Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BLITZWAY- Rocky 2- 1/4th scale

Is Arnie Kim still with Blitzway or has he moved on again ?
The Rocky statue might be gone if he is gone.

Bruce, is that final? Blitzway canceled the Rocky statue?

If it is I still have the Maga Rocky II statue, but that Blitzway statue would have been great, I was really looking forward to a Rocky statue with Rocky in his street clothes, everything else I have is Rocky in boxing trunks.

I do not know exactly if they canceled the statue of Rocky, but I think if blitzway has not released an official news on Rocky, we will not have in our hands the rocky statue. The problem is that Arnie Kim went away from blitzway (it is said that Arnie will not work with most blitzway) and we know the long waiting times for the output of each statue blitzway (blitzway brings out one or two statues in a year! ). I hope you will make the doll Enterbay of Rocky, but we know that Enterbay dumps only dolls NBA! We have no hopes for the statue of Rocky!:thud:

Posted by Arnie Kim on his arnie.kim_studio Tweeter account. No mention of Blitzway.

Thanks to Master Chief 90 for the heads-up.

EPhtUs8.jpg

T82ZbFz.jpg

I might get this one...damn I like where this is headed

Was confirmed in the Bruce Lee thread that he has parted with Blitzway.

Arnie Kim must have worked on this Rocky statue for over a year, even if he lift Blitzway he wouldn't want all the time and hard work to go to waste, is it possible for Kim to release the statue with another company or maybe sell it privately like Edinho Maga does with his Rocky statues?

Arnie Kim must have worked on this Rocky statue for over a year, even if he lift Blitzway he wouldn't want all the time and hard work to go to waste, is it possible for Kim to release the statue with another company or maybe sell it privately like Edinho Maga does with his Rocky statues?

He has sold one off statues before but he does a lot of personal work so i don't think he views his personal projects as 'time and hard work gone to waste'

To release the statue at another company, they'd have to have or acquire the Rocky license.

He has sold one off statues before but he does a lot of personal work so i don't think he views his personal projects as 'time and hard work gone to waste'

To release the statue at another company, they'd have to have or acquire the Rocky license.

I didn't mean his work was a waste or he thought that, I thought that after all the time he put into the statue he would want to have it released, this statue has it all, great likeness, pose, and the steps base is great. I really hope that some how it gets released.

I didn't mean his work was a waste or he thought that, I thought that after all the time he put into the statue he would want to have it released, this statue has it all, great likeness, pose, and the steps base is great. I really hope that some how it gets released.

I'm with you-didn't Arnie do a kick-ass 1:4 head sculpt of Reeve as Superman as well? I recall seeing that in the DC section a while back and that got my hopes to skyrocket as well only to be disappointed that nothing ever came of it.

Yeah I think Arnie does and shows off a lot of personal projects, so wouldnt get hopes high thinking it will be released for purchase until there actually is an official announcement from a company saying they will be releasing.

I have some great news, will I hope it turns out great, I contacted Arnie Kim on facebook yesterday and he got back to me right away, very nice man, he told me that he handed in the Rocky II 1/4 statue to Blitzway and it should be released in the near future, he doesn't know if the final version of the statue will end up with the same concept he intended, I think Blitzway will release what he intended, so I guess there is hope for this statue to finally be released. I can't see Blitzway after paying Kim to make the statue, not releasing it.

Mr. Kim also told me that he's planning his own line of Stallone statues, so that's good news.

I have some great news, will I hope it turns out great, I contacted Arnie Kim on facebook yesterday and he got back to me right away, very nice man, he told me that he handed in the Rocky II 1/4 statue to Blitzway and it should be released in the near future, he doesn't know if the final version of the statue will end up with the same concept he intended, I think Blitzway will release what he intended, so I guess there is hope for this statue to finally be released. I can't see Blitzway after paying Kim to make the statue, not releasing it.

Mr. Kim also told me that he's planning his own line of Stallone statues, so that's good news.

wow thats awesome news!

That's good news indeed. Thanks for letting us know.

To be commercially released through his own studio? I'd probably be in for a First Blood Rambo and a Rocky in his boxing trunks.

^^

I'll easily jump for a Rocky III in his US flag trunks and Rambo aiming the bow and arrow.

I want to get hyped. I wish HT would get off their Marvel/SW funk and produce the Rocky and Rambo they've been talking about for years.

I want to get hyped. I wish HT would get off their Marvel/SW funk and produce the Rocky and Rambo they've been talking about for years.

I'm with you, I think HT hasn't revisited Rocky because they didn't sell well, I bought them all, but I do remember they took along time to sell out, It all probably comes down to the fact that HT doesn't have the licence anymore. I don't collect 1/6 figs anymore, for those that do, great, I just love statues, very little maintenance and they don't look like dolls, so Kim's plans for Rocky and Rambo statues is great news for me.

It is great news but it'll take aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss to come out.

Back