Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I think this is it too. My daughter for example has never been interested in the MCU. However, with shows like WandaVision, Hawkeye and Ms Marvel, she now enjoys the MCU. This hasn't change things for my son (he still liked the shows that are centered towards the ladies).

Yes I think this is it too. My daughter for example has never been interested in the MCU. However, with shows like WandaVision, Hawkeye and Ms Marvel, she now enjoys the MCU. This hasn't change things for my son (he still liked the shows that are centered towards the ladies).
Probably what the bean counters hoped for. That the male audience would remain - since there are always strong male characters and cool vehicles, but you could license female superhero bedroom sets, dolls, party supplies, Halloween costumes, backpacks, etc. Dress your baby girl up like Wonder Woman.

Plus the "original" MCU audience has aged 10 years or so. Gotta keep folks interested and the next generation spending $$$. 😁.

It's always a gamble tho. Mulan didn't take compared to the original. Dunno how a kid feels, but all this MCU bad writing doesn't get me invested. Like with Eternals - it's not like I thought it was terrible, I just didn't feel anything. I don't feel any raging anticipation over at least 3, from the looks of it, females kicking butt in BP. That kind of thing HAS been done before. But it could be awesome, if they get the choreography right, and it's not a forced action sequence like the girl power EG scene.:pfft:

I won’t boycott but I understand those that do. It’s borderline disrespectful. No other hero would have gotten a one and done like this. Again Chadwick wouldn’t have wanted this.

Found the right guy to recast T'challa.

20220804_010329.jpg

"I'm not dead!"

Last edited:
Plus the "original" MCU audience has aged 10 years or so. Gotta keep folks interested and the next generation spending $$$. 😁.
I'm 44. The Infinity Gauntlet saga was the center of my comic book collecting days, so the MCU's representation of it had the most of my attention. Now that that is over, my attention has waned a little bit because for stuff like Ms. Marvel, any Young Avengers stuff, and the like, I just don't have the emotional connection to it. If/When the X-Men get brought in, I'm sure that will change.

That said, I'm looking forward to this because it visually looks impressive, and I can't wait to see Namor. I'm disappointed that Shuri will be the new BP, but because she's been terribly written as a Mary Sue, not because she's female. Okoye, Nakia, and M'Baku are all great. I can look past one annoyance and enjoy the rest of the movie's parts.

Not that Tatum is the most rational, ...but really?

Does she also have no idea...
6pwxum.jpg

Last edited:
Wait is that true :horror

He’s had two films at the top of the lifetime gross list with Avatar and Titanic till they were unseated by The Force Awakens, Endgame, No Way Home, Black Panther, Infinity War, and now Top Gun: Maverick.

Still quite an accomplishment. They all tend to be outwardly gracious when these things happen.

But I’m sure he’s plotting his revenge. It’s probably his supervillain origin story where he’ll try to turn everyone into blue cat people like Lizard in TASM.

He’s had two films at the top of the lifetime gross list with Avatar and Titanic till they were unseated by The Force Awakens, Endgame, No Way Home, Black Panther, Infinity War, and now Top Gun: Maverick.

Still quite an accomplishment. They all tend to be outwardly gracious when these things happen.
He wasn't even outwardly gracious when EG topped Avatar's global. He congratulated Feige while refusing to make any mention of the Russo Bros, the first time any director of a #1 film didn't directly praise the director of the film that topped it. He also constantly minimized EG's accomplishment, calling it "an accounting error" due to the slim margin with which it surpassed Avatar, all the while seething with rage as he fast-tracked a Chinese re-release (the only country that cares about his movie) so that he could retake the top spot and soothe his mortally wounded ego.

He wasn't even outwardly gracious when EG topped Avatar's global. He congratulated Feige while refusing to make any mention of the Russo Bros, the first time any director of a #1 film didn't directly praise the director of the film that topped it. He also constantly minimized EG's accomplishment, calling it "an accounting error" due to the slim margin with which it surpassed Avatar, all the while seething with rage as he fast-tracked a Chinese re-release (the only country that cares about his movie) so that he could retake the top spot and soothe his mortally wounded ego.

I agree, which is what I was alluding to. I could’ve specified pretense of being gracious in his case specifically, but I don’t want to be turned into a blue cat person by getting on his bad side.

Back