Boromir in the House...Official IMAGE thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So when you guys are doing these customs, are you going to JoAnn's Fabrics and buying material and then sewing them on a sewing machine, or all these hand stitched?

The velvet for this material was a real hassle to find; I searched at every fabric store around until I finally got this at (shock!) Wal-Mart. The sewing was done almost entirely by hand, as that was the only way to get it done just right without any problems, and it allowed full control over the shape and drape of the cloak. That's one of the reasons it took me so long to get this finished, as it's a really labor intensive job. Costuming is an incredibly tedious process.

Just remember not to be afraid of using a lot of fabric; you might think it's too much, but it'll be necessary to make it look right. Especially with Boromir's cloak; it needs to make a full circle when it's laid out flat. Never try and find shortcuts when emulating the actual costumes. The results will always be better!

Verrrry nice Cap! Always thought Boromir should've some with his original cloak. I'm always on the look out for a decent 1/6 scale cloak to poach onto my Boromir figure. I dont have no talent for hand made custom or paint work doh!

What did you use for his brooches / clasps? They're spot on too

Already mentioned in your other thread but what the heck double praise for the Fara.

Great job Cap :cool: really gives the impression of a quality well made coat(and it is).
We all know the real reason u made it,it's so Faramir can wear it as a hand me down after Boromir is.............:monkey2 ;)

Verrrry nice Cap! Always thought Boromir should've some with his original cloak. I'm always on the look out for a decent 1/6 scale cloak to poach onto my Boromir figure. I dont have no talent for hand made custom or paint work doh!

What did you use for his brooches / clasps? They're spot on too

The brooches were made from the Toy Biz King Elessar figure; I got a few at Toy R Us on clearance for $1.69, and then cut them out from his shoulder armor, which ended up working perfectly!

Some pics of my Boromir with the chain mail sleeves and some of the weathering, although the pics don´t show the weathering too well.

Is there any issues with the rubber chainmail being in contact with his bracers? I have seen and heard of problems arising because of rubber on rubber in some cases.

How is the articulation? I know that it is somewhat restricted, but how is it in holding simple poses?

Thanks for any info shared...

Is there any issues with the rubber chainmail being in contact with his bracers? I have seen and heard of problems arising because of rubber on rubber in some cases.

How is the articulation? I know that it is somewhat restricted, but how is it in holding simple poses?

Can hold a bend in the elbow, but not an extreme bend. Looks ok for posing but not for playing with. I have had no rubber on rubber issues.

Definitely one of the best 12" figures that Sideshow has released. Outfit is fantastic. So much detail found throughout.

Yep. The outfit was great and that shield was a little work of art. Very well proportioned figure too. I wish SS could hit that high of a mark all the time.

Here's a bent arm pic.

watermark.php

Thanks Entropy, that helps out a lot. Waiting for 2 weeks on a Boromir, and no word on when he will arrive. Will have to enjoy the pics on here.

Back