Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish companies would just leave the claw marks off their EtD statues.
Its easier to add them than take them off.
And without them it still works for the start of the finale scene ....plus they could include white tops (or we could customize) for different looks ....

Could be wrong but some of those claw marks may actually be decals. In some of the earlier close ups there appeared to be a clear film around the red paint and the claw marks appear almost identical in each statue shown so that would support this theory. Hopefully this is the case so those wanting to repaint more accurate cuts may do so.

171053qz18sdded0m0l1dz_zpsq5joonqp.jpg

so it's bye bye GOD and hello ETD then SAB?.it will no doubt look good on a shelf,and next to my GOD.however if we are honest,and understand that some details are lost between prototype and production,it's still not the statue the we PO'd and were excited about,down to shall we say blitzway's not so honest marketing.

Could be wrong but some of those claw marks may actually be decals. In some of the earlier close ups there appeared to be a clear film around the red paint and the claw marks appear almost identical in each statue shown so that would support this theory. Hopefully this is the case so those wanting to repaint more accurate cuts may do so.

171053qz18sdded0m0l1dz_zpsq5joonqp.jpg
I've just emailed blitzway on this matter...let's see what happens.

Without comparing it to the proto, that looks quite good. Will be that much more impressive in person I think.

I think the majority of the differences are gonna be in the paint app. Veins are all still there, striations still look like theyre there, just not being brought out to the proto degree. As far as vs GOD goes, I still prefer most everything about this one, and that reason alone somewhat justifies the cost- to me if this shouldn't be over $500, the GOD really shouldn't be either :dunno

Really? Can you show us a picture where you can see striations?

Agreed. Each new pic is now showing pretty much what the finished piece is. These show the skin tan looking more natural, but it's still pretty much one tone all over. Just wish the hair was better done, it doesn't look ETD. But yeah, it's no proto. A huge gap between that and this finished piece.

And I actually feel the GOD statue has more of a museum display feel about it while this feels more like a big toy for some reason.

I think it is a combination of an average paint job and that the eyes appear bigger on the final product, thus making him look more toy like. The eyes appeared smaller on the prototype and thus, more realistic. Also since only the head and arms were painted on the GOD, since the rest of it was covered up by clothes, made it look more high quality.

New pics guys!!!! :panic: :panic: and I haven't cancelled my order yet! :lol :lol what do you think? Better right?!

c7a898eb023d2e5daea7c2420a409222.jpg

811e2e9d3355a221eda017b818dc5fe7.jpg

647f99c33723bc57473c8b26471e02a6.jpg

49e07795dda740805a035e3ca5757869.jpg

fd4dcfef92378e0137d6b8ef67dc8adc.jpg

43e244ab3631b1638906289e34737161.jpg

852bda909f39f7e1bb8a7a6acacec71a.jpg

You tying to convince us or yourself Andy? Still looks the same to me and that is just a bigger EB ETD statue, which is certainly not bad but not high quality either IMO.

I like what it looks like from a distance but up close the sculpt looks very toy like. Nevertheless, still a trade up from the HD1002.

Last edited:
These companies remind me of high end audio where people think a higher price automatically gives something high end status, but the quality isn't quite there. The claw marks are pretty bad on the chest, but the biggest issue for me might not bother others. Its the hands, they look like toy hands, no sense of space between the fingers and fist. Look at the proto and then this, one looks like a statue hand the other like a toy. Likeness is quite good though. I would love to own it, but the prices necessitate proto quality for me to jump on board, we as collectors are settling way too much imho.

These companies remind me of high end audio where people think a higher price automatically gives something high end status, but the quality isn't quite there. The claw marks are pretty bad on the chest, but the biggest issue for me might not bother others. Its the hands, they look like toy hands, no sense of space between the fingers and fist. Look at the proto and then this, one looks like a statue hand the other like a toy.

Wow you are right, I never noticed that! :horror

Likeness is quite good though. I would love to own it, but the prices necessitate proto quality for me to jump on board, we as collectors are settling way too much imho.

It's mainly because we don't have a choice, since there is no one making a similar product and thus, our desire to own something outweighs obvious faults that do not make this a high quality statue. So we accept this and pay the price because we would rather have the statue (faults and all) than not to have the statue at all. :(

Nice find Andy and thanks for posting.!! Best clear pic so far.
Nice find too Chris lol at kong Han . Am thinking more like Swiss army Han , how else would Bruce get these random size of scars :lol
But these clear pics just shows up the bad sweat application . I not see it bother anyone ? But I not mentioned it much. Cause the scars bothered me more.
Well the sweat is sloppy also. And not very well scaled . Drops of sweats on face looks weird to me . Blobs of sweat? I,ll be kind and not put anyone off. And call it gel like on his face. Not looking beads of sweat to me anyway. Streaks of sweat running down body ? geeeesss looks like snail trails :slap And these clear pics show up the sloppy work again no quality on the application . But skin looks better though :lol.
The sweat blobs on arm who the fook,,,ing pass this QC check? Maybe no QC check ? :dunnoimage.jpg

Like Steve said a more expensive upgrade to the HD1002.that has a more iconic pose though.. it is what it is. To be honest I'm tired of Moaning about it. And I'll be happy when in hand. I can b@@@ h to myself then. He he

I actually think it looks better in these latest pics (skin tone looks more natural and body looks better overall). Not perfect, but a lot better than what we were seeing earlier.

Still not 100% convinced, but I'm definitely feeling better about it. I'm leaning towards keeping my pre-order at this stage.

I actually think it looks better in these latest pics (skin tone looks more natural and body looks better overall). Not perfect, but a lot better than what we were seeing earlier.

I agree the skin tone looks more natural as he doesn't look yellow or orange but what do you think is better about the body?

Still not 100% convinced, but I'm definitely feeling better about it. I'm leaning towards keeping my pre-order at this stage.

Yeah still on the fence here to, at least you can see it in hand before you buy it though right?

I think it is a combination of an average paint job and that the eyes appear bigger on the final product, thus making him look more toy like. The eyes appeared smaller on the prototype and thus, more realistic. Also since only the head and arms were painted on the GOD, since the rest of it was covered up by clothes, made it look more high quality.

Yeah, the eyes are helping with the toy-like appearance. I think the hair is also, looks a bit bowl-like from directly front on. Not as convincing as the GOD hair.
Agree that the distance shots make it appear not too bad, but as soon as you get the close ups it just looks more like a caricature.
The close ups of the GOD facial features feel much more realistic and less cartoony.

Yep, the sweat applications are looking pretty sloppy on some of these, almost suggests blobs of glue or something - not running sweat.

Actually I take back on the QC . I think that was how they wanted to applied the sweaty arm blobs. Cause I noticed it on pics before but I brushed it off as bad pics. :slap. My mistake :lol

I agree the skin tone looks more natural as he doesn't look yellow or orange but what do you think is better about the body?

Hey bro, long time no speak :)

The details in the body appear more apparent to me (muscle tone, sweat effect, etc). In some of the earlier pics, the body looked very flat/smooth, and lacked detail, whereas now, it looks like the detail is there, even with these overexposed pics. I'm feeling like this will look a lot better in real life, and it's probably a piece that doesn't photograph well (unless taken by someone who knows what they're doing, and with a decent camera).

Yeah still on the fence here to, at least you can see it in hand before you buy it though right?

Yep, lucky for me I'm in Victoria so I can visit Popcultcha and see this in person before paying. It means I'll have to cancel my order though, as they'll post it to me once it arrives.

If I'm still not convinced by the time this arrives at Popcultcha, I'll cancel my order and make a trip to the shop and check it out in person.

I do wish this I could see this piece in real life right now lol, these pictures are just frustrating me. If it does arrive at PC soon and I get to see this in hand and it looks good, I'll be sure to take some proper pics of it.

If it does arrive at PC soon and I get to see this in hand and it looks good, I'll be sure to take some proper pics of it.

Sounds good to me as I won't get a chance to see it in the flesh either. I'm not holding out much hope though. Every pic (although slightly more detail is coming through in the non-overexposed shots) shows the same thing to me - a completely different statue to what was marketed.

With my cost of 1/5 of this I'll take him. Sweaty blobs. Cropped hair and big eyes. Better than the HD1002.but it should be at the price.

Back