Brundlefly maquette worth getting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised folks:

#35/250
TheFlySSF.jpg

TheFly2SSF.jpg

TheFly3SSF.jpg

A little comparison to the 2000 McFarlane version:
comparison.jpg

Forgive the amateur photo quality, as they do this bugger no justice. I love him. This is one of those great and rare purchases when there isn't even a single hint of regret for spending the money. The paintwork is simply immaculate. I'm fully satisfied. At $80 this thing was a steal. Brundle will make a great display for Halloween time. :D

Last edited:
As promised folks:

#35/250
TheFlySSF.jpg

Forgive the amateur photo quality, as they do this bugger no justice. I love him. This is one of those great and rare purchases when there isn't even a single hint of regret for spending the money. The paintwork is simply immaculate. I'm fully satisfied. At $80 this thing was a steal. Brundle will make a great display for Halloween time. :D

congrats on your score dude! btw, i requested for pics on the "what's your latest purchase?" thread before seeing this...

what i like about this piece are the little hairs all over. they really add to the realism. wish the base had more detail though...

$80 is a ridiculously cheap price to pay for this collectible. was it 2nd hand or something?

congrats on your score dude! btw, i requested for pics on the "what's your latest purchase?" thread before seeing this...

what i like about this piece are the little hairs all over. they really add to the realism. wish the base had more detail though...

$80 is a ridiculously cheap price to pay for this collectible. was it 2nd hand or something?

Thanks dude!
After holding it in my hands, I actually kind of like the simple base. Contrasts quite well with the ultra detailed creature standing over it, you know? And nope, I got him brand new from Big Bad Toy Store. They've been having a huge sale on random items all over the place for the last week or so. I got my $80 clearance order in on this guy a day or two before they sold out of them.

Last edited:
This thing is beautiful and a very under appreciated piece.

Thanks dude!
After holding it in my hands, I actually kind of like the simple base. Contrasts quite well with the ultra detailed creature standing over it, you know? And nope, I got him brand new from Big Bad Toy Store. They've been having a huge sale on random items all over the place for the last week or so. I got my $80 clearance order in on this guy a day or two before they sold out of them.

wow, that's a fantastic deal then! any plans on getting the martinfly? father needs his son for company on the shelves... :D

This thing is beautiful and a very under appreciated piece.

agree. it doesn't get the love it deserves...

wow, that's a fantastic deal then! any plans on getting the martinfly? father needs his son for company on the shelves... :D

Possibly later if I can find him for an equally good deal. But for now I'm happy with Brundle.

You see, for me The Fly goes beyond a science fiction or horror movie. It's a beautifully tragic love story. I find it multi-layered with very human themes. The central theme within the themes is of course a metaphor for growing old. Aging is depicted as if it were a disease, akin to the likes of Cancer or AIDS, how it affects those who love us the most deeply, and our struggle to retain our own humanity throughout until the inevitable end.

The Fly II missed the point there, and was just a horror picture. Which is fine for what it is, a great looking statue. I just need more emotional investment in my collection.

Thanks for all the comments guys! :duff

i'm with u on the appeal of cronenberg's film. tragic indeed. and a brilliant performance by goldblum.

but i do like the sequel, devoid of serious depth as it may be. and the scene with the dog still brings a tear to my eye.

I'm bring life into this old topic..

Because I has been on the waiting list for some time and now have I received an email whether there a one piece available and will be ship to the U.S. store and after be ship to me.

Can see the price is $199.99 but you can get it cheaper or could, can it really be true that it loses value after it was shipped?

I really love the movie and could be nice to have it in my collection – should I go for it? :)

No response...
It does not matter, because I have bought and paid for it and it is on its way to Denmark. Looking forward to getting it in the collection.

Back