Buffy PF Alternate Version!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one wouldnt have got this even if its clothes were right,because its still the same pf under the clothes.Really its just a pf for those who missed the first but I would rather Sideshow give them something nicer with a new top and better pants.And I dont really like the hair on the new one and im betting it has the lazy eye issue on some.

For me the orignal is more "Buffy".Its from the first promos,the first season and it looks hot but hey that pic of buffy in the mini is my fav pic of her ever.And mine had no lazy eye so it was only some!

Im glad that those are getting it,like it though!

Eli26 said:
this is why DST annoys me. They come out with 10 different versions of the same character, instead of giving us whole new characters. Yes it's cheaper to produce figures of the same sculpt, but I like many others don't want the same character shoved down our throats like that.

I have to disagree with you about that, Eli. I usually complain about quality and scale problems in the DST line, but I love collecting those figures. DST has always produced many variants of a character, and they have still some important ones to do, like Gunn, I agree. But see, they made all the core characters from "Buffy", including Anya, Tara and Dawn, and they didn't use the same face sculpt for all the variants. There are two Dawn sculpts for instance, and two Anyas as well. As for Willow, you have three different head sculpt in the same line. They have made Glory, Wesley, Buffybot, illyria, Human Darla and Drusilla, DB Wood, Kennedy, and more that won't ever be released by Sideshow. I love the variants, having representations of many episodes in one character is a nice thing imo. They not only have given us almost every important character in the Buffyverse, and a bunch of other characters, but also the opportunity of choosing among a wide variety of episode specific and iconic representations of each one. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Sorry to change the topic with this.

olvidadero said:
Sorry to change the topic with this.

Don't worry, I'll change it back! ;-P

I thought I would have calmed down a bit after nearly a day, but I'm just as ticked off as I was last night! :rotfl

Let's say Sideshow came to one of us and said "We're going to re-release the Buffy PF. We've got the ability to change the hair and the outfit, but there are limitations including we can't change the pose, any ideas?"

Is there anyone of us that couldn't have come up with a better PF? Where's the creativity?

Though I still like my DoubleMeat Palace, what about a Prophecy Girl Buffy PF using this pose?

The dress would have been a relatively simple piece to make and easilyl able to fit over the current body sculpt with the added benefit of doing a good job of covering up the fact that the pose was the same leading to tempting more people to get the 2nd that already had #1. Give her an arrow(bolt) for the "spike hand" and a crossbow to sit on the ground and you sell many times the amount that will sell of "New Pants Buffy" IMHO anyway.

Sorry for ranting it's just that AARRRRGGGHHHH, it's frustrating to think of what Sideshow could have done vs. what they offering.

A Prophecy Girl Buffy would have rocked...much better than this generic Buffy (which I ordered regardless). In order to make PG Buffy, they would have had to have sculpted new shoes, too, though (not that doing so would have been difficult).

I love the idea of a PF PG Buffy. I agree, there must be like 5.546 better ideas than "New Pants Buffy" as you well put it.

I wouldn't even mind the pants so much but jeez, couldn't they do a proper top (shirt) not just 1/2 of the old dress...?!?!?
They are asking $250 for basically what is an alternate version of the first statue. How much could it cost them to get a proper shirt made..?!?!

Last edited:
If I collected the PF figures I would be pretty disgusted, to be honest. The hair makes the sculpt look so much better, but everything else is 'blah'. The top is basically the dress with the skirt cut off. The pants aren't accurate if they were going for the look of her in the red pants and black sleeveshirt in the promo pic.

It just seems like a poor attempt all the way around.

I wrote Sideshow about Buffy's eyebrows, and I encourage other people to do the same. Someone on BtVSFigs made this image.

pfbuffyvj5.jpg

BillyBudd said:
I wrote Sideshow about Buffy's eyebrows, and I encourage other people to do the same. Someone on BtVSFigs made this image.

pfbuffyvj5.jpg

NOW THAT LOOKS A HUNDRED TIMES BETTER AND BLOWS AWAY ANYTHING SMG RELATED EVER RELEASED! If SideShow can do that, and give her a much improved and episode specific outfit I just maybe persuaded to take on another Buffy PF!!!

Yeah, the eyebrows should be thinner. I made a thread about it. I think this is a problem that could actually be fixed in time for the release of the final product.

Last edited:
Seeing as how the mold already exists for the body any edition size of this really isnt an indication of how confident they are in the line. More how confident they are that people who complained about the original will buy a re-hash. I would assume the profit margin on these is higher then the original PF.

850 Edition size.:confused: :confused: ..Well there is one more added to the pot. I am cancelling mine....I liked the sculpt but, I am not gonna pay $250 USD plus shipping, about another $150, for this statue with THAT many being made....WAY to high in my opinion, especially since most on this board are saying they hate it...(and therefore I deduce, not buying one..), so that means over-supply, and the price on this will go..DOWN

Unless this has been more popular than most thought??

I would only consider getting this if the price was good. And that would have to be lower then what I paid for my first Buffy PF. I wiated on that one and I paid under retail so I'll wait and see how this one does on the secondary market.

Wow, 850!! That means I can wait. I'm not dying to have her, but since it's a Sideshow Buffy product and I already have almost every piece in the collection, I would feel bad for not having her. However, with this high edition size, I have the guarantee that its price won't increase very much. I'll get her as soon as I can afford it. So far, I am extremely happy with my first PF Buffy.

Back