BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the looks of him- just paid so hopefully mine will ship soon!

Ordered from TW when these were originally announced (didn’t know any better at the time) but ultimately cancelled on them and went with kit. they’re still sending two of them for whatever so I guess I’ll end up with three of them lol
Really, you would just keep them and take advantage like that? That's a little sad.

Isn’t it more an issue of the lower legs are too long? a bit like the Gunslinger, when he was kneeling his boots are behind him instead of underneath him.

Seeing Chinese collectors mostly like this figure while the rest of the world almost unanimously agrees it's bad is one of the weirdest things ever since it's usually the other way around lol then I remembered that this figure was bellow $200 and I believe it still is which makes it very cheap in China. Here's a couple of pictures from Chinese collectors.
View attachment 651723
View attachment 651724

It's pretty close to the prototype imo, the only things I'm not liking is the long legs and the buttons on the pants falling out so I asked about the legs and it seems like BuzzToys used the old LIM long pegs, probably to make him feel taller and more menacing which resulted in the more loose connection and long leg look.

I also see similarities between the Hot Toys sculpt, I'm inclined to believe it was used as a base but tweaked and stylized to fit Buzz's style, the lower jaw, mouth, chin, ears, and some other details all seem different to me, overall I dig the sculpt it's not 100% accurate but I can look at it and see Henry as Geralt, to me it looks better than Soosoo's, I wonder if Threezero is going to use a scan of Henry if they do make Witcher figures since they did that with some of the actors in TWD.

Anyway I'm excited and anxious to get mine as it will probably be the only TV Geralt in my collection since I'm really starting to cut back on collecting unless it's video game related, I hope mine has no issues since I don't like messing with my purchased figures but I'm very tempted to change the pegs and see what can be done about the buttons cause in case mine are unglued I do not want to try to glue tiny dots with my clumsy hands on that pants material, recipe for disaster.
I'm in Canada & I think it looks pretty friggin' solid, but I dunno' what inflated expectations so much. I can definitely see how they might have started with a Hot Toys sculpt, but since I don't own any DCEU stuff, it's not something I'll ever be confronted with in my display & I'll probably never think of it again. I think Soosoo's might be a bit better than it appears under what I consider to be somewhat flat & lifeless paint, but I prefer the work here overall. Really the only thing I'm coveting from the other version is the potion belt & he didn't have it in season 1 anyway.

I'm not expecting perfection, but it looks better than the first 1/6 figure from most licensed companies, & by quite a lot in some cases. Some of the younger folks should take a look at some of those other first efforts for some perspective. I was as frustrated by the wait as anyone, but I think surprising us with die cast weapons is a worthy olive branch. All in all, he'll be a good representation of my Cavill-esque headcannon Geralt from the books.

Mildly terrified of reattaching buttons, but I'll cross that bridge if I get to it. LOL

No, I legit think it is a ****** thing to do to anyone, whether or not their system made a mistake. Especially for $400 in merch that they certainly paid a fair amount for.
Normally, I would agree with you. Especially if it were Kit or Giantoy or something.

But considering how many people TW has screwed over through the last several years, I don’t have any issue with Gwynbliedd keeping them. I’d sell them at face value myself.

Either way, it’s not something I’d stress over if TW is getting a taste of their own medicine after stealing money from people regularly.

Normally, I would agree with you. Especially if it were Kit or Giantoy or something.

But considering how many people TW has screwed over through the last several years, I don’t have any issue with Gwynbliedd keeping them. I’d sell them at face value myself.

Either way, it’s not something I’d stress over if TW is getting a taste of their own medicine after stealing money from people regularly.
This is where I am. I’d never do anything to screw over any company, let alone independent companies such as kit or giantoy as I love their services immensely, but as for TW, I did my due diligence with them and cancelled years ago. They’ve only received more criticism and continuously steal from collectors yet don’t try to make amends for their action. We can debate morals all we’d like but when morality crosses over into a boundary that falls more into the black area, rather than grey or white, then there’s no real correct choice.

Off topic,but exclusive fan event where they showed us ep6 just ended and I truly want to express my emotions somewhere. Episode 6 was just phenomenal, while the show has gazillion flaws I blindly enjoy every second of it... Won't spoil anything but lord have mercy! Everyone is doing their 100% !!!
I'm so happy and grateful this figure exists can't really express with words.
Thank you!
Screenshot_20230726_044034_Gallery.jpg

Off topic as well haha. But figured I’d share some quick pics I took from a Ren fair yesterday. (I’m planning on doing a proper photo shoot soon.) I didn’t wear the pauldrons this time since they’re a bit of a pain in the ass to put on hahaha. Also idk why my shirt looks purple it’s black lol
22C907B6-41FE-4BD6-96BC-DE0AE67AEEAD.jpeg

Attachments

• 92D5B74D-A0ED-4455-BC32-208C4924CC8E.jpeg
    92D5B74D-A0ED-4455-BC32-208C4924CC8E.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 66CBEC46-029A-4C69-B7BA-DFE23DEBFC5D.jpeg
    66CBEC46-029A-4C69-B7BA-DFE23DEBFC5D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • B95AE8DC-7DA9-42B0-A66B-38FED589CF02.jpeg
    B95AE8DC-7DA9-42B0-A66B-38FED589CF02.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 02273DB1-2F24-47B8-93CB-DE415D315B89.jpeg
    02273DB1-2F24-47B8-93CB-DE415D315B89.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 5F7E0BB7-0926-4B05-A3A7-95977C86F492.jpeg
    5F7E0BB7-0926-4B05-A3A7-95977C86F492.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Toss a coin to your Witcher. O' valley of plenty!
Image_20230726130354.jpg

Received him today from @Kit Chen in record time of only 5 days and just before the final episodes with Henry are released, somewhat poetic but also sad.

I like him! The normal sculpt is great, love the yellow and orange eyes, I wish the stubble was less visible but doesn't look as dark in person and definitely bears Henry's likeness but somewhat stylized. The toxicity sculpt stays in the box. 😅

Armor and clothes are ok, I understand why they did the shoulder pads the way they did, it allows for a lot of articulation and tbh I had no issue messing and adjusting mine while playing with him. My buttons came stuck on the pants which is a relief! The pleather on the figure and the swords bag feels very thick so I'm guessing it will last for a while, I've asked about the pants and it seems it might be the same material used on Spider-Man suits from Hot Toys. Also the cloak looks great but it does feel like it will need a wash.

The swords are badass and I love the shiny finish, I like the inclusion of the Kikimora leg and the coin purse, it helps set the scene of him coming back from a contract and collecting his pay.

There's a couple of issues I have with mine. The ankle pegs are indeed loose, if you can I recommend replacing them since it could also help with his long legs, he is a tall figure because of them. The ankle pegs wouldn't really bother me since I have other figures with really flimsy ankles if he came with a sturdy base which unfortunately he doesn't, it's a really cheap KO base with a stick that doesn't attach properly, I will be looking on eBay for a custom base but for now I've properly secured the stick with some tack as well as his ankles which really helps.

Aside from those two things I'm happy with the figure, it will be interesting to see how it compares with SooSoo's since theirs will probably use a bigger and more muscular Worldbox body so he might look even bigger than this one.

Here's a few more pics, I'll miss Henry in the role but I won't miss the show.
Image_20230726130155.jpg

455.jpg

Image_20230726130234.jpg

Image_20230726130253.jpg

Last edited:
Toss a coin to your Witcher. O' valley of plenty!
View attachment 651945
Received him today from @Kit Chen in record time of only 5 days and just before the final episodes with Henry are released, somewhat poetic but also sad. 😅

I like him! The normal sculpt is great, love the yellow and orange eyes, I wish the stubble was less visible but doesn't look as dark in person and definitely bears Henry's likeness but somewhat stylized. The toxicity sculpt stay in the box lol.

Armor and clothes are ok, I understand why they did the shoulder pads the way they did, it allows for a lot of articulation and tbh I had no issue messing and adjusting mine while playing with him. My buttons came stuck on the pants which is a relief! The pleather on the figure and the swords bag feels very thick so I'm guessing it will last for a while, I've asked about the pants and it seems it might be the same material used on Spider-Man suits from Hot Toys. Also the cloak looks great but it does feel like it will need a wash.

The swords are badass and I love the shiny finish, I like the inclusion of the Kikimora leg and the coin purse, it helps set the scene of him coming back from a contract and collecting his pay.

There's a couple of issues I have with mine. The ankle pegs are indeed loose, if you can I recommend replacing them since it could also help with his long legs, he is a tall figure because of them. The ankle pegs wouldn't really bother me since I have other figures with really flimsy ankles if he came with a sturdy base which unfortunately he doesn't, it's a really cheap KO base with a stick that doesn't attach properly, I will be looking on eBay for a custom base but for now I've properly secured the stick with some tack as well as his ankles which really helps.

Aside from those two things I'm happy with the figure, it will be interesting to see how it compares with SooSoo's since theirs will probably use a bigger and more muscular Worldbox body so he might look even bigger than this one.

Here's a few more pics, I'll miss Henry in the role but I won't miss the show.
View attachment 651946
View attachment 651947
View attachment 651948
View attachment 651949
Amazing shots! Thanks for the review Sir!
Figure looks so good, listed issues doesn't really bother me. MT Geralt's boots and gloves keep falling down but I never complained about that. lol I'm someone who cares more about the overall appearance than about articulation. Mostly I keep my figures in a museum poses so loose joints doesn't really bother me. Hot Toys did the same thing with Man of Steel figure they used longer ankle pegs that's why he is taller than average 1/6 figures, personally I love the idea of Geralt being taller than others, so not going to change anything with him. :monkey3

P.S. With one look Soo Soo one looks thicker but he might be shorter than this one. They are so different from each other... which is a good thing imo. Lets see what Threezero offers us as, they posted Witcher trailer on FB, which means they got the license. Excited!

Last edited:
Ok i just watched another review and it seems like there's velcro on his shirt for the armor.
That means it's not possible to do his casual look.

Let's hope the SooSootoys version comes with a good and accurate shirt.

Amazing shots! Thanks for the review Sir!
Figure looks so good, listed issues doesn't really bother me. MT Geralt's boots and gloves keep falling down but I never complained about that. lol I'm someone who cares more about the overall appearance than about articulation. Mostly I keep my figures in a museum poses so loose joints doesn't really bother me. Hot Toys did the same thing with Man of Steel figure they used longer ankle pegs that's why he is taller than average 1/6 figures, personally I love the idea of Geralt being taller than others, so not going to change anything with him. :monkey3

P.S. With one look Soo Soo one looks thicker but he might be shorter than this one. They are so different from each other... which is a good thing imo. Lets see what Threezero offers us as, they posted Witcher trailer on FB, which means they got the license. Excited!
Funny how Geralt figures are only coming out AFTER Henry left lol but yes I am curious to see if Threezero have him in the works and since Hot Toys is starting to go all out in the recent past with their licenses I could see them getting the Witcher license too for an "Artisan" Geralt.
Ok i just watched another review and it seems like there's velcro on his shirt for the armor.

What review? I wanted to remove the armor to try and pull the shirt down but don't know how.
Also I'm not sure why people expected the shirt look when it was never advertised, I know there was a third party brand who teased the shirt look ages ago but nothing came of it. I'm willing to bet Threezero is more likely to cover that look if they indeed have the license.

Last edited:

I didn't expect this outfit to offer the separated shirt, into "recreating" I meant if the body gave me an opportunity for that, as I truly love the body proportions and if it has a skin color and painted chest, recreating casual outfit is pretty manageable.

P.S. seems Soo Soo shirt is a separated piece, also has some embroidered pattern which looks pretty fancy. So we gonna have an options. If Threezero truly got the license they might release the figure in that casual outfit, he wears that look basically all the time in S3.

@R_R_X
Hot Toys got so many unusual licenses recently, I wouldn't be surprised. That would be pretty cool.

Funny how Geralt figures are only coming out AFTER Henry left lol but yes I am curious to see if Threezero have him in the works and since Hot Toys is starting to go all out in the recent past with their licenses I could see them getting the Witcher license too for an "Artisan" Geralt.

What review? I wanted to remove the armor to try and pull the shirt down but don't know how.
Also I'm not sure why people expected the shirt look when it was never advertised, I know there was a third party brand who teased the shirt look ages ago but nothing came of it. I'm willing to bet Threezero is more likely to cover that look if they indeed have the license.

He doesn't take the armor off but i noticed the velcro underneath.

I'll try to undress him and look into that when I come back home from holidays in August.

He doesn't take the armor off but i noticed the velcro underneath.

I'll try to undress him and look into that when I come back home from holidays in August.

I don't think that's velcro. Looks like pleather from the neck area extends that far.

Back