Brundlefly maquette worth getting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylerdurden

Super Freak
Reaction score
hey folks,

i'm a big fan of david cronenberg's The Fy remake, starring jeff goldblum as the tragic scientist/creature. :cool:

thru a retailer, i now have a chance to buy sideshow's brundlefly maquette.

from the pics, it looks quite good, but i was wondering if any of you fine folks own one. and if so, is this collectible worth collecting or not?

sorry if there is already a thread about this. but any opinions are most welcome. thanks!

i've attached some pics to refresh your memory if need be...

sort of looks like a turd with arms and legs, nothing I'd want to put on my shelf, but that's just me.

I like the movies. To me, a McFarlane bug toy is about as far as I personally would go for memorabilia from the film, however. I reserve PF format for stuff I absolutely love. Like the Wolfman!!!:D

its an awesome piece.
beautifully represented .... if youre a fan id recommend it. ... :monkey1

wow this thread's been teleported back from the dead. :D

i've since decided not to get it. when i saw it in person, i wasn't too impressed with the paint app.

still a good maquette tho, just didn't wanna spend that kinda $...

I think if they used a sculpt of the fly BEFORE he fully transformed. Maybe Jeff Goldblum at a few stages before he fully became the fly would have looked better as a statue. And also him standing in front of one of those awesome black telepods with a "light up" door switch would have REALLY added value to it.
fliege_001.jpg

There. Hope whoever bumped this thread is happy. I pulled the trigger. Brundlefly just speaks so personally to me, and I loved the look of it in person at CSC. How fast does BBTS ship? My first time there.

I like it, but I can't afford to start branching my collection off too much more lol.

Saw it at a figure store recently..much bigger than I tought...If i was still doing horror, I would have jump on it.Looks very good.

Back