Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I think this was probably inevitable, given it was directed by the guy who made Jungle Cruise.

I just hope it doesn't sink our chances of getting that new Cavill Supes movie that's been rumored like crazy recently.

As long as this does well at the box office that’s all that matters.

Also, it has to be said how incredibly strange it is for this Black Adam movie to completely ignore the fact that the character is intrinsically linked to Zachary Levi’s Shazam – to the point where the two share the same powers, transformation word, and lightning bolt logo – and instead make several references to Superman as a rival instead. Considering there’s a second Shazam movie in the works while Superman is pretty much MIA following 2017’s Justice League, that’s a heck of a choice.

Verdict​

Black Adam overindulges to the point where it’s hard to enjoy the DC anti-hero’s debut. It’s packed with undeveloped characters and an excessive number of repetitive action scenes, to the point where its half-baked debate on what it means to be a hero is lost in all the noise. Try as it might to capture lightning in a bottle, Black Adam never manages to find its spark.

Well I can understand why they avoided Shazam since he wouldn't fit tonally with this film at all, but if it's true that he doesn't even get a mention then that would be odd.

Yeah I think this was probably inevitable, given it was directed by the guy who made Jungle Cruise.

I just hope it doesn't sink our chances of getting that new Cavill Supes movie that's been rumored like crazy recently.

I hope so too, although I have zero faith they can pull off a good Superman movie. I couldn't care less if this bombs. Black Adam is one of my favorite villains, but I have no desire to see him portrayed as a goofy anti-hero.

Ah well, did anybody really think this would be anything other than action-eye-candy?
I might go see it in the theatres just for the spectacle, something I stopped doing for MCU movies.

Not the bastion of quality reviewing but slash film gave this 3.5 out of 10.

Oh and Walter Hamada has now officially (and already) left DC films so who knows what other non-magic will come from Zaslav now.

Just watched it. Very cool post credit scene, albeit brief.
It was, and was pleasantly surprised by the choice of theme music. Enjoyed the movie overall, we saw it in 4DX so just about threw my neck out watching it. Brosnan was unsurprisingly the standout, but I liked Hawkman a lot too. 7/10, so while not fantastic, it was a fun couple of hours at the cinema.

Really enjoyed the film. Loved all the action and the overall pace of the movie. As mentioned above, Dr Fate is one of the standouts and I hope they use tha character in other films. I’m wishing for the film to do good financially so we can start getting more DC movies.

Well if this is the future of the DC movies we are in deep trouble. I wasn't expecting much but it is was even worse.. Extremely weak, dumb movie, no real story, no character development, non stop action. Also this is not a Back Adam but a Rock movie. Complete waste of character. Say what you want about Zack Snyder but the dude is a Spielberg compared to this. 5/10

/\OUCH/\

Been revealed that Cavill’s cameo contract was signed over Labor Day weekend and his post credits for Black Adam and the Flash we’re literally shot at the end of September!!!

Nope. I think this is worse.

I still have a second screening of this to sit through next week.... :confused:

Funny I was just talking to a buddy today about this and we both agreed that it was weird to admit we enjoyed a DC film more than any Marvel film this year. He also admitted this bummed him out since his two favorite marvel heroes are Dr. Strange and Thor :lol

Back