Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, thanks for the honesty.
Yeah look forward to your ETD review.
I can't see this magically transforming under different lighting or new photos.
There has been plenty already, albeit less than studio shots, and lots of close up pics where you can see what is going on....or not, as is the case with this.
Apart from the soft detailing, the structural changes are enough of a put off for me anyway.

You mean structural changes on the head sculpt or body?

possibly both steve.I think the stance has altered (slightly)the rear heel doesn't appear as high,also I still think the angle of the head has altered,more looking right and not as down as the proto.and it maybe the camera but the hair looks smaller.the GOD hair is more suitable for this,the little strands on his temple etc,but overall the sculpt is good.but no doubt opinions will vary.

You mean structural changes on the head sculpt or body?

Yeah both.
The back foot is not as raised. The 'in motion' feels less delicate and stealthy.
The chin is not as lowered as the proto, the finished piece is more a sideways glance than that very cautious look the proto had.
The mouth is slightly different too....although could be in the casting.
And, the hair....missing the height, length and volume the proto had.

I mean, the structural changes are seemingly small but they make a big difference for me.
Those subtle things on the proto were captured exactly right.
Because they are slightly different on the production piece, it's lost the signature Lee aura - so it's more than just the soft detailing and one tone paint job, IMO.

possibly both steve.I think the stance has altered (slightly)the rear heel doesn't appear as high,also I still think the angle of the head has altered,more looking right and not as down as the proto.

Yeah the proto's head looks tilted down here, whereas the final product's head doesn't appear to be tilted down at all.

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_11_zps7f52a753.jpg

and it maybe the camera but the hair looks smaller.the GOD hair is more suitable for this,the little strands on his temple etc,but overall the sculpt is good.but no doubt opinions will vary.

The hair does look shorter in close up shots but looks fine here in this distance shot IMO.

d3ba7e5df73c074d6dcb9278b046cf9f.jpg

Yeah both.
The back foot is not as raised. The 'in motion' feels less delicate and stealthy.
The chin is not as lowered as the proto, the finished piece is more a sideways glance than that very cautious look the proto had.
The mouth is slightly different too....although could be in the casting.
And, the hair....missing the height, length and volume the proto had.

I mean, the structural changes are seemingly small but they make a big difference for me.
Those subtle things on the proto were captured exactly right.
Because they are slightly different on the production piece, it's lost the signature Lee aura - so it's more than just the soft detailing and one tone paint job, IMO.

Yeah I see what you mean, the production piece doesn't give any feeling like it isn't life like because it has lost that stealth walk look among other things. However, we can't say for sure if all this correct but it just appears to look different. Would you be able to see it in hand like at your LCS?

yeah I agree.together they do look good and the hair is better,still seems a tad short IMO.just re-read blitzway's description(needed a good laugh due to a horrendous weekend in work,and the pain it left me in)by their stats,i worked out that the base of this should be approx. 1'' lower,but looks taller next to GOD.an error by blitzway?
dunno perhaps my maths is out.when I get mine,it's going on the right of GOD,that way ETD bruce can look at GOD bruce and say''what do you think'' and GOD bruce will say''well your no proto'':lol

yeah I agree.together they do look good and the hair is better,still seems a tad short IMO.just re-read blitzway's description(needed a good laugh due to a horrendous weekend in work,and the pain it left me in)by their stats,i worked out that the base of this should be approx. 1'' lower,but looks taller next to GOD.an error by blitzway?
dunno perhaps my maths is out.

Yeah probably is but it isn't as noticeable as it is in the close up pictures.

when I get mine,it's going on the right of GOD,that way ETD bruce can look at GOD bruce and say''what do you think'' and GOD bruce will say''well your no proto'':lol

:lol

Yeah I see what you mean, the production piece doesn't give any feeling like it isn't life like because it has lost that stealth walk look among other things. However, we can't say for sure if all this correct but it just appears to look different. Would you be able to see it in hand like at your LCS?

Possibly, but there's actually not many options around these parts.

I don't believe there has been structural changes.
There are two things at play - the height of the camera and how front on the statue is facing.
(the nipples and collarbone placement are the easiest way to tell)

The paintwork is definitely not as good ....although I now suspect the prototype has actually been photoshopped to enhance it
....did we ever actually see a pic of Arnie posing with his creation ...the proto at a convention or at the Blitzway office, etc ?
.....I'd actually like proof that that prototype statue exists in the same form

The hair to me on both the GoD and this EtD are odd ....like they need to be swapped with each other to be more accurate for their particular movie!
I still like the sculpt better on the EtD statue ....although the seam ruins it a little.

Really it is the price that is the problem here.
If this was $500+ I'd be more than happy ....for $1000 after shipping ....not as much....
And Bruce being a tiny, tiny guy, this 1/3 scale statue is no taller than many newer Sideshow 1/4 scale statues. What is the extra $200+ for then?

I see a lot of you are wanting better close up pics . I think it,ll just end up like this :lol no studio lighting is going to make this look anything like the proto.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Ahhh I just realize might be too graphic that pic, if any mod find the building is too strong an image please delete. Should have not zoom in for closer look . :lol:yuck what a horrid building :yuck

I see a lot of you are wanting better close up pics . I think it,ll just end up like this :lol no studio lighting is going to make this look anything like the proto.

mmm...but it would have to cuz the proto was studio lit :wave

I'm kinda with SAB on this one- height of the camera and angle of the statue are gonna make his chin and heel look up, down, left and right on every other pic. His hair can't look perfect size in one pic and too small in another... its the same hair :lol

I think the majority of the differences are gonna be in the paint app. Veins are all still there, striations still look like theyre there, just not being brought out to the proto degree. As far as vs GOD goes, I still prefer most everything about this one, and that reason alone somewhat justifies the cost- to me if this shouldn't be over $500, the GOD really shouldn't be either :dunno

I guess there is a chance that close up it could look like a hospital ? :)
I would love to say that is Secret base head quarters but is not. :horror. When I recieve my ETD statue and see inhand hope not become BLitzways head quarters :lol

BL_zpstiu6tujh.jpg

This is as good a shot as any to illustrate the head tilt. Both shots are pretty much straight on, if anything, the proto shot has the camera angle ever so slightly at a lower angle and looking up, yet the chin still appears lower than the production piece on the left.

Like I said, it's all small stuff but makes a difference to the overall essence of the piece. It's the subtle mannerisms captured in the body posture of the proto that make it just right.

Anyway, it would be great to get the same great photo essays from collectors here that GOD got once it starts hitting some homes.

BL_zpstiu6tujh.jpg

This is as good a shot as any to illustrate the head tilt. Both shots are pretty much straight on, if anything, the proto shot has the camera angle ever so slightly at a lower angle and looking up, yet the chin still appears lower than the production piece on the left.

Like I said, it's all small stuff but makes a difference to the overall essence of the piece. It's the subtle mannerisms captured in the body posture of the proto that make it just right.

Anyway, it would be great to get the same great photo essays from collectors here that GOD got once it starts hitting some homes.

The left picture is not only angled more to the left (rather than front on) but the entire statue is shot from a camera positioned below and pointing up, giving the impression the whole thing is leaning back ...and making the head look less tilted.

The right picture is more front on and the camera is more level with the statue and shooting forward in a straight line. The statue then appears much straighter and the head more tilted IMO.

Those pics are only similar in that they are both vaguely from the front. But they are very different and create a very different angle....again IMO....

The left picture is not only angled more to the left (rather than front on) but the entire statue is shot from a camera positioned below and pointing up, giving the impression the whole thing is leaning back ...and making the head look less tilted.

The right picture is more front on and the camera is more level with the statue and shooting forward in a straight line. The statue then appears much straighter and the head more tilted IMO.

Those pics are only similar in that they are both vaguely from the front. But they are very different and create a very different angle....again IMO....

Yep, the statue is rotated very slightly compared to the one on the right, no problem with that, but if you look at the hands in both pics they would indicate camera heights are very similar, the one on the left showing just slightly more of the top of the right hand, as you would expect with the rotation.
But look, we all see different things which is definitely good for the discussion on this :)

Back