Tightening Loose Joints, Loosening Tight Joints Videos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adeno

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello! I'm just sharing some of my videos that teach how to tighten or loosen toy joints. There are different ways of fixing things, so I've compiled what I've learned or discovered based on my personal experience solving tightness or looseness toy problems. Maybe someone will find these useful. Have fun!

Common Items Used:

1. Silicone Shock Oil
- useful for loosening super tight joints. Just one drop into the socket or joint is usually necessary. Wiggle the joint and it will loosen up little by little. Don't put more than one drop at a time or you might make the joint too loose! Wipe away the drips to prevent making the area shiny. Doesn't seem to lose efficiency as I've had toys that I've used silicone shock oil on over a year ago that still have smooth movement even now.

2. Pledge Floor Care - useful for tightening joints in general but requires time to solidify, like 2 to 4 hours. Good for hidden or hard to see areas, but there will be little white dried up flakes due to friction. Not a permanent solution as it will chip away over time the more you move the joint around, making the area loose again, so you'll have to treat the joint again every few months or so depending on how much you move it around.

3. Loctite Funtak - useful for tightening joints that don't need to carry heavy weight like shoulders, elbows, wrists. Good for hidden or hard to see areas. It's color blue so it's not always ideal on exposed areas. Knead thoroughly before putting it in a socket or hole to make it extra sticky. It's quite soft so it's hard to use in places that require carrying heavy weight, but it still might work depending on how much funtak you can pack in the area.

4. Loctite Super Glue - useful for tightening joints that have to carry heavy weight, such as joints on the lower parts of the body like knees and feet. Use as a LAST RESORT, one mistake and your joint is permanently stuck! Only use one drop at a time! Best used with a toothpick. Use the toothpick to spread that one drop of glue in the area that needs to be tightened. Keep spreading it in the area with the toothpick until it dries up. It dries up fast! Test it if it's tight enough for the joint. Repeat as necessary.

5. Moldable Plastic - useful for tightening joints and can support areas that carry heavy weight. These are tiny pellets of plastic that you soften up by boiling it in water for a few seconds. It then becomes a translucent slimy thing. You can then wrap it around a joint or spread it in a socket to add a layer of plastic to tighten things up. Dries up quickly! Very strong! Its only weakness is that if you live in a hot area, it will soften up! It's reusable so you can take away dried up plastic and boil them again to reuse them. Also very useful if for some reason, you need to make it into a specific shape.

6. Tissue Paper - useful for stuffing into sockets or areas for a tightening effect. Good for places that don't need to carry heavy weight. Also good when used with Pledge Floor Care for extra grip. Good for hidden areas.

7. Play Doh - acceptable for hidden areas but it tends to dry up and get brittle. It's an ok replacement for funtak or polymer clay if you don't have those.

8. Toothpick - good for applying one drop of super glue at a time and spreading it in the area that needs to be tightened. It can also get in hard to reach areas like waist joints in the middle of a body by going through gaps in the crotch or waist area. You can also wrap the tip with tissue paper, put a drop of silicone oil and apply it on a socket or joint that needs to be loosened up.

Videos:

Tightening Loose Feet Joints with Figuarts SSJ4 Goku:

Loosening Tight Waist Joint with Figuarts Jiren Full Power:

Tightening Loose Joints with Moldable Plastic with Monsterarts Godzilla Rebirth:

Tightening Loose Joints with Storm Collectibles Doomsday:

Loosening Tight Joints Hidden by Sewn Costume with Mezco Bootleg Henry Cavill Superman:

Last edited:
Thoes are great options. Add Water Based Polyurethane to the list, someone sells it as a product called kiki fix but it really isnt anything more than water based polyurethane. If you just buy the can in Home Depot or Lowes you will get more than you will ever need for about the same price. You can get needle applicator bottles off amazon dirt cheap as well. Just put a few drops in tge joint and work the joint till you feel it tighten up. It even wokes on heavier diecast figures like RoboCop

Back