Buffy and Angel 12" lines on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You never know. There are only so many guest appearances on How I met Your Mother you can do before you need more than just royalty checks. As much as I adore everyone from Buffy, there are no real mega talents emerging from the series so I don't see any of them being 'above' some Buffy TV movies down the road just to get them in the spotlight and on the radar again.

So a PF Angel is confirmed, that's awesome! I hope it goes up for order before SDCC. 4 months is a long wait...

I'm not really expecting to see any new characters in the line after Angel, but we'll see. I could see them maybe doing Faith or Willow. I'd love to get those two, as well as Xander and Giles. Not counting on it, though.

Angel PF! WOO! :rock
The only big downside for me with the Buffy PF line, is that because theres a whole universe of characters I love, when they produce them I want them, but in reality I dont have the space to collect them all.
I hate the fact knowing my collection space is just dwindling.

I wouldn't worry too much about space. I asked a Sideshow rep about the longevity of the PF Buffy line a while back, and the person said that they "weren't going to go crazy." I'd be surprised if there are more than two after Angel. At the same time, I wouldn't be suprised if Angel is the last one.

Sunday morning = bad mood. Usually it's the Sunday paper effect, global warming, governmental incompetance, terrorism and the general state of the world. You know how you feel like we're all going to hell in a handcart once you put the papers down.
This morning, however, the catalyst for my ill humour is not a major world event, but a blue suited Lorne. How stupid do they think we are?
After all the complaints about the number of Buffy, Spike and Angel variants and the general dismay caused by the demise of the Angel line before it ever really got started, Sideshow flick us two fingers and give us a lame variant of one of the characters who wsn't even in all five seasons. And supposedly this is the end of the line.
Well thank you Sideshow. Thank you at least for producing a Giles before you abandoned the Buffy line. My next port of call is your site to cancel my PFs, I don't see why you should make such humungous profit out of my wallet when you treat lines I've supported faithfully to the point of buying very poor figures just to show support, with such cynicism. Somebody else can celebrate.
As for me I feel I've just heard the final insult!

I'm having a very rough weekend and the news of a PF Angel made up for it a little bit. However, I agree with whom said that this Angel was probably too advanced in production to be cancelled and it doesn't necessarily mean that the line is continuing as a PF line. We shouldn't take this announcement as a sign of continuation but as a goodbye gift.

abstractharmony said:
Remember the commissions my friends...

we can all be happy!

I know abstract...but I still can't help feeling let down by Sideshow, a Wes and a Fred should have been mandatory before they closed the Angel line....the rest would have been icing on the cake.

Oh well, as Dusty said "more opportunities for the customizers."

I still can't understand why Sideshow even bothered with an Angel line. They had to know that they weren't going to be huge sellers, and yet they made a a big deal of the announcement at the time. With the line ending so quickly, it's obvious now they weren't really committed to it, so it just seems strange that they bothered at all.

Despite my bellyaching at the line's early demise, I am glad they did bother. At least I got three very nice figures I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

TheObsoleteMan said:
Despite my bellyaching at the line's early demise, I am glad they did bother. At least I got three very nice figures I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

That's right. I got my Seeley Booth out of it...

Seely1.jpg

TheObsoleteMan said:
I still can't understand why Sideshow even bothered with an Angel line. They had to know that they weren't going to be huge sellers, and yet they made a a big deal of the announcement at the time. With the line ending so quickly, it's obvious now they weren't really committed to it, so it just seems strange that they bothered at all.

I couldn't agree more. :D

Love the Seeley Booth, abstractharmony.

I am very glad that there's going to be a PF Angel but i am sad to know that the Buffy and Angel lines are indeed finished. I've only been collecting since august 2005 and it seems way too early to end the line without an Anya, Tara and Dawn and the Angel line Fred, Wesley and Gunn. I can't understand why they'd leave out those main characters or why they ended the Angel line so early. However i am glad i got the oppertunity to own Angel, Lorne and Cordelia..

If he PF line does continue after Angel then i'd like to see the Scooby Gang being made. They're the only ones i'd buy unless Sideshow go crazy and make a Dark Willow, a new Buffy or a Faith

On the PF front, I have to say I HIGHLY doubt SS will ever release another Buffy. Even having the alternate version was strange to me. Creating another would just bore people with so many Buffy's
When the line is so small currently, I think the worst thing that could be done is to make another PF of the same character. SS would be wanting to branch out to grab interest in the line, thus having a more diverse range of characters tio collect.

Well we already have:
-Buffy (x2)
-Spike
-Angel (coming soon)

In the future, if there are any more I would think SS would choose:
-Dark Willow
-Faith

I don't see much more coming from there on unfortunately. Dark Willow and Faith stand out as memorable, stand alone characters. Creating a PF Willow for example would just mean a continuation of the scoobies and would feel out of place without the rest of the gang.

Buffy magazine Issue 93, 3 page special. Lorne and Giles are the last figures as the Sideshow range is being retired.

Ah, my blind optimism and faith is justified yet again. Not. Well, thanks for the info. Is there a scan of the article available anywhere? I would've hoped for something official from SS, but come to think of it, I don't think they've ever made an official announcement that they've stopped a line. I guess it wouldn't make much business sense, kind of like poking a wounded animal with a short stick. But the flip side is, you feel kind of silly for the time you spent debating wish lists of their next figure--and by this, I mean me, with the silly.

PF Angel - yes, but Buffy 2 - Cancel City. I might pick it up from a retailer or eBay later if they do something about the eyebrows.

binky

Last edited:
I think it means the line is 'going down the toilet'. :lol

And us with it, by the looks of it!:rotfl

Back