Broken seamless body - be aware.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marine Boy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought a Jiaou Doll seamless body for a custom figure i was putting together. This was the first time i had bought a Jiaou Doll body and thought it would be similar to Phicens i had bought before. It is advertised as having a stainless steel skeleton. As i was attaching the feet, one of them refused to pop on. As it was new, i assumed it was just really tight. I placed the foot on a table and pushed down, then this happened:

jiaou-body.jpg

The shin is made of plastic and snapped. There are some holes there for some reason. So not all stainless steel as advertised. I should be able to repair it, but i'll stick with Phicens from now on. The foot socket, turns out, was cracked and loose. It was not popping on because it had already bottomed out.

Thanks for letting us know. I have heard two different things regarding the Jiaou Doll bodies: 1) they use stainless steel for the joints only but the limbs in between the steel joints are plastic. 2) only the upper body is completely stainless steel and the lower body is mostly plastic with steel joints. Not many ppl seem to buy them, or the ones that buy them, don?t do reviews on them.

I?ve thought about getting their more muscular body but the skin colors are inconsistent and not knowing 100% what the body is actually made of. I did hear that the hands and feet that come on the body are REALLY tough to get off if you don?t warm them up first.

Last edited:
Yikes! Very unfortunate.

I had bought two Jiaou Doll seamless bodies for my Captain Marvel kitbashes, but have had no issues. I also have two other Phicen/TBL bodies, and I'd say the P/TBL feel better in comparison.

Thanks for letting us know. I have heard two different things regarding the Jiaou Doll bodies: 1) they use stainless steel for the joints only but the limbs in between the steel joints are plastic. 2) only the upper body is completely stainless steel and the lower body is mostly plastic with steel joints. Not many ppl seem to buy them, or the ones that buy them, don?t do reviews on them.

I?ve thought about getting their more muscular body but the skin colors are inconsistent and not knowing 100% what the body is actually made of. I did hear that the hands and feet that come on the body are REALLY tough to get off if you don?t warm them up first.

Jiaou bodies are generally more petite as they are same as Xing. Their suntan have totally different tone with the 1st batch & 2nd batch (paler). But the price makes it up for those that don't require full seamless.

Jiaou bodies are generally more petite as they are same as Xing. Their suntan have totally different tone with the 1st batch & 2nd batch (paler). But the price makes it up for those that don't require full seamless.

What's "Xing"?? Never heard of that brand. Any pics or links?

Thanks for the PSA. Was once tempted to get those bodies once. It's amazing how the durable the modern Phicen/TBLeague bodies are, they've come a long way since the days of being made of cheap rubber with plastic ratchet joints.

Back