Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Borderlands 2 is currently in development at Gearbox Software a source close to the project has told Eurogamer, following speculation that the game was lining up to be announced at E3 this year. Although that failed to materialise, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford still had something to say on the matter.

"I can tell you that myself and everyone at Gearbox LOVES Borderlands and we have been absolutely thrilled at the reception it's gotten from our customers and the fact that it's sold over four million units now," Pitchford declared. "So you can see that we supported the game like mad with lots of great DLC and you can imagine that we're going to want to do a lot of things with Borderlands in the future."

We're going to stick our neck out and say that Borderlands 2 might be announced at Gamescom 2011 in Cologne, Germany next month, with a release sometime in 2012. As always, be sure to watch this space.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9153-Borderlands-2-in-Development-Says-Source.html

I need to get around to finishing the first game.

Great news! I really loved the first game. I'll definitely be picking this one up when it comes out.

Sweet.

I Want:

More variation in the gun design
Character Customizations akin to Brink
For variation a player could ride a Skag as a vehicle
Deeper Storyline

What I really expect Gearbox addresses is the shallowness of the class system. Even though each class has a unique ability, they still play very much the same, especially after you level up. This complaint isn't entirely technical per se, but story-wise the game doesn't offer any class-based quests or storylines like most decent RPG's do.
They could have added a lot of depth to the original game without having to tweak the U3 engine much, but they chose to dumb it down as much as they could instead, so I don't think they'll address this obvious lack of depth and/or character development on Borderlands 2 either.

Looking forward to this! Enjoyed the first one quite a bit.

Borderlands 2 Website
-Fans can get their first glimpse of the bold evolution of the Role-Playing Shooter at Gamescom and PAX Prime 2011 this month.

Game Informer Article:
The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content. The game is set for a release in 2K Games' fiscal year 2013, which begins April 1, 2012, and ends March 31, 2013.

Did this game have any true RPG? Or just a crapload of weapon customization. Want to play it but afraid it'll suffer from Fallout 3 syndrome: long and boring

^^ there wasnt really any weapon customization, just looting a new weapon and deciding to drop it for a better one, or not.

RPG was mainly organizing your weapon loadouts.

I had to stop watching I felt like I was cheating myself or something. :lol That looks awesome though. I really really enjoyed the first being able to co op with my friends and trade guns and what not. This is a must buy for me. I do hope they let you customize your characters more in this one though.

Back