Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep and in comparison mine just looks plain BAD.

Seriously though, I prefer mine to have good articulation - I find the rubber arms like on Drake to be rather frustrating cos they arent as poseable.

Well, the "arm sleeves" aren't really like the ones on Drake, in case you didn't already know... Vas still has her skinny arms inside the rubber sleeves, which just slip over them. They still have plenty of articulation, but they do tend to bunch up when you bend the arms. Padding the arms and shrinking the rubber helps, though. Not a perfect solution, but a definite improvement over the skinny arms HT gave her!

Well, the "arm sleeves" aren't really like the ones on Drake, in case you didn't already know... Vas still has her skinny arms inside the rubber sleeves, which just slip over them.
Oh I see. I didnt realise that!

where were the pics and stuff of the cheong arm sleeves again.
Any info on how this was all done too would be great. I am gonna have to do this. :rock

where were the pics and stuff of the cheong arm sleeves again.
Any info on how this was all done too would be great. I am gonna have to do this. :rock

I have an extra pair of arm sleeves but they aren't Cheong's. They would need to have the hands snipped off and they have an upper arm tattoo that would need to be covered or removed as well. Email me if interested.

is it difficult to do or do they simply slip on ?.

I have some of those "Cheong" sleeves on my Vasquez too! It makes a HUGE improvement, and gives her more of the buff look she had in ALIENS. I sprinkled a little baby powder on the inside of them, and they easily slipped on over her scrawny, skinny Hot Toys arms. :D

GO to this site and if you click hero head sit will take you to the sale of the heads , but there is also the option to email the owner ( lonnie ) ask if he will ship to you because he might not. The best way around it would to ask Les if he would paint one , get Lonnie to send it to him then Les does his magic and sends it to you.
Hope I have helped a little man , the apone head by Lonnie rocks :rock

https://h2creative.com/Mainh2.html

Just quoting you so It'll be easier for me to find the link later. Since les is unavailable for now, is there anybody else who's customized this head for other people?

yep, painted, sorry. And its funny since I'm actually buying a Hudson from him and he's detailing the helmet. It never crossed my mind to just ask him:lol

And Aliens was actually the only one I ever saw before coming here and it wasn't until last week when I bought the Quadrilogy that I've been able to finally get up to date on the Aliens franchise. Can't believe I've been missing out for all these years. They're so much fun to watch

yep, painted, sorry. And its funny since I'm actually buying a Hudson from him and he's detailing the helmet. It never crossed my mind to just ask him:lol

And Aliens was actually the only one I ever saw before coming here and it wasn't until last week when I bought the Quadrilogy that I've been able to finally get up to date on the Aliens franchise. Can't believe I've been missing out for all these years. They're so much fun to watch

ahh right. Glad you chose aliens out of the set. :D:monkey3
Yeah , DA's painting a Vasquez and Ripley for me at the minute too , his work rocks. :rock

Last edited:
Jeez I had no idea the marines had so many inaccuracies. I'm surprised no company ever seems to have fans working with them who are as obsessive as you guys (ah, no offense!) that are willing and able to get all this stuff right. McFarlane left out a few things on their Hicks figure too.

A couple of pics of my most recent acquisition - a repainted Frontline Apone head!!

DSCF4084.jpg

DSCF4085.jpg

And some pics of the brilliant Les repaints!!

Marines004.jpg

Marines005.jpg

Marines008.jpg

And one of the group - Hudson is still in limbo, but should be complete very soon.

Marines.jpg

this needs quoting just because the photos are bad ass. :D

wow great thread. does anyone have any custom heads of vasquez for sale? or a full custom figure with those cheong arms for sale? good stuff.

I missed out on the whole Marine line when it came out :monkey2 Got a Hudson on the way from ebay though :banana

(edit) and no it aint that knockoff ^^

Last edited:
FYI - there's another Hudson knockoff on Ebay. I only mention it because USCM stuff is so rare.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=360094870567
That is superb!!! I already have Hudson but might buy this to convert it into Apone and get the Frontline head to complete my line-up. I never knew these knock-offs existed, do you know what I should type in when looking for them? I was hoping to find a black one in the same uniform to be Apone though I could buy this one and just roll the sleeves down like he has them in the movie and I have spare black hands already. Does anyone know if HT hands will fit on BBI arms? I'd probably buy a cap for him but not bother with armour and weapons as they're too Goddamn expensive unless I spot them cheap.

Where was this thread, man? I typed the keywords into the search and it came up with zilch?? :confused:

Last edited:
Back