Buffy PF Alternate Version!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reprising his comments from his interview in Buffy and Angel Magazine, in the March 22nd edition of Sideshow Radio, Operations Manager Brant Bridges stated:

Yeah, the Premium Format line is gonna continue. We debuted the Buffy in her red and black outfit at Toy Fair, and it's been really well received. And then we've announced that an Angel figure will join the line-up, and we hope that the line goes on indefinitely. It just depends on how folks respond to the big three.
An Es of 850 does seem like a lot, especially for a self-described "Alternate Edition."

Perhaps the plan is to have a PF Buffy available short-term to support characters like Spike and Angel, while Sideshow assesses the value of continuing the line "indefinitely."

:dunno

Either that or they are making the same mistakes they did with the 12" line FF. Too many core charactor representations. ES of 850 - I think we're going to see this one in stock for a loooooong time. I see spooktacular banners in Alternate Buffy's future.

I left a comment on the comments for march 22nd newsletter posted about how Buffy's eyebrows need fixing or i'll have to cancel my order. Anyway Sideshow haven't even approved it which has made me angry because it wasn't anything nasty

I'm a little surprised as well at the edition size. I expected it to be less. That being said, since it's not exclusive, I'll probably order through a retailer to save some $$ and I'll sell the current Buffy since I don't really want two as I like the new one better.

I really want this version of the statue, hoping minor kinks will be worked out (ie. the caterpillar eyebrows in the proto pics). I'm waiting to see what the final product looks like before I order this. I missed out the first time with the 1st Buffy PF and saw it available at a local comic shop (but passed to see how this one will eventually look). With the size of the run posted, I feel that I can wait things out...

the edition size definatley makes it easier to wait and see. Alot of people could start selling off thier original Buffy PF's and then anyone wanting that one could be able to get it cheaper. Or the majoroty of people will pass on this one and its price will be lower and easier for anyone who wants this one to pick it up.

Serpentor said:
the edition size definatley makes it easier to wait and see. Alot of people could start selling off thier original Buffy PF's and then anyone wanting that one could be able to get it cheaper. Or the majoroty of people will pass on this one and its price will be lower and easier for anyone who wants this one to pick it up.

Oh, I hope people don't give up on their first PF Buffy... she's great. I still love mine, it's still her the last thing I look at before going to bed. :lol :lol

overall, the original is better IMHO.
If I had to choose between the two, I would still pick the original. The alternate version to me is just a cheap, half-ass way to cash in with very little extra work. Ponytail but 80's era eyebrows and a CRAP outfit.
Sideshow oughta be ashamed.

Yep. I just looked at the photos again after not seeing it for awhile.
She looks like Groucho Marx. Ridiculous...

One more thought: A 250$ rehashed baggy pants thick eyebrowed Buffy gets an ES of 850!! pieces. What makes Sideshow think a new 1:6 Buffy (Chosen, Gift, Buffybot...) wouldn't sell well and make the line recover its spark?

indeed. I'd be interested in an accurate Buffy from "The Gift" as that ep/ meant ALOT. This current one with an outfit that never existed on the show, with crazy wrong eyebrows? nope.

I'm more than surprised, I'm shocked (in a positive way). Sideshow keeps getting signals of the support that fans have for the line. Please keep it going...

I'm totally shocked, I thought she would have lasted for years. But I guess it's good, maybe they'll make a new Buffy that actually wears a costume from the show now.

I'm happy for you diehard Buffy fans with this PF selling out!! Hopefully this will give Sideshow a good sign that the line needs to continue.

Back