Bootleg Patient Zero on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My main point, that some of you are missing is that this is not a custom figure, it's a recast. If it was a custom then the artist would have either made his own head and not just recasted it, or made modifications to the real patient zero.

Well Lonnie has sent an alert in to ebay, so now lets all just sit back and watch them pull that auction down. :lol

pixletwin said:
Well Lonnie has sent an alert in to ebay, so now lets all just sit back and watch them pull that auction down. :lol

Again, I'm done. My opinion will not be changed on the matter. However, I am with Pixletwin when it comes to watching the auction get taken down. :lol

El Roranous said:
My main point, that some of you are missing is that this is not a custom figure, it's a recast. If it was a custom then the artist would have either made his own head and not just recasted it, or made modifications to the real patient zero.

I agree with you. If he resculpted it in any way (such as Hunky Artist's great improvements on Obi and Ani) I'd be fine with it. But since it is JUST a recast, then I'm sure that has to be illegal or something. Personal use would be one thing, but selling it as a 'reproduction' just isn't right. I'd feel the same way even if I didn't have a Patient Zero BTW because I really could care less how much he is worth.

So if ebay does pull the item down then it is just proof that this replica, or as some would like to call it "custom", is stealing and illegal. :)

So I guess if we all just did nothing it would all work out in the end and the world will be a better place...

... remind me of that if you ever get stuck with a fake or reproduction in the future.

However you feel about the auction, you gotta agree that at least he was honest in his description. :lol

pixletwin said:
However you feel about the auction, you gotta agree that at least he was honest in his description. :lol

Completely honest! But to me, that is more of a scam than just trying to pass it off as original... what a con man he is!

pixletwin said:
Vell my gut fren'. Ve shall zee woo ees rite! :tap
:lol I guess. I am not angry over it or anything and I hope I haven't offended anyone...sometimes you just have to stand up for what you believe in. I bet ebay will take it down. He is also using the old NOT something trick in his title to get more hits so the listing will be deleted either way.

lcummins said:
So I guess if we all just did nothing it would all work out in the end and the world will be a better place...

... remind me of that if you ever get stuck with a fake or reproduction in the future.

Oh come off it Lonnie. :lol

lcummins said:
Completely honest! But to me, that is more of a scam than just trying to pass it off as original... what a con man he is!

Being honest about the head is less honest than if he were to sell the recast and pass it off as an original? Can you feel me in on how that works?

pixletwin said:
Being honest about the head is less honest than if he were to sell the recast and pass it off as an original? Can you feel me in on how that works?

I didn't say "less honest", I said it is more of a "scam"; just like any good con man, he takes you into his confidence by trying to appear honest and telling you up front that it is a "reproduction", thereby getting people to bid on it "because at least he's honest about it".

lcummins said:
I didn't say "less honest", I said it is more of a "scam"; just like any good con man, he takes you into his confidence by trying to appear honest and telling you up front that it is a "reproduction", thereby getting people to bid on it "because at least he's honest about it".

Well, I guess thats one way to look at it. Not the most logical way to con someone (especially considering its an item that, had he taken the "moral highroad" and said it was an original loose PZ, he could have sold for $350+ and noone would have been the wiser).

:monkey1

The main difference in what DarkArtist and the rest do is what has already been said. They redo the original sculpture to their client's tastes. What the eBayer is doing is trying to replicate as closely as possible the Patient Zero figure, and he states that. Let's put it this way and this is an extreme example. Say an eBay seller is selling COUNTERFEIT $20 bills and he goes to great detail about how they were counterfeited and the techniques he employed are the same that the Mint uses etc. But he makes no bones about it that what he is selling is not real money. Does that exonerate him? That would be Hell NO. :rotfl and I am sure Treasury would agree. In a sense, this eBayer is doing the exact same thing, making a counterfeit Patient Zero. Is it hurting Sideshow? After a fashion, yes. It damages Sideshow's re****tion in a way. But mainly, because this figure is on the openest market in the world, eBay, there is no telling who could end up with it and recast the recast. It is especially enticing to recasters if they can get this copy cheaper than putting down the $400 for a real Patient Zero. Along the line, some poor foo is going to be duped into plunking down $300 for THIS very figure under the pretense that is a loose, but real Patient Zero. And that is where the harm comes in. Same thing with the Iron Man crime, but the Iron Man is even more dasterdly since they appeared to have taken them off the factory floor. There are those who have a moral obligation to protect their community and that is what Lonnie has done, and he is applauded for it. Again, in support of our fine cutomizers, you do not see them DUPLICATING what Sideshow, Medicom, etc has put out, you see them ENHANCING the available product.
Oh and by the way, since I am clearly against this sort of thing because of the long term damage these things tend to have, I want to make the point that I don't think Nash is a bad evil criminal for placing a bid on it. Nash is a good guy from what I have seen and if I may make a guess, I think he is interested more in the novelty of the piece as a counterfeit than having it as filling the "missing piece" of his Dead collection. Don't mean to put words in your mouth dude, sorry if I did. :lol

The word that got half bleeped I guess contained the Spanish word for a kitty cat:lol. Let's say Sideshows Standing

Last edited:
ragacin said:
The main difference in what DarkArtist and the rest do is what has already been said. They redo the original sculpture to their client's tastes. What the eBayer is doing is trying to replicate as closely as possible the Patient Zero figure, and he states that. Let's put it this way and this is an extreme example. Say an eBay seller is selling COUNTERFEIT $20 bills and he goes to great detail about how they were counterfeited and the techniques he employed are the same that the Mint uses etc. But he makes no bones about it that what he is selling is not real money. Does that exonerate him? That would be Hell NO. :rotfl and I am sure Treasury would agree. In a sense, this eBayer is doing the exact same thing, making a counterfeit Patient Zero. Is it hurting Sideshow? After a fashion, yes. It damages Sideshow's re****tion in a way. But mainly, because this figure is on the openest market in the world, eBay, there is no telling who could end up with it and recast the recast. It is especially enticing to recasters if they can get this copy cheaper than putting down the $400 for a real Patient Zero. Along the line, some poor foo is going to be duped into plunking down $300 for THIS very figure under the pretense that is a loose, but real Patient Zero. And that is where the harm comes in. Same thing with the Iron Man crime, but the Iron Man is even more dasterdly since they appeared to have taken them off the factory floor. There are those who have a moral obligation to protect their community and that is what Lonnie has done, and he is applauded for it. Again, in support of our fine cutomizers, you do not see them DUPLICATING what Sideshow, Medicom, etc has put out, you see them ENHANCING the available product.
Oh and by the way, since I am clearly against this sort of thing because of the long term damage these things tend to have, I want to make the point that I don't think Nash is a bad evil criminal for placing a bid on it. Nash is a good guy from what I have seen and if I may make a guess, I think he is interested more in the novelty of the piece as a counterfeit than having it as filling the "missing piece" of his Dead collection. Don't mean to put words in your mouth dude, sorry if I did. :lol

What he said! And thanks!

Back