Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hair looks really short.needs some voloume too seems one colour unless the tones are not getting picked up?
that jaw/head seam could have been done better(a lot better).not sure how accurate those shoulder cuts are either,dunno I get an early arnie kim figure look from 5/6 years ago...could just be me.but let's be honest,even though it looks better it's nowhere near the proto.

It's pretty laughable Chris. They are not even close. I'm not sure how you can advertise with those proto shots and then deliver this. It's completely misleading. I mean, if I had been one of the early receivers of this, I would have gone through the roof after un-boxing it and would think surely there was some sort of mistake. Either Arnie or someone at Blitzway or whoever gets to keep that proto, at least has one definitive, mind blowing statue of ETD. I'm grateful for these pics coming out because they have saved me a fair wad of cash.

224.jpg

skin looks really soft like wax

lol! Wax is right, dude. Hey to cover all that up, maybe Blitzway can make & tailor the white shirt he wore when he fought O'Hara, since a select few in here think it's so easy to do.

That seam along the jaw line - yuk! Looks horrible. Even the skin tones look different. I had a feeling that attaching a PVC head to a polystone body would look really obvious at the join.

As for the sculpt itself, I'm actually really happy with it and think it looks great, but the body looks lifeless and very plain. It's strange though, as it's looked different in all pics I've seen of it so far. Some of the previous shots looked very yellow. The shot next to the GoD statue looks the most natural I have seen it so far, and this latest close up shot the body looks very pale with no detail.

I think this one needs to be seen in person to get an accurate idea of what it really looks like, or someone who actually knows how to use a camera needs to take better pics.

As it stands though, I'm pretty disappointed, and will most likely bail on my order (unless some proper pictures come out that blow me away).

hate to say it but it's official :( I'm gonna cancel my EX pre order :( this was supposed to be my definitive Bruce Lee piece but looks like that will be something i will still have to wait for :( I'm cancelling due to a few things, the inhand pics that we've seen so far just haven't impressed me at all, if anything its been a bit of a let down to be honest and this after Blitzway did such a fantastic job on their Bruce GOD statue :dunno I've also got a number of other pre orders and projects coming up this year that will also have to take priority over this piece too so the extra money will come in handy.

Really sorry for the majority of collectors who have this on order :( I'm hoping the next batch of inhand pics can at least bring some positivity back into this thread but in all honesty, the pics we've seen so far have not been badly taken pictures (that you usually get when the first set of inhand pics come in) so I cant see how this piece can look any better from what we've already seen so far :dunno

I think most people have already commented on what areas of this piece is disappointing...for me, its just the lack of detailing on the skin that bugs the hell out of me! No shading to bring out the defination of the muscles (which is so important for a Bruce Lee statue) his physique is such an integral part of the Bruce Lee image and to not enhance those features just cheapens the overall piece...

I really want to be positive about this guys so I hope I'm made to regret my decision of cancelling and that you all get an awesome Bruce Lee piece :)

well said andy:clap.to me when blitzway promo'd GOD I said there were a few niggles,but they delivered an almost exact piece.and I'm really pleased I got him.:)
but with this,no amount of lighting or pro camera's etc is going to get this anywhere near proto quality.blitzway should be sued under the trade description act:mad:.it falls short of GOD and that was $100 cheaper,yes I know one piece body etc,but looking at it as someone said stick a white top on him.that head seam is no better than the HD1002(body sculpt isn't much either) and that only cost $150..even going up in scale.is this worth 4 times that.i feel really lucky this is only costing me the initial deposit,but most of you guys must be really miffed at blitzway.
''This new version has been produced with even higher standards of realism. Having learnt from the production of our first statue we are confident that this new one will be the very best Bruce Lee statue EVER produced, showcasing even greater standards of realism and subtlety.

You will be so impressed with the realism. You will feel like you are face to face with a scaled facsimile of the real man, about to spring into action with his iconic battle cries'' obviously meant for the lucky so and so who's got the proto!!
I'd still say if you can find a GOD andy seriously think about getting one.......or wait until this drops in price:lol
nice find shoo,but I'm not convinced,i bet it's a production flaw.they can make detail like that..but screw the rest up..i'll say neck/head seam...that about says it .

hate to say it but it's official :( I'm gonna cancel my EX pre order :( this was supposed to be my definitive Bruce Lee piece but looks like that will be something i will still have to wait for :( I'm cancelling due to a few things, the inhand pics that we've seen so far just haven't impressed me at all, if anything its been a bit of a let down to be honest and this after Blitzway did such a fantastic job on their Bruce GOD statue :dunno I've also got a number of other pre orders and projects coming up this year that will also have to take priority over this piece too so the extra money will come in handy.

Really sorry for the majority of collectors who have this on order :( I'm hoping the next batch of inhand pics can at least bring some positivity back into this thread but in all honesty, the pics we've seen so far have not been badly taken pictures (that you usually get when the first set of inhand pics come in) so I cant see how this piece can look any better from what we've already seen so far :dunno

I think most people have already commented on what areas of this piece is disappointing...for me, its just the lack of detailing on the skin that bugs the hell out of me! No shading to bring out the defination of the muscles (which is so important for a Bruce Lee statue) his physique is such an integral part of the Bruce Lee image and to not enhance those features just cheapens the overall piece...

:exactly:

Just reminds me of the MOS PVC statue, which also lacks muscle definition detail compared to the polystone proto and just looks like a big rubber figure.

I really want to be positive about this guys so I hope I'm made to regret my decision of cancelling and that you all get an awesome Bruce Lee piece :)

Don't think that will be the case Andy, but I am still on the fence though.

Aaand the oracle says: Beats me. Some people do have them, I guess.

Necklines_131_B.jpg

Yeah but the proto didn't have them.

well said andy:clap.to me when blitzway promo'd GOD I said there were a few niggles,but they delivered an almost exact piece.and I'm really pleased I got him.:)
but with this,no amount of lighting or pro camera's etc is going to get this anywhere near proto quality.blitzway should be sued under the trade description act:mad:.it falls short of GOD and that was $100 cheaper,yes I know one piece body etc,but looking at it as someone said stick a white top on him.that head seam is no better than the HD1002(body sculpt isn't much either) and that only cost $150..even going up in scale.is this worth 4 times that.i feel really lucky this is only costing me the initial deposit,but most of you guys must be really miffed at blitzway.

Well TBF the paint job was nothing like the proto, but everything else was pretty much spot on! Like others have said, this ETD statue has so many discrepancies that you would think it was a different statue to the proto.

''This new version has been produced with even higher standards of realism. Having learnt from the production of our first statue we are confident that this new one will be the very best Bruce Lee statue EVER produced, showcasing even greater standards of realism and subtlety. You will be so impressed with the realism. You will feel like you are face to face with a scaled facsimile of the real man, about to spring into action with his iconic battle cries'' obviously meant for the lucky so and so who's got the proto!!

Wow Blitzway totally delivered the complete opposite to what they promise to deliver, especially when they mention realism, which I find this statue totally lacks that and looks like a toy.:horror

I'd still say if you can find a GOD andy seriously think about getting one.......or wait until this drops in price:lol
nice find shoo,but I'm not convinced,i bet it's a production flaw.they can make detail like that..but screw the rest up..i'll say neck/head seam...that about says it .

Well that would explain why they are not on the proto then.

Yeah but the proto didn't have them.

No, the proto did have them as well.

13_BW_BruceLeeEtD__BW_Banner2_zps0740ae1f.jpg

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_12_zps6a985cf9.jpg

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_15_zps603e3e16.jpg

Come on guys, I'm as disappointed as you are with the way the definition seems to have turned out, and like you I'm seriously considering canceling, but you oughta be fair. I mean, it's like what Chris posted on SF:

enterbay HD1002 anyone..oh sorry this is the 4 times more expensive blitzway statue...

that's what I call a really well hidden seam.:banghead:

We knew all along there had to be a seam, given the nature of the statue. And that's actually the best way we could realistically hope for it to be. You're asking for the impossible if you want to have it more well hidden than that.

I did say ''almost'' steve:lol.I can see many collectors cancelling this.i think the expectations of the promo made people think ''holy ****''
then the not so flattering in hand pics show up and the differences are too obvious..if they had gotten the body sculpture and muscle toning as near to the proto,then that could be forgiveable,and surely they could have blended that seam much better to the neck, some filler etc like in a car body repair then blend the paint,it should be part of the course for a skilled artist.jeez my mate did the same thing with some model kits,and he's a normal everyday guy those lines on the proto are where I first thought the neck was joined,and they don't look like natural lines. this seems to be going downhill for a lot of collectors..now someone who has this in hand,make a video with a honest review..pleeeease.

Last edited:
and surely they could have blended that seam much better to the neck

I really don't see how, short of having a real life Photoshop smudge tool. :p

But yeah, here's hoping for a YouTube review soon.

Edit: Ah, I see you edited your post, you clever, you. ^_^

This.
That's a sculpt that looks like a film still.
A dream that has turned out too good to be true.
Seriously thinking about getting my hands on a GOD now.

that's what the buttons for shoo :lol.being serious for a minute,for a high end collectible the seam could have been filled and the paint blended better IMO.i know it's a rear shot and it wont be visible,but the 1002 is about 5/6 years old which has the same type,and things have moved on the the statue world,so it seems a bit off to see something like that,for the cost it should have been done better.what's the betting under the pants have been done like the GOD body also.going by blitzway's article,it doesn't really match up to the description.

This.
oooh look muscle texture,popping veins,skin like facial features with 12 o'clock shadow as it should be.....I could go on:lol

For those that have GOD...
After being in your collection for awhile now, would it still be the centrepiece?
Is it worth the asking price?
Havent seen one in the flesh so hard to judge from photos the 'real life' presence.

My thoughts are going back to that statue after holding out for ETD and the resulting obvious let down.

No, the proto did have them as well.

13_BW_BruceLeeEtD__BW_Banner2_zps0740ae1f.jpg

BruceleeVer2_BLITZWAY_12_zps6a985cf9.jpg

Oh well there you go, they look weird nevertheless, they just look like scratches and not something that should be there, regardless if some people have something similar on their necks.

Come on guys, I'm as disappointed as you are with the way the definition seems to have turned out, and like you I'm seriously considering canceling, but you oughta be fair. I mean, it's like what Chris posted on SF:

What did he post on SF?

We knew all along there had to be a seam, given the nature of the statue. And that's actually the best way we could realistically hope for it to be. You're asking for the impossible if you want to have it more well hidden than that.

The seam is the least thing that bothers me, just like it doesn't bother me on Hot Toys heads, since you can only see it from certain angles.

I did say ''almost'' steve:lol.I can see many collectors cancelling this.i think the expectations of the promo made people think ''holy ****''
then the not so flattering in hand pics show up and the differences are too obvious..

I know, but I still think even almost is way off, the paint job is not very realistic like the proto but it is certainly not bad though and unlike this statue, if you see the GOD one from a distance you would think both the proto and product were the same item.

if they had gotten the body sculpture and muscle toning as near to the proto,then that could be forgiveable,and surely they could have blended that seam much better to the neck, some filler etc like in a car body repair then blend the paint,it should be part of the course for a skilled artist.jeez my mate did the same thing with some model kits,and he's a normal everyday guy those lines on the proto are where I first thought the neck was joined,and they don't look like natural lines. this seems to be going downhill for a lot of collectors..now someone who has this in hand,make a video with a honest review..pleeeease.

I agree, even with it's a so so paint job, if it had those details you mentioned this would of been acceptable.

This.

I was just thinking, this statue might actually end up making more sales for the GOD one. Oh the irony. :lol

that's what the buttons for shoo :lol.being serious for a minute,for a high end collectible the seam could have been filled and the paint blended better IMO.i know it's a rear shot and it wont be visible,but the 1002 is about 5/6 years old which has the same type,and things have moved on the the statue world,so it seems a bit off to see something like that,for the cost it should have been done better.what's the betting under the pants have been done like the GOD body also.going by blitzway's article,it doesn't really match up to the description.

Yeah although the seam doesn't bother me, they could of hidden it better because like you said this is a high end collectable and they should of put as much effort into this as they could but instead it looks like they put the least amount of effort in. :(

Last edited:
me personaly,even though I did feel a few little things were wrong with GOD.really am glad I got it.and yes it's the centre piece of my not so small BL collection.
hence the disappointment (for me) with the result of this one.should you go with that or this? maybe wait a bit longer and see if someone can show an honest review of this before deciding.i when I get this will give an honest opinion as this will be may last BL I believe.the choice should be yours in the end,and I was shocked at the price of GOD at first,but yeah it's worth it.
regarding SF.check near the bottom on page 65 here steve:wink1:

me personaly,even though I did feel a few little things were wrong with GOD.really am glad I got it.and yes it's the centre piece of my not so small BL collection.
hence the disappointment (for me) with the result of this one.should you go with that or this? maybe wait a bit longer and see if someone can show an honest review of this before deciding.i when I get this will give an honest opinion as this will be may last BL I believe.the choice should be yours in the end,and I was shocked at the price of GOD at first,but yeah it's worth it.
regarding SF.check near the bottom on page 65 here steve:wink1:

Ok the way Shoo constructed that sentence, I thought Shoo was saying that something positive about what you said but I now see Shoo just put a direct quote from SF and I see it mentions how much you hate that seam.

Cool, thanks for the honesty.
Yeah look forward to your ETD review.
I can't see this magically transforming under different lighting or new photos.
There has been plenty already, albeit less than studio shots, and lots of close up pics where you can see what is going on....or not, as is the case with this.
Apart from the soft detailing, the structural changes are enough of a put off for me anyway.

Back