Buck VS. Prometheus VS. TrueType VS. Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monte Williams

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Sideshow Indy is my only 12" figure, and while I can actually live with his wobbly neck, I don't like how thin his legs and lower torso are.

What were the limitations of the Buck? People seem to HATE that thing; what was so bad about it?

Is the TT better than the Soldier? If so, how so?

I have read that using the TT body requires one to trim the forearm, but I'm a total spaz when it comes to customizing; is this a complicated procedure? How likely am I to screw it up?

Also, the only thing I actively hate about the 12" Sideshow Indy is his neck joint and his wrist joints; they shatter the illusion completely. Do any of the other body options boasts less jarring neck or wrist joints?

Finally, I know there are people here who somehow sculpt new necks onto these things; how does that work, and how much does it cost, and how durable is it afterward? 'Cause I try to be gentle with my figures and all, but I am not content to leave the figure on a shelf. I subject my figures to the outdoors on a routine basis:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

I'd like to do whatever it takes to make my Indy be the definitive Indy, but I'd prefer not to sacrifice durability and posability.

Thanks for your time, folks. I realize these questions have probably all come up dozens of times, but digging through all the threads to compile the answers to each of them would require more free time than this weary school teacher has.

Any help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Monte

Thanks, I would assume that HT means Hot Toys (sorry, I am new at this)?

And where to find the HT body?

or the Soldier Story body?

Can you point me towards a website that sells them?

Also, please put up an picks of your converted Indy with each of these bodies.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks, faststreetsofhongkong, it's nice to have a fellow noob around; makes one feel less self-conscious. :)

And I agree; the neck on Serb's looks perfect. If it'd hold up to posing and whatnot, I'd definitely be interested in getting mine altered in a similar fashion, provided he does commissions.

I also used the soldier story body.. best out there because of the neck I think.. transferring Indy to that body requires very simple model skills.. just get one off of ebay and give it a try...

I also used the soldier story body.. best out there because of the neck I think.. transferring Indy to that body requires very simple model skills.. just get one off of ebay and give it a try...

Hmm, I still haven't found a way to attach the head properly :( Any advice?

Soldier story is my favorite for Indy, especially if you going to pose him with a open shirt.

My Soldier Story Temple Bridge Indy
IMGA0050.jpg

My True Type Tux Indy. Ignore the Dexter, he was unfinished and I took him off that Buck for a True.
I still like the True body for most other characters
Image042-1.jpg

I left my Radiers Indy on a Pro because it's not floppy and it's a good body IMO

I tried looking for the soldier body on ebay, but only see the female body. Anyone know where to get on e of these bodies??

Thanks for the link, just put my bid. Are these available on any online store as well. Want to get a few of these bodies.

Thanks again

Hmm, I still haven't found a way to attach the head properly :( Any advice?

If you have the head that comes with the S2 body it's an extremely simple fix. Just heat up the little round plug inside Indy's head and pop it out. The do the same with the S2 head and glue it inside the Indy head. That's how I did mine.

Too bad the new HT Slim Body looks does not look like it was in their protopics..
HT_TruetypeBody_SlimVer_01.jpg

Body yes, neck no. So far I just seen the Michael Jackson body that is exactly like in pic. The New Slim TT Body that are up for pre-order does not sport the "sculpted" neck on the body like above and MJ Figure.

Body yes, neck no. So far I just seen the Michael Jackson body that is exactly like in pic. The New Slim TT Body that are up for pre-order does not sport the "sculpted" neck on the body like above and MJ Figure.

That's because, far as I know, it's not the slim body, but rather the old body with slimmer shoulders.

Back