Borderlands 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joy-Puke Alert! Borderlands 2 Collectors and Limited Editions Revealed
Written Thursday, May 17, 2012 By Richard Walker
View author's profile

2K Games and Gearbox have today unveiled the ultra-special joy-puking editions of Borderlands 2, which will come in two distinct varieties: special and uber-mega-ultra-special limited boxy-box box edition.

The former, let's call it the Borderlands 2 Vault Hunter's Collectors Edition (because that's what it's called) will come with a selection of goodies, including an authentic Marcus Kincaid bobble head, an 'Inside the Vault' hardbound book, a map of Pandora, a set of stickers and a comic book download. It even comes with the game disc and a case to store it in, which is handy. It'll be priced at £64.99.

Meanwhile, if you're feeling flush and fancy something one (maybe even two) better than that, then you can grab the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition, which comes with all of the above from the Collectors Edition, plus a scaled replica of the iconic red loot chest to store it all in. There's also a steelbook case (we love a nice steelbook), a 'Creatures of Pandora' wide-format ID chart, a lithograph postcard set, field notes from Sir Hammerlock, a fancy cloth map of Pandora and a numbered certificate of authenticity. This lot will set you back £99.99.

Pre-ordering Borderlands 2 will also grant you access to the Premiere Club, which grants you the Vault Hunter's Relic, a golden key and a Gearbox Gun Pack with unique weapon skins. Check it all out in the images below. Borderlands 2 is out on September 18th in North America and September 21st in Europe. Check out our Siren and Gunzerker gameplay previews with our own colour commentary if you're thirsty for more Borderlands 2.

BL2_CE_DeluxeVault_Full.jpg

BL2_LE_UltimateLootChest_Full.jpg

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11727-Joy-Puke-Alert--Borderlands-2-Collectors-and-Limited-Editions-Revealed.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I want the loot chest myself but I aint too sure about paying $150 for something that will end up in the closet.

Standard edition for me.....thats just too big....

I'll probably get the regular too or maybe the one without the chest. Those kinds of things are always cool, but as you say..worthless once the cool wears off, which it always does.

I'm probably going to get the standard edition through Gamestop because of that stupid timed exclusive they are getting.

I really like the loot chest and would love to get it, but I just don't think I can justify paying $150 for it.

playing part 1 right now. really loving this game.

I am lvl 25 soldier right now.
doing some missions for earl in the junk yard.
anyone know how far into the game I am?

I just started Playthrough 2 on Borderlands after completing the game and all of the DLC over the past month. I'm currently a level 48 Hunter.

I preordered Borderland 2 at Gamestop a few months ago and can't wait for the release!

Back