what are you on about? Taking Netflix’s side is ridiculous. Besides, season 3 is the best of the three (only seen first half, though) so I don’t really think the show suffered for Cavill’s supposed asking. That’s reaching.

Anyway, we are veering off topic.
Not taking Netflix’s side, I’m taking the the side of the rest of the cast and crew, the people who put in a lot of work into the show.

Yes I already said this wasn’t the best thread for this, thanks for adding that.

Knowing how bad the series is Henry was the only good thing it had going but regardless of that a better more suitable actor for Geralt is still possible if they cancel the show and the rights go to HBO or a more trustworthy channel. Only person I wanted as Geralt to begin with is Zach Mcgowan.
Ditto. McGowan is still perfect for the part.

Zach McGowan would have been the PERFECT choice for Geralt. I actually would have been excited for the show, especially if the writers managed to get a kick in the ass from Netflix. McGowan was incredible as Charles Vane in Black Sails - which I have long maintained is the single most underappreciated show ever made. His portrayal of Vane was basically pirate Geralt - strong, brooding, lightly witty, not to be messed with, commanded respect.

I have no idea how they decided Hemsworth was the right call when McGowan is out there. But I guess that's these showrunners for you.

Never heard of Zach McGowan so I can't say 😅
1690495889365.png

This guy.

Zach McGowan would have been the PERFECT choice for Geralt. I actually would have been excited for the show, especially if the writers managed to get a kick in the ass from Netflix. McGowan was incredible as Charles Vane in Black Sails - which I have long maintained is the single most underappreciated show ever made. His portrayal of Vane was basically pirate Geralt - strong, brooding, lightly witty, not to be messed with, commanded respect.

I have no idea how they decided Hemsworth was the right call when McGowan is out there. But I guess that's these showrunners for you.
Loved him in black sails and feel he is the most accurate to Geralts description in the books in terms of body type and face. Contrary to the games or show Geralt is more slim athletic build and has a rough somewhat guant face which McGowan has. Henry is far from the geralt from the books but he still did a good job. I felt he would have been more suited to play Foltest and McGowan as Geralt honestly.

Arrived from TNS in 4 days. Solid release except for the slightly loose ankles. Will throw him on custom base at some point since the freebie base is just as loose as the ankles. In hand the legs look a bit too long but when posed with a cloak next to JXK Roach I think he looks fine.
20230727_181855.jpg

Back