Buffy and Angel 12" lines on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Protozaius said:
The Lost Four??? :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I read awhile back in the Buffy magazine that Sideshow was exploring clothing options for Illyria. Was she one of those four? :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Perhaps none of them ever went far enough in the production pipeline to be released. But perhaps there is still hope that the Angel line (not Buffy) is in fact on hiatus.

Well, I really can't tell you who they were going to be because I promised my source that I wouldn't tell anyone. I will say that two were for the Angel line and two for the Buffy line. And when he told me he had known what Vamp Buffy and D'Hoffryn looked like months before they were announced. He even mentioned D'Hoffryn having a brown robe.

And I will tell you that none of them were Illyria. I wouldn't be surprised if they are continuing with the PF figures that Illyria would be one of them. I know that there was some mention awhile back in one of the "Ask Sideshow" threads that they thought trying to do Illyria in 1/6 scale would be too difficult which, to me, hinted that maybe they'd do her in the PF scale.

Sideshow have a history of starting figures but cancelling them if the projected sales volumes don't match targets. The Viking in the "live by the sword line" being a classic example. It would be cool to find out if there are existing sculpts of Wes, Gunn etc and whether there was any way we could get hold of them.
I would be prepared to pay well over the odds to complete my collection.

Are you listening Sideshow?

thamesvalidude said:
Sideshow have a history of starting figures but cancelling them if the projected sales volumes don't match targets. The Viking in the "live by the sword line" being a classic example. It would be cool to find out if there are existing sculpts of Wes, Gunn etc and whether there was any way we could get hold of them.
I would be prepared to pay well over the odds to complete my collection.

Are you listening Sideshow?

I'd be in for it. Unfortunately I doubt SSC would release them but you never know.

Am I the only one who thinks the Hasbro Mace looks alot like Gunn ?

I know whats gonna happen. There's going to be alot of really cool customs that get done, including abstracts commission idea, we'll get Wes, Fred, Gunn, Tara and Anya (Dawn is iffy) and then SSC will resurrect the line begining with Wes, Gunn, Fred, Tara and Anya.

Firefly Flanatic said:
Well, I really can't tell you who they were going to be because I promised my source that I wouldn't tell anyone. I will say that two were for the Angel line and two for the Buffy line. And when he told me he had known what Vamp Buffy and D'Hoffryn looked like months before they were announced. He even mentioned D'Hoffryn having a brown robe.

And I will tell you that none of them were Illyria. I wouldn't be surprised if they are continuing with the PF figures that Illyria would be one of them. I know that there was some mention awhile back in one of the "Ask Sideshow" threads that they thought trying to do Illyria in 1/6 scale would be too difficult which, to me, hinted that maybe they'd do her in the PF scale.

I appreciate your position... I wasn't exactly asking you directly IF one of the four were Illyria. The question was meant to be purely rhetorical. So much for me being subtle in my postings. :rolleyes:

Sincerely, I wasn't trying to "monkey wrench" anything out of you. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Though I am a bit envious... I would love to have somebody on the inside feeding me bits of information. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

It seems to take forever for any real "official" announcements. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Can SS even do PFs of characters from Angel? I would assume they only have the liscence for BTVS characters, which would mean no Illyria PF.

They can do PFs from the show Angel. They'll probably bill the Angel PF as being from "Angel."

Protozaius said:
FrankenFan, you always had some of the best banners on the Freak board... gently "suggesting" what should be in the next release in the Buffy line. It is sad indeed that the majority of them never became a reality.

I was hoping in light of line's demise, if I could ask you to run all of those banners one last time (that is IF he haven't deleted them already) and post them in this thread.

It would be much appreciated, FF!
Thanks for noticing, Protozaius!

In order to keep this thread on track, I've created a new thread, and posted all of the Buffy and Angel banners, there.

Firefly Flanatic said:
I also had someone who was giving me early news on what the upcoming releases were.
Hey, Firefly Flanatic! You're not getting off that easy...

whtdyknwxz2.jpg

Is "Vampire Stake" at BtVSFigs board your source?

Im guessing it was Wes and Fred in the works for Angel with a new Buffy and a new human Spike for the BTVS line... Bah! I bet those Buffy and spike figures wouldve sold really well and probaly breathed alot of life into the line.

Season 7 buffy and spike would have been great. It would have been better if they released a spike with alternate heads as well. A well done Buffy or Spike would have definatley given the line a good boost.

Serpentor said:
Season 7 buffy and spike would have been great. It would have been better if they released a spike with alternate heads as well. A well done Buffy or Spike would have definatley given the line a good boost.
Unfortunately, $$C decided to give the line the boot instead of a boost. :monkey2

Yeah it sucks if the past few releases hadnt been selling well instread of giving it a boost with a good Buffy or new Human face Spike(who could have even done good for the Angel line) they chose to retire it and say they covered the main cast. The angel line really isnt even a line with 3 figures and only 2 new ones.

One thought comes to my mind every time I come to this board: We cannot die without our 1:6 core Angel cast complete and the rest of the Scooby gang from Buffy. I don't care how long does it take, we musn't stop the "Bring back B/A line" campaign for nothing, Sideshow must learn that there are many many unhappy collectors dying to have their collection complete. Don't tell me the core cast is covered, no one buys that!!!

Keep making noise!

I hope they do the blue suit Lorne if for no other reason than I can use the clothes for a Sweet custom.

olvidadero said:
One thought comes to my mind every time I come to this board: We cannot die without our 1:6 core Angel cast complete and the rest of the Scooby gang from Buffy. I don't care how long does it take, we musn't stop the "Bring back B/A line" campaign for nothing, Sideshow must learn that there are many many unhappy collectors dying to have their collection complete. Don't tell me the core cast is covered, no one buys that!!!

Keep making noise!

I'm with you 100%, but...You need to find a "middle ground" of noise.
The Ape cause tried the polite, asking, quiet begging way and has been ignored both by receiving no new figures and not even a visit to the thread by any $ide$how VIP's in an extremely long time. If they truly loved the line as they said you'd think they'd pop in from time to time..
The Kurgan's were a bit more.....flamboyent, in their method and not only was the requested figure not acknowledged or made, the entire line was cancelled and no remnant of it remains archived to prove it ever happened.
I hope they do reconsider and issue the "core" characters. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what the core characters of ANY license are, once $ide$how thinks they covered them, its a done deal.

Ironman1188 said:
The Kurgan's were a bit more.....flamboyent, in their method and not only was the requested figure not acknowledged or made, the entire line was cancelled and no remnant of it remains archived to prove it ever happened.

Lately, several Buffy 1:6 figures that seemed to be a long way from selling out surprisingly are disappearing from Sideshow's catalog (Der Kindestod, Vamp Spike). I don't want to think of the "Highlander" case, but it's evident something's going on.

Back