Buffy PF Alternate Version!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't this not going up until tomorrow?

Monday 12th Feb:
WoW Announcement
Aliens Feature
Marvel Pre-Order
Musician Pre-Order
Medicom Pre-Orders
Electric Tiki Pre-Orders
Ask Sideshow

Tuesday 13th Feb:
Legend Feature
Darth Maul Pre-Order
Buffy Pre-Order
Monsters Pre-Order
Aliens Pre-Order
Medicom Pre-Orders
T2 Pre-Order
Ask Sideshow

Wednesday 14th Feb:
LOTR Pre-Order
Star Wars Pre-Order
Marvel Pre-Order
Medicom Pre-Orders
Hot Toy Pre-Order
Electric Tiki Pre-Orders
Ask Sideshow
Star Wars Announcement

If they improve the eye brows, costume, and add earrings to the piece I would be for getting it. Either wise, the original is much better IMO and more accurate to its promo shot, vs. this piece which isn't accurate to anything. lol

JMO but the following needs to be amended:

Pants tighter fit and more like leather
Top pulled over top of pants
Her right arm repositioned to differ from previous release

Eli26 said:
...improve the eye brows and add earrings to the piece...
Bullseye said:

All of these things would be great changes, and all could easily be achieved, but can the be achieved by a Q2 shipping schedule?

Bullseye said:

I agree. I actually think a different shirt should be used (one in promo pic would be excellent substitute). Unfortunately, given the proximity of release, I doubt any changes will be made.

I'm just speculating here, but in terms of likelihood...

tigher pants - wouldn't be surprised to see it happen
different shirt - highly doubtful
different pose - snowball's chance in hell

Eli26 said:
If they improve the eye brows, costume, and add earrings to the piece I would be for getting it. Either wise, the original is much better IMO and more accurate to its promo shot, vs. this piece which isn't accurate to anything. lol

Yeah, this piece looks more like a good custom.

Bullseye said:

I agree. I actually think a different shirt should be used (one in promo pic would be excellent substitute; belt would probably need to be removed to decrease bulkiness of top of pants). Unfortunately, given the proximity of release, I doubt any changes will be made.

I'm just speculating here, but in terms of likelihood...

tigher pants - wouldn't be surprised to see it happen
different shirt - highly doubtful
different pose - snowball's chance in hell

Sure, the clothes might not be totally accurate to any one episode, but I think the hair style choice makes the piece feel overall more "character" accurate. Besides, it actually looks more like hair this time... not some Dairy Queen soft serve confection. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Furthermore, I've never been a fan of those Buffy promo shots (she only really looks like that IN those shots) and I was disappointed that Sideshow decided used them as a base for the first PF.

Just hope they fix that lazy eye this time. If they do they will have a home run on their hands. :D

I suspect that the edition size will be rather small. :eek:

So the hair doesn't really go with the outfit in the promo shot that this figure ALMOST matches - anyone got an screen cap of that show's this hair style?

Perhaps I can have a completely different outfit created to make buying this piece worthwhile.

I wonder if this will only be available directly through Sideshow. If so, I think the edition size will be somewhere between 200-350. If retailers are carrying this, too, I hope that the Sideshow exclusive (assuming there is one) will have the "Mr. Pointy" stake.

I also hope that they tighten up the pants and fix the shirt, but I can live with it if they don't.

I'll be looking to pre order tomorrow. :bouncin

Well with the shirt issue, if we cant get a new one it isnt hard to just untuck the shirt and put it over the belt. It could look great if it was done well.

Why is it so difficult to paint "blonde"? It always comes out yellow and it just doesn't look like yellow at all. Just by looking at any pic of SMG as Buffy you can tell that yellow is just plain wrong. Why can't Sideshow (and others) get this color right? :confused:

the first PF Buffy is closer but it also came out muddy and flat. We can send someone to to moon, surely someone can find a way to paint blond hair on a statue.

While there is room for improvement, I think it looks quite good...

71572_press01-001.jpg

71572_press02-001.jpg

I already had my mind made up about this, but after seeing the site pictures I can say officially that I won't get this PF Buffy unless I earn an important sum of money in the near future. It doesn't look bad, but I prefer my original PF Buffy.

Back