Black Panther Wakanda Forever - November 11, 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sokovia who….

We are in the Multiverse saga those accords are very far in our rear view mirror.

This movie ultimately falls flat at addressing what phase 4 was all about.
Isn't Phase 4 was all about the aftermath of Endgame and laying down the groundwork for the Multiverse Saga? I think this dealt with the aftermath of EG rather well IMO. It also lays the possibility of having

Spoiler Spoiler:

I watched a camrip. I'm here to complain about Manletmor. Nothing else grabbed me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Me, I'm buying a stealth AquaMomoa from Aquaman 2 next year and using him as a stand-in for my Namor. I was debating to wait in case Manletmor appears again with one of the comic costumes, but it's looking unlikely and even then I'd have to try and find an extra HS to fit Namor (so basically Keanu is my only option) then try to swap parts around, so it'd generally be too much of a hassle. Stealth AquaMomoa looks just fine, and I'll put him in the back of my Illuminati display so that his boots and lack of ankle wings won't be visible. Hell, he literally looks more like Namor, albeit an amalgamation of different looks, than Manletmor does. He's got the 90s/modern hair & beard combo on top of a blue/black/silver scale-like outfit, similar to what Namor's been wearing for the last 2 decades or so.

aquaman_2_costume_blue_stealth_suit_crop_1630919912888.jpg

tumblr_inline_p3qh6q9LNa1ugaw5b_540.jpg
D4wpTnbX4AEomZN

tumblr_inline_ppaxfkiAjZ1ugaw5b_1280.png
ddxn7no-8a16c6e9-ce8e-4a72-8879-cb72430c874d.png

It's good enough for me. Momoa's always had the Namor look, especially due to the eyebrows. If Snyder hadn't grabbed him, he'd have been a sure contender for the role due to Drogo. We'd have gotten a much more warrior-like Namor I imagine. So in a way it works, considering they changed Aquaman into more of a Namor type anyhow. The Stealth look being similar to Namor's usual looks is just a happy cosmic coincidence for me. Maybe I'll add some random vambrances/gauntlets or something, or an armoured piece on the shoulders if I find anything on the aftermarket, to create an amalgamation of all of his looks. We'll see. Aquaman 2's coming out next December, so I'll have to wait a full year before such a figure might go up for PO. And then I'll have to choose between HT and IA, but I'll be sticking with sculpted hair regardless, because a rooted AquaMomoa will look off next to the rest of my Illuminati with their sculpted hair.

I watched a camrip. I'm here to complain about Manletmor. Nothing else grabbed me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Me, I'm buying a stealth AquaMomoa from Aquaman 2 next year and using him as a stand-in for my Namor. I was debating to wait in case Manletmor appears again with one of the comic costumes, but it's looking unlikely and even then I'd have to try and find an extra HS to fit Namor (so basically Keanu is my only option) then try to swap parts around, so it'd generally be too much of a hassle. Stealth AquaMomoa looks just fine, and I'll put him in the back of my Illuminati display so that his boots and lack of ankle wings won't be visible. Hell, he literally looks more like Namor, albeit an amalgamation of different looks, than Manletmor does. He's got the 90s/modern hair & beard combo on top of a blue/black/silver scale-like outfit, similar to what Namor's been wearing for the last 2 decades or so.

aquaman_2_costume_blue_stealth_suit_crop_1630919912888.jpg

tumblr_inline_p3qh6q9LNa1ugaw5b_540.jpg
D4wpTnbX4AEomZN

tumblr_inline_ppaxfkiAjZ1ugaw5b_1280.png
ddxn7no-8a16c6e9-ce8e-4a72-8879-cb72430c874d.png

It's good enough for me. Momoa's always had the Namor look, especially due to the eyebrows. If Snyder hadn't grabbed him, he'd have been a sure contender for the role due to Drogo. We'd have gotten a much more warrior-like Namor I imagine. So in a way it works, considering they changed Aquaman into more of a Namor type anyhow. The Stealth look being similar to Namor's usual looks is just a happy cosmic coincidence for me. Maybe I'll add some random vambrances/gauntlets or something, or an armoured piece on the shoulders if I find anything on the aftermarket, to create an amalgamation of all of his looks. We'll see. Aquaman 2's coming out next December, so I'll have to wait a full year before such a figure might go up for PO. And then I'll have to choose between HT and IA, but I'll be sticking with sculpted hair regardless, because a rooted AquaMomoa will look off next to the rest of my Illuminati with their sculpted hair.
I understand why they deviated from comic Namor though. It's because most of what you said above was done in mainstream via the DCEU Aquaman. When my son first saw Namor, he called him "Dollar Store Aquaman". Because Aquaman was shown first, he thinks Namor was the rip-off. If they followed the story like you said above, then he would have definitely become discount Aquaman for the masses.

The fact you plan on getting an Aquaman figure to stand in for Namor fortifies the discount Aquaman sentiment.

You are right, this Namor was an OC movie character with no relation to the comic Namor. I think that's OK though.

On another note, since Talocan is in the Yucatan (based on the caves they showed), does this mean the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs was a Vibranium meteor? :D

I understand why they deviated from comic Namor though. It's because most of what you said above was done in mainstream via the DCEU Aquaman. When my son first saw Namor, he called him "Dollar Store Aquaman". Because Aquaman was shown first, he thinks Namor was the rip-off. If they followed the story like you said above, then he would have definitely become discount Aquaman for the masses.

The fact you plan on getting an Aquaman figure to stand in for Namor fortifies the discount Aquaman sentiment.

You are right, this Namor was an OC movie character with no relation to the comic Namor. I think that's OK though.

On another note, since Talocan is in the Yucatan (based on the caves they showed), does this mean the asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs was a Vibranium meteor? :D
Sure, I get why they did it. The DCEU Namor-fied Aquaman so Marvel had to either try very hard and blow DC's Atlantis out of the water, or they could do something else. They chose the latter and it's so different that it's not even the same character. I've said it before, but if they wanted Black Panther: Native American/MesoAmerican Version, they could've easily reworked White Tiger into that. Why ruin Namor in the process? As a detached OC I like Manletmor, if I let go of all my expectations of what Namor should be, and see this guy as a wholly new character. But it grinds my gears, you know? They could've easily done Namor properly and painted him as an unapologetic imperialist, a threat from the deep. No misunderstood hero nonsense, just a millenias old, dormant culture filled with magic and ancient science rising from the depths to take over the world. That Namor would stand out next to Momoa's dudebro Aquaman. I'll be buying an Aquamomoa as a stand-in, sure, but just for the appearance and because it's the best I'll be able to get. The MCU could've done Namor properly and had him stand out next to Aquaman, but they just didn't want to. And as I've said before, they could've gone with a Proto-Egyptian aesthetic ala Nadia, which would've been different and still accurate. But they didn't.

Either way, it is what it is. In a vacuum, it's a nice enough character and new origin. It just irks me as a fan of the original. I'll get my Stealth Aquamomoa AKA 90s x 00s Namor, stick him in the back of my Illuminati, and I'll move on. If anyone's found a new favourite in the MCU Ku'Kul'Kan character, sure, more power to them. But I think as far as aquatic races of 2022 go, Cameron's Alien Blue Cats will blow the Talocanil out of the water, since the movie really didn't spend all that much time with them. Attuma was the highlight I thought. I would actually be pretty tempted by an HT Attuma figure (if HT made him, which is unlikely, and if I had cash to spare and a place to put him...). Maybe they should do a D+ show with Attuma as an underwater Conan exploring the deep. Dunno, I think an MCU Talocan flick could be pretty cool, but I don't see them doing it. It'd be too costly and Avatar 2, regardless of its quality as a film, will be the best aquatic adventure in a long while, whereas the MCU is struggling with basic CGI as is.

Last edited:
Sure, I get why they did it. The DCEU Namor-fied Aquaman so Marvel had to either try very hard and blow DC's Atlantis out of the water, or they could do something else. They chose the latter and it's so different that it's not even the same character. I've said it before, but if they wanted Black Panther: Native American Version, they could've easily reworked White Tiger into that. Why ruin Namor in the process? As a detached OC I like Manletmor, if I let go of all my expectations of what Namor should be, and see this guy as a wholly new character. But it grinds my gears, you know? They could've easily done Namor properly and painted him as an unapologetic imperialist, a threat from the deep. No misunderstood hero nonsense, just a millenias old, dormant culture filled with magic and ancient science rising from the depths to take over the world. That Namor would stand out next to Momoa's dudebro Aquaman. I'll be buying an Aquamomoa as a stand-in, sure, but just for the appearance and because it's the best I'll be able to get. The MCU could've done Namor properly and had him stand out next to Aquaman, but they just didn't want to. And as I've said before, they could've gone with a Proto-Egyptian aesthetic ala Nadia, which would've been different and still accurate. But they didn't.

Either way, it is what it is. In a vacuum, it's a nice enough character and new origin. It just irks me as a fan of the original. I'll get my Stealth Aquamomoa AKA 90s x 00s Namor, stick him in the back of my Illuminati, and I'll move on. If anyone's found a new favourite in the MCU Ku'Kul'Kan character, sure, more power to them. But I think as far as aquatic races of 2022 go, Cameron's Alien Blue Cats will blow the Talocanil out of the water, since the movie really didn't spend all that much time with them. Attuma was the highlight I thought. I would actually be pretty tempted by an HT Attuma figure (if HT made him, which is unlikely, and if I had cash to spare and a place to put him...). Maybe they should do a D+ show with Attuma as an underwater Conan exploring the deep. Dunno, I think an MCU Talocan flick could be pretty cool, but I don't see them doing it. It'd be too costly and Avatar 2, regardless of its quality as a film, will be the best aquatic adventure in a long while, whereas the MCU is struggling with basic CGI as is.
Yeah I like him as an OC character indeed.

I don't see him as a misunderstood hero though.

Spoiler Spoiler:

There was really no way to handle the death of Chadwick Boseman in a manner that would make all fans happy about it.

If they did as they've done, by effectively writing him out with dialogue, it will upset some fans that the core character was not recasted. ( Though there are practical considerations here, the MCU overall has burned through A LOT of established actors in their universe and there are a lot of DCEU actors who are too known in their roles there to cross over effectively, who is left in terms of young black male actors established enough to take the role? )

If Coogler and Feige wanted to recast T'Challa, then they risked putting a franchise on an unknown or a possibly fringe actor. A few established actors out there who might fit could avoid the role because if the film bombed, they would be blamed for the franchise dying. This happened to Barry Pepper and Battlefield Earth. He took a lot of the blame for the film failing even though clearly it wasn't his fault. It probably hurt his career very badly.

A "girl power" movie fits into current "modern theme" of the MCU. So Feige would have been criticized and called a bigot if he didn't allow a woman to rise up and become a new Black Panther. Also he'd be called a racist. Someone will say, how in the entire world is that racist if you have a black actor/actress replacing a tragically deceased black actor? Which is a good question. But in today's time, when there is controversy, everyone just gets called a racist now in Hollywood. Someone would go down the production crew list and be upset that more minorities weren't working catering or as cameramen, or whatever. Why would Feige want to deal with any of that?

Since Boseman, again very tragically, had some lead time before he passed on ( i.e. this wasn't a sudden death, clearly Boseman and Feige and Coogler knew this was coming ) , he could have filmed some last scenes that would work as an exit. But many would consider that "ghoulish" or criticize that, i.e. exploiting his death to market the film. Then there was the risk of doing that or a total recast, of having his family and estate complaining and making it a huge scandal in the media.

I don't see a good answer here. I don't see a safe answer. I see Feige taking the "safer-ish" answer given the complex situation. In effect, this is how "new Hollywood" works. Productions are basically held hostage. Make a film this way or avoid this ( and yes, that includes not angering the CCP so a filmed is blocked from release in China) or you'll suffer. The end result is a compromised production and end product.

In any of the variations I listed, keeping it as was made, recasting, or Boseman filming exit scenes, any of it could have worked if there's good writing and you focus on telling a good story. But telling a good story is way down the list of requirements now. First is money, always money. Second is not getting "cancelled". Third is bending the knee to "Woke". Good storytelling is just not a priority over other elements and it makes these valuable IPs suffer for it.
I liked your post because it was so long. :)

Yeah I like him as an OC character indeed.

I don't see him as a misunderstood hero though.

Spoiler Spoiler:
As an OC he's fine. The guy's not a bad actor or anything. He's just too radical a departure from the Namor I know.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Either way, as time moves on and I'm able to divorce him from the character I know, I may even come to enjoy him. But as it stands I can just muster up a "meh" and be glad there'll be a passable-as-Namor-Aquamomoa dolly in the future. Maybe when I add that doll to my collection and cross the name off the list, and there's another MCU Ku'Kul'Kan project to flesh him out, I might change my tune. Theoretically they can still do the Invaders stuff, just without Cap. You could easily make a "Namor" flick with a portion set in the 40s featuring Ku'Kul'Kan and an incarnation of the Invaders against some Thule Society Nazis headed by a comic accurate Von Strucker (make it the AoU one's grandfather or something) and after the Serpent Crown or some such, then move the action to the present day with a modern incarnation of the Invaders against a HYDRA cell headed by the miraculously still alive Von Strucker. You could add a classic, white Fury in there as SLJ Fury's father from the 40s.

There are ways to make him work. Maybe play up his X-Side more. But I don't see this guy ever having anything to do with the FF or Doom, even the Illuminati. He's too low on the global power scale for Doom to need anything from him, the cucking subplot of FF was always cringy, and there's generally nothing to be gained from such ties. But with the X-Men he could work as another fellow mutant, maybe falling to Magneto's side or some such. We'll see. But considering he's the first guy in the MCU to call himself a "mutant", I think they're cooking something up towards that direction. It'll be funny if I end up with a Manletmor dolly in my X-Display (though I doubt it, I'm trying to keep my X-Wants restrained to very few characters lest I fall off the wagon; I'm not even planning to get a Jackverine) next to Apocalypse and Emma Frost.

Regarding IronHeart...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Marvel has failed tremendously.

I’m sitting there STILL waiting for characters to discuss the BIG THINGS that have happened.

Celestial sticking out of the ocean you think Namor would have something to say about that?

Moon Night gods fighting over Egypt, anyone from Wakanda curious about that?

Falcon and Winter Soldier, Ms Marvel dimensional shenanigans?

YET Marvel just keeps adding more big events.

NOTHING adds up.

NOTHING makes sense.

NOTHING matters.

There is NO focus.

It’s a MESS!

Last edited:
Marvel has failed tremendously.

I’m sitting there STILL waiting for characters to discuss the BIG THINGS that have happened.

Celestial sticking out of the ocean you think Namor would have something to say about that?

Wanda’s actions on earth, anyone from the CIA curious about that?

Moon Night gods fighting over Egypt, anyone from Wakanda curious about that?

Falcon and Winter Soldier, Ms Marvel dimensional shenanigans?

YET Marvel just keeps adding more big events.

NOTHING adds up.

NOTHING makes sense.

NOTHING matters.

There is NO focus.

It’s a MESS!
I'm actually starting to think Eternals happened in a different universe.

Was the giant Celestial ever addressed in any of the other films yet? I don't think it was even addressed in any of the other TV shows too?

Phase 4 was sold in the same jigsaw box all the other phases were, as a piece of the puzzle but also a puzzle on its own. It’s fair to say that this phase has utterly failed at that. That box we all got, the pieces don’t fit together at all. They so overtly don’t link that they would be better off separated and that’s the biggest issue for me. It’s not even that I only loved two of their projects, because Phase 2 was rough imo aside from the 2014 double header of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. But Phase 2 was BUILDING. Even if that jigsaw wasn’t wonderful, there was a bigger picture. Something as simple as the Russos being announced to direct Avengers Infinity War at the time was something that mattered. That was a slam dunk call at the time. They made an incredible movie that is still in my top 2-3 MCU movies, and was pretty unanimously praised. Compare that to Shang-Chi’s director taking over Avengers 5. That movie was okay to me until the third act when it went completely off the rails into a CGI mismash in an awful climax. That’s who I should be excited for to direct the Avengers? Also, consider Michael Waldron who wrote an incredibly divisive script for Multiverse of Madness writing Avengers 6. Even if you loved it, the fact was it was extremely divisive. You couldn’t find someone without that baggage?? No longer are Marvel making slam dunk decisions that get a large majority excited. There are literally almost no projects I’m looking forward to in the future in the MCU.

An entire phase and we got no tease of the future Avengers level villains in the movies.

I haven’t watched this movie, I have absolutely no interest in spending the money and time on it in the cinema, but from everything I’ve read, I think so many of the issues of the phase seem present here. There is no torch-bearer, no Iron Man anymore. Perhaps T’Challa could have been that for the whole MCU, but he certainly needed to be for this franchise. Imagine making The Dark Knight without Batman. Leaving this Black Panther franchise to a bunch of B-list side characters is just disappointing. I think that’s the big thing I’d say. The MCU as we knew it is just about over. Which of their franchises are you into? Any characters you’re a fan of? That’s the only question that matters now imo.

And I think everyone agreed to forget Eternals ever happened. Remember when they were hyping that up for Oscars? Couldn’t even get through 30 minutes of that :lol

Regarding IronHeart...

Spoiler Spoiler:
Agree..if she wasn’t in this film..it wouldn’t have mattered..basically Feige said the series of her is coming so let me just introduce her to the audience .

I think if they handled her like Moon Knight , Ms Marvel and She Hulk and just have her appear in the start of her series with no cinema lead in ..it would’ve been better

BTW..If Namor appears in the future which I know he will..say FF…he needs to bulk up :rolleyes:

Basically …let’s face it...no MCU films can capture the strength of the IM, Captain America, Avengers and Spider-man series of films. Even Thor fell on the wayside . I think these set of films worked because these were universally known classic, iconic characters that gave you the real feeling of a comic book superhero plot and flow.

Wakanda is a beautiful film in sending a message but it is what Phase 4 is having a problem with..there is no balance…Phase 4 is either too intense or a comedy or all over the place in structure like DS MoM and Shang Chi ..it is unfortunate that Boseman passed..but this film is not the film you want in a BP film after the first , if there is no male superhero lead in it. I know there is no way Feige and Coogler had seen the flow of this sequel to be originally produced if Boseman was starring in it. It is what it is..and now because there is no way they can recast the role as they chose to, I feel the BP will be forever lost in the MCU.

Perhaps with all due respect to the great Chad Boseman and he can never be replaced..never, for the sake of the MCU moving forward..maybe Feige should tackle the idea of the Multiverse and recast a male BP as part of the Multiverse (meaning a different BP from another dimension ) for future projects . It should be a possibility at least worth considering to at least give purpose to the legendary character again :unsure:

Last edited:
Basically …let’s face it...no MCU films can capture the strength of the IM, Captain America, Avengers and Spider-man series of films. Even Thor fell on the wayside . I think these set of films worked because these were universally known classic, iconic characters that gave you the real feeling of a comic book superhero plot and flow.

Wakanda is a beautiful film in sending a message but it is what Phase 4 is having a problem with..there is no balance…Phase 4 is either too intense or a comedy or all over the place in structure like DS MoM and Shang Chi ..it is unfortunate that Boseman passed..but this film is not the film you want in a BP film after the first , if there is no male superhero lead in it. I know there is no way Feige and Coogler had seen the flow of this sequel to be originally produced if Boseman was starring in it. It is what it is..and now because there is no way they can recast the role as they chose to, I feel the BP will be forever lost in the MCU.

Perhaps with all due respect to the great Chad Boseman and he can never be replaced..never, for the sake of the MCU moving forward..maybe Feige should tackle the idea of the Multiverse and recast a male BP as part of the Multiverse (meaning a different BP from another dimension ) for future projects . It should be a possibility at least worth considering to at least give purpose to the legendary character again :unsure:
Well tho someone was paying attention to what was going on, most of the time. There were some foul-ups there IMO like BP never mentions the world-destroying Ultron and why Wakanda didn't show up....but, in Ultron and IM, there are tidbits about Wakanda.
Falcon briefly mentions "the missing person case" in Ultron....e.g. interconnectivity. Even in IW where Tony accuses Cap of not being there, nodding back to an Ultron interchange.

To me what you describe it just the MCU, starting with Captain Marvel - and much like the later SW series - all goes back to hiring people not invested in the lore, not being experienced writers, and Disney trying too hard to capture the untapped gold mine of diversity/foreign dollars. Teams of younger, cheaper writers with their social messages and bein' clever *wink, wink* and often what shows up is uninspired dribble, sometimes saved by the actors trying really hard. Look at the leaden misstep of Mulan.

It doesn't help when whatever they come up with undermines how we already view characters (Falcon and Winter Soldier, Hulk) or the "new" characters are really just borrowed rehashes of original characters like Ironheart (even if comic accurate, am no fan of what I think of a "piggybacking" since to me it just feels like you couldn't think of something truly original). Then you have writers who forget to tighten it up like Gunn (bathroom humor) and Waititi (excessive). As well as, some of the things that may amuse one audience are insulting to another part of the audience, so now if you are in the audience you more or less, at times, get to sit and be insulted by the director or writer's voice. Just how are Caucasians supposed to feel being called "colonizers" or men being depicted as THE PROBLEM? You sure don't end up with an audience clapping and cheering like at the end of IM1.

IMO Disney was just trying for the potential gold mine of female viewers, and now Latin and Asian markets. Story always suffers if you don't pay attention to that first. As for BP, IMO they should have just recast; or come up with a cousin or something to take over. Chadwick Boseman was a working actor; I doubt he would have wanted to be permanently typecast as T'challa anyway. Chris Evans, Hemsworth all began to chafe under the weight and wanted to do other projects.

Enjoyed it, didn’t love it. It was unbalanced and too long but there was a lot to like in it. The performances were all great, some really beautiful moments, some really epic visuals but yeah with Avatar almost out, just that trailer was more beautiful than most in this film. But …

Bringing in a son just seemed wrong to me and cheapened the film a bit. I thought they handled most of T’Challa’s death sensitively but to have it completely offscreen and not go into any specifics bugged me a bit as well.

A few really outliers for me: really loved Letitia Wright in this, she brought it. Tenoch as well, really awesome and felt like the Namor I grew up with. The CG was fantastic and never had the fake rhino moment for me. Despite all of the Avatar vibes, all of the action was terrific. Loved everything with Ross and Val, the first time I got good vibes with her character. I know nothing about the Riri character and I loved her. But yeah didn’t like the suit.

Last edited:
So, what happened to some people thinking that other actress they all of a sudden started promoting was gonna actually be BP? I guess that turned out to be completely wrong. Shuri the only BP in the film?

Back