Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a collector on FB,

10854226_1546231662316316_4512409107427228317_o.jpg

10860864_1546231535649662_3431809540535012751_o.jpg

10465491_1546231928982956_5301957321813444757_o.jpg

10857292_1546231848982964_6779252636509793388_o.jpg

Easily the best shots so far!

those pics are better,but still fall short of what we were shown by blitzway,as SAB mentioned maybe it has been ''enhanced'' in some way,and no physical statue has been seen.well that is some ****** marketing by blitzway.people who work hard and save to buy stuff like this should not be ''conned'' by companys.and if true blitzway should hold their head in shame.1st EB putting out a rubbish big boss now the possibility of this from blitzway.if blitzway were a UK firm they'd be done under the trade discriptions act...false advertising...show em this,take their money,then sent them not so detailed statue that we shown.
this will turn out looking better for us buying it by these latest pics.but i'll say it again....the proto it aint.
the 2nd last pic looks the best

Agreed. Each new pic is now showing pretty much what the finished piece is. These show the skin tan looking more natural, but it's still pretty much one tone all over. Just wish the hair was better done, it doesn't look ETD. But yeah, it's no proto. A huge gap between that and this finished piece.

And I actually feel the GOD statue has more of a museum display feel about it while this feels more like a big toy for some reason.

my gripe is for $700 we were shown a quite stunning image of a statue from blitzway,and now seeing the latest pics we see what I agree is a pretty nice statue but comparing them together...this is worth what? $500...yes tones are there,but the torso doesn't ''pop'' as we were shown..kinda misleading IMO.ON A LIGHTER NOTE...HAIR'S STILL SHORT:lol

my gripe is for $700 we were shown a quite stunning image of a statue from blitzway,and now seeing the latest pics we see what I agree is a pretty nice statue but comparing them together...this is worth what? $500...yes tones are there,but the torso doesn't ''pop'' as we were shown..kinda misleading IMO.ON A LIGHTER NOTE...HAIR'S STILL SHORT:lol

Honestly, I'm starting to think it's more the professional photography that makes the proto look so much better, and there may not be as big of a gap between this and the proto as we may have originally thought.

Correct lighting and a sharp lens can make a statue/figure look much better/more realistic than it really is. Just look at some of the pro shots out there of 1/6 figures. Some of them look like actual movie stills of the actors.

Looking at the pics of the proto again, the body looks mostly one colour on that as well, but correct use of lighting places shadows in the right places, and the sweat effect looks more noticeable.
These latest pics are probably the best we've seen so far, and as I mentioned previously, all sets of pics we've seen so far make this look different.

I do think the sculpt on the body has softened up somewhat, it's not as sharp as the proto, and yes the paint is not as good, but I don't think it's as bad as we originally thought. I think once someone takes some proper, high-res pics of this thing in the correct lighting, it'll surprise a lot of people.

I've lost count the amount of times I've seen pics of Sideshow statues and Hot Toys figures on here that made the product looked horrible, then I seen them in real life and they looked completely different (in a good way).

you may have a point.however when the GOD was first shown I'm sure blitzway used pro shots on that.yet the released version was near exact to what was shown.whereas this does indeed fall short,the muscle structure shown in the proto along with the popping veins are not as apparent in this,the finish seems a lot smoother like bruce has lost the ''ripped'' look.blitzway's own description and looking at this don't really match IMO.again it's only what I think,i'm spending (some) of my money thinking this will be the be all end all BL collectible, yes it's turning out looking better,but not the stunner we were shown and led to believe we would be getting,and not quite the museum piece we first thought.again just my take on it.

you may have a point.however when the GOD was first shown I'm sure blitzway used pro shots on that.yet the released version was near exact to what was shown.whereas this does indeed fall short,the muscle structure shown in the proto along with the popping veins are not as apparent in this,the finish seems a lot smoother like bruce has lost the ''ripped'' look.blitzway's own description and looking at this don't really match IMO.again it's only what I think,i'm spending (some) of my money thinking this will be the be all end all BL collectible, yes it's turning out looking better,but not the stunner we were shown and led to believe we would be getting,and not quite the museum piece we first thought.again just my take on it.

I understand mate, but the GoD statue is mostly covered in clothing, hence why it was easier for Blitzway to get it closer to the proto. They pretty much needed to match the paint for the head sculpt only, as the rest of it is not painted, except for the arms which everyone who has it has told me are just plain with one colour anyway.

Painting a complete body to match the proto was always going to be a lot harder than tailoring some clothing (IMO). Having half the body exposed and painted, it's always difficult to take a photo of it and make it look as good as professional studio shots. This is also apparent with Sideshow statues as well.

You are right though, this statue does appear smoother and looks like Bruce has lost his ripped look, and it was something I mentioned in my post as well. This I kind of expected to be honest. Usually some details are lost when casts are made.

I still think some proper photography and lighting will make the muscle definition much more apparent though. Some statues just don't photograph well.

Of course, I could be wrong, and this could end up being a complete turd in real life, but I'm remaining optimistic and think this will look OK in person.

This looks like a good cartoon version of ETD. Seriously It really looks that way to me. I think they may have compensated the skin tone of the face. To match the body. :slap. Maybe they,ll release the movie version soon.

I understand mate, but the GoD statue is mostly covered in clothing, hence why it was easier for Blitzway to get it closer to the proto. They pretty much needed to match the paint for the head sculpt only, as the rest of it is not painted, except for the arms which everyone who has it has told me are just plain with one colour anyway.

Painting a complete body to match the proto was always going to be a lot harder than tailoring some clothing (IMO). Having half the body exposed and painted, it's always difficult to take a photo of it and make it look as good as professional studio shots. This is also apparent with Sideshow statues as well.

You are right though, this statue does appear smoother and looks like Bruce has lost his ripped look, and it was something I mentioned in my post as well. This I kind of expected to be honest. Usually some details are lost when casts are made.

I still think some proper photography and lighting will make the muscle definition much more apparent though. Some statues just don't photograph well.

Of course, I could be wrong, and this could end up being a complete turd in real life, but I'm remaining optimistic and think this will look OK in person.

Ok but Blitzway worked more than a year to make the ETD!

Since the first images of GOD when it came out you could see the quality and detail of the statue; so do not think pictures can best improve the product!

This looks like a good cartoon version of ETD. Seriously It really looks that way to me. I think they may have compensated the skin tone of the face. To match the body. :slap. Maybe they,ll release the movie version soon.
:lol. :wink1:

Last edited:
Nice find Chris :lol. Just the cartoon version should not be charging us $700 . Grail Movie version yes :monkey3
Ok I think this is not going to be very far off to the GOD statue . Can see side by side pics it isn't,t far off in quality. Inhand I prob still like it but just not going to be a grail piece.
Think the GOD will still be my grail Bruce statue.

Do any one remember these pics ? :lol
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
All kinds of lighting condition and with my cheap IPad and pics did not turn out wax looking or weird :horror

Yes wow Chris did you stain your wooden base? Is much darker? And you got the black and gold BRUCE LEE plaque.

But I guess some of the guys are right GOD had less of the body on show . And the ETD release didn't manage to pull off the realistic skin texture and tone .
The face is good . There no doubt about that.just the skin tone cheapen by sloppy paint cuts did any see the size of the cut on the back . Did King Kong scratch
Bruce in the back h. the back should match the chest cuts aha and pitch forked his abs :rotfl

it's just the lighting buddy,the plaque is the bronze one,i had thought of staining the base,and redo the eyes but never bothered.lighting does play a factor,but even these pics show how good it turned out,ooh bruce with ''big hair'':lol,goes with the extra large claw han used on BL back nice find,not a bad choice of resemblance.
I wont argue regarding the poor paint on the GOD body,or even the poor seam,both are covered.
had we been shown what looks like the final product rather than the proto pic,perhaps this would be more favourable.that stunning advertising photo still burns in my mind..dam you blitzway:mad:
just checked the slashes on his back (had to pause the movie) they are too high off angle and way too wide on this.feel free to check:wink1:
just for you desisandy:)

Last edited:
The claw marks on this piece really leave you feeling like they were an afterthought- they even give you Hans claw to measure them with :lol dont know what they were thinking

Back