Building your MARINES - CORRECTLY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, it's a pouch on his belt with some electronic gizmo's for bypassing locks, etc. Sorry, I forgot it wasn't on the figure, was going by 1/1 costuming.

Here's mine, based on Hudson's

Hollisgearfront.jpg

Interior of the pouch-

HollisElectronicpouch.jpg

This isn't Hudson's, but it's as close as we were able to make it. Plus, we added some to it to make it a bit cooler... :D

:eek impressive amazing

exatly what i was talking...

May want to ask DBoz if he has any more iron on transfers...

DSC05760.jpg

yes i would, i want the same shirt, where i can find the shirt drake have in this pics ? i've try on war-toys but the colors don't match exatly, at the end i'll try a simple dirt white shirt if i cannot find one more accurate

p.s. the remake of this scene is awesome!

Just had to show you guys this. It was in Glasgow last August. Never mind the kid but it seems as though "Sweetchuck" from Police Academy had signed up for the USCM! I wonder if "Zed" has followed his lead. Ahh, the risks people take when posting up pics of themselevs on the internet.

takeaim.jpg

This is my first ever attempt at a re-paint. Drake was my first victim - I did the hair yellow and then dry-brushed it with a paler yellow and did his eyes blue and put a bit of colour into the lips. I also scratched off his sideburns and moustache. I didn't paint over the flesh cos I wanted to keep his skin tone matching to the rest of his body.

You can see where I scrathed away his bogus hair so I guess I really should paint it over but just cant get the right colour and dont wanna re-paint the whole of his face for fear of just not making it look good and too different to the rest of his body.

T-800.jpg

Looks pretty good to me! :D Great job! I had trouble matching his skintone, since I DID paint over the nappy goatee and sideburns. But I ended up painting his entire torso and head a lighter skintone, so it worked out okay. Once again...good job!

See a picture of my repainted Drake in my signature image below.

Last edited:
Hey guys , so my Vasquez just arrived and I hate those arms !!!.
WTF !.
Does anyone know where I can pick up one of the bodys some of you guys are using ?
Any help would be great , Tay.

Hey guys , so my Vasquez just arrived and I hate those arms !!!..
I painted the face, neck and arms to make her look more "Latino" (sorry if that's the wrong term). Still no that muscular but better than before and I dont mind it. Will post pics soon.

I first did a re-paint of her head using several layers of flesh-wash - this made it considerabley darker than her arms so I re-painted those the same way. Unfortuanlety there are paint cracks around her throat and varnish doesnt seem to help enough - I guess I should have watered the paint down so it wasnt so thick. Also the paint on the arms could have been better, but hey, I'm new at this $hlt!!! The head-set is Terminator Reese's. I don't have a black holster strap thing for her pistol.

I call this look, "Hudson may be right..."

Vasquez006.jpg

Vasquez010.jpg

Vasquez009.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys , so my Vasquez just arrived and I hate those arms !!!.
WTF !.
Does anyone know where I can pick up one of the bodys some of you guys are using ?
Any help would be great , Tay.

If you want to get Vas some Cheong arm sleeves then give this place a try. Just scroll down the menu on the left till you come to the "SearchByType" list, then select "Nude". You'll find Cheong on pg. 2 @ $9.95 for the whole figure. They don't sell just the sleeves anymore, but for the Vas upgrade I think it's worth it. If you decide to go for it, let us know and somebody can repost Wor-Gar's arm sleeve preparation formula for you. :D

https://www.war-toys.com/

Uscmhicks, when you get the arm sleeves, i'd highly recommend you make a little arm band to cover up the wrinkles that the arm band makes in the elbows. I made mine out of an old black tshirt. Here is an example:

pics-057.jpg

Hey, great to see that pic of Vas again, Reiny! Lookin' absolutely BADASS, and ready to lay down some suppressing fire. Yep, the arm sleeves are a must for this figure, no doubt about it!

Hey, great to see that pic of Vas again, Reiny! Lookin' absolutely BADASS,
Yep and in comparison mine just looks plain BAD.

Seriously though, I prefer mine to have good articulation - I find the rubber arms like on Drake to be rather frustrating cos they arent as poseable.

Back