Bootleg Patient Zero on eBay!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's not make a martyr out of the re-caster. Why did he recast the Patient Zero and try to sell it on eBay? To make money. How is he making money? By stealing someone else's work instead of creating his own. I don't understand how modifying an existing product and making a duplicate can be considered the same thing? There are 300 items in the world that look like Patient Zero. Make a duplicate and there are now 301. I know, there are still only 300 Patient Zero's and one Patient X. :rolleyes:

DouglasMcc said:
...There are 2 reasons to be angry about this item:

1.) Someone is upset that the selling of the item could devalue their original.
2.) You feel that the recast of the item in some way harms either the original company or artist. It, in some way, robs them of profit...
3.) I am creator of this item and this person has stolen my hard work without any compensation to me for my time and effort for personal profit.
4.) I am the distributor of this item and although I'm sold out of this item and have spent time and money on advertising, manufacturing, etc someone is copying my licensed material for profit without any compensation to me for all my hard work.

Now to be honest, I'm a bit of a hypocrite because like I said earlier, if I didn't already have Patient Zero, I'd probably buy this one if it was much cheaper. Now the recasters and anit-recasters both hate me. :eek: :monkey2 :monkey3

it never fails to surprise me how so many individuals can justify injustice when it suits one's needs.

automaton said:
it never fails to surprise me how so many individuals can justify injustice when it suits one's needs.

just like how the very same people who are against the custom Patient Zero have no problem with others on the forum recasting sideshow anakin heads and changing a few things , then selling them on the forum. ok. :rolleyes:

All the above being said, I understand people being ticked at their work being ripped off, but due to the limited release of these guys and missing out on the original I'd admit that I'd pick up a recast if I was offered it. Is it wrong, most likely, but no more than the recopying of all the other heads on these forums.

nash said:
just like how the very same people who are against the custom Patient Zero have no problem with others on the forum recasting sideshow anakin heads and changing a few things , then selling them on the forum. ok. :rolleyes:

Who's doing this so I can tell Sideshow and PM Dave to delete the thread? :moon

NOTE -----> ;)

nash said:
exactly....

Whose to say what is right and what is wrong? Lawyers? People with money, looking to protect their pile? Whatever. It comes down to business wanting to protect their share. When is profit profiteering? When does it become a rip off? It's too much for me to work out.

Live and let live? The guy wasn't harming me, so why should I care? Stick your nose out and you'll get it wacked. You could be doing a policeman out of a job. The world will go on with or without this guy. If he had been doing any real harm he would have been cobbled by the big boys, in the end. Supply and demand. Lack of supply is what creates demand in the collectibles scene.

This is one crazy planet.

As I've said many times above - it's not the same thing.

Hello you...

7005.jpg

Back