BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow he looks pretty dope when he's posed and next to the MT figures ❤️
He does! Poses look natural and badass!
Need this on my shelf!
WitcherCon-0cae2e41.jpg

So I received mine yesterday. Overall it’s a cool figure, but the portrait is…interesting.

And the video above kind of confirms my suspicions.

I don’t think it’s an entirely new sculpt, in the sense that the sculptor didn’t sculpt it from scratch. I believe it’s a rework of HT cavill portrait. There are waaaay too many similarities.

Before some throw me into the corner and give me a prison pounding, observe the side by side some more.

“its the same actor, of course it’ll look similar”

Well, yeah, but the HT sculpt was off to begin with and this Geralt features the same basic structure along with its flaws.

If you own HT superman, the 3rd party superman portrait AND geralt, I urge you to compare them all…I think the results will speak for themselves.

I don’t have the time to do the comparisons at the moment, but when I do, I’ll be sure to show it here.

It’s not the worst thing to rework an existing sculpt…but like I said before, the HT sculpt was off to begin with and to see BT use THAT portrait as a base is really disappointing.

So I received mine yesterday. Overall it’s a cool figure, but the portrait is…interesting.

And the video above kind of confirms my suspicions.

I don’t think it’s an entirely new sculpt, in the sense that the sculptor didn’t sculpt it from scratch. I believe it’s a rework of HT cavill portrait. There are waaaay too many similarities.

Before some throw me into the corner and give me a prison pounding, observe the side by side some more.

“its the same actor, of course it’ll look similar”

Well, yeah, but the HT sculpt was off to begin with and this Geralt features the same basic structure along with its flaws.

If you own HT superman, the 3rd party superman portrait AND geralt, I urge you to compare them all…I think the results will speak for themselves.

I don’t have the time to do the comparisons at the moment, but when I do, I’ll be sure to show it here.

It’s not the worst thing to rework an existing sculpt…but like I said before, the HT sculpt was off to begin with and to see BT use THAT portrait as a base is really disappointing.
I don't think it's a reworked sculpt,bc HT BvS sculpt has lot of features off while Buzztoys Geralt did it right. And yes, it's the same actor how it could be too different? Buzztoys portrait is also more stylized than hyper realistic, which I love very much, I'm always open to fancy artistic choices. He compliments game Geralt very well, who hasn't 100% realistic appearance either. Can't wait to put them together! :monkey3

Seeing Chinese collectors mostly like this figure while the rest of the world almost unanimously agrees it's bad is one of the weirdest things ever since it's usually the other way around lol then I remembered that this figure was bellow $200 and I believe it still is which makes it very cheap in China. Here's a couple of pictures from Chinese collectors.
1690299758149.png

1690299771736.png

It's pretty close to the prototype imo, the only things I'm not liking is the long legs and the buttons on the pants falling out so I asked about the legs and it seems like BuzzToys used the old LIM long pegs, probably to make him feel taller and more menacing which resulted in the more loose connection and long leg look.

I also see similarities between the Hot Toys sculpt, I'm inclined to believe it was used as a base but tweaked and stylized to fit Buzz's style, the lower jaw, mouth, chin, ears, and some other details all seem different to me, overall I dig the sculpt it's not 100% accurate but I can look at it and see Henry as Geralt, to me it looks better than Soosoo's, I wonder if Threezero is going to use a scan of Henry if they do make Witcher figures since they did that with some of the actors in TWD.

Anyway I'm excited and anxious to get mine as it will probably be the only TV Geralt in my collection since I'm really starting to cut back on collecting unless it's video game related, I hope mine has no issues since I don't like messing with my purchased figures but I'm very tempted to change the pegs and see what can be done about the buttons cause in case mine are unglued I do not want to try to glue tiny dots with my clumsy hands on that pants material, recipe for disaster.

Seeing Chinese collectors mostly like this figure while the rest of the world almost unanimously agrees it's bad is one of the weirdest things ever since it's usually the other way around lol then I remembered that this figure was bellow $200 and I believe it still is which makes it very cheap in China. Here's a couple of pictures from Chinese collectors.
View attachment 651723
View attachment 651724

It's pretty close to the prototype imo, the only things I'm not liking is the long legs and the buttons on the pants falling out so I asked about the legs and it seems like BuzzToys used the old LIM long pegs, probably to make him feel taller and more menacing which resulted in the more loose connection and long leg look.

I also see similarities between the Hot Toys sculpt, I'm inclined to believe it was used as a base but tweaked and stylized to fit Buzz's style, the lower jaw, mouth, chin, ears, and some other details all seem different to me, overall I dig the sculpt it's not 100% accurate but I can look at it and see Henry as Geralt, to me it looks better than Soosoo's, I wonder if Threezero is going to use a scan of Henry if they do make Witcher figures since they did that with some of the actors in TWD.

Anyway I'm excited and anxious to get mine as it will probably be the only TV Geralt in my collection since I'm really starting to cut back on collecting unless it's video game related, I hope mine has no issues since I don't like messing with my purchased figures but I'm very tempted to change the pegs and see what can be done about the buttons cause in case mine are unglued I do not want to try to glue tiny dots with my clumsy hands on that pants material, recipe for disaster.
I think you do bring a good point this figure was below $200 not only that but BuzzToys first figure so i think people should take that within consideration when they critique this. It’s not hot toys quality so bare that I’m mind. Of course criticism is perfectly fine & if this piece isn’t up to what you’re hoping for that’s okay! For this looks amazing despite the minor flaws 🤘🏻

Mine should be here tomorrow! Cannot believe we are finally getting this in hand. Seeing all these photos is great. From what I’ve seen I think you cannot complain for the price. I look forward to comparing with Soosoo’s version

View attachment 651723
View attachment 651724

I’m in the camp that is ecstatic to own this Cavill Geralt 1/6 figure that, for all intents and purposes, is a damned fine figure on its own merits. I’m just being nit picky with the portrait. It’s not ‘bad’…but it could’ve been much better.

And wait…TZ are gonna make Witcher figures??

I’m in the camp that is ecstatic to own this Cavill Geralt 1/6 figure that, for all intents and purposes, is a damned fine figure on its own merits. I’m just being nit picky with the portrait. It’s not ‘bad’…but it could’ve been much better.

They teased the Netflix Witcher 3 trailer in their IG page I think. But they didnt say or confirm they were doing anything.

The reposted the trailer over on their Facebook page. From my knowledge they only do that when they have license to produce said show figures. I feel like they will wait until after season 3 is fully finished to show stuff off

The reposted the trailer over on their Facebook page. From my knowledge they only do that when they have license to produce said show figures. I feel like they will wait until after season 3 is fully finished to show stuff off

I am giddy like a school girl 😅😅😅

Bring on all the Witcher merch!!

Love long legs too. Henry has long legs, so body proportions look pretty accurate.Still curious to see the actual body as I truly want to recreate his casual look

Best solution is changing the pegs which is what I'll do and they have to be correct in size so they don't remove the height completely. Might do a body swap depending how I feel about the body.

Back