Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I'm reading it's a decent opening, but it all depends on what kind of staying power it has.

All I know is I definitely want to go see it again. And not just for the cameo either.

reading that there were 8 or 10 cut sequences from the film to shorten it for more viewings per day and a more kid friendly rating

wonder if they will release a r rated version

ReleaseTheUnCutJohnson lol
Just the extended cut...you know like that NWH type..that will make a reason for people on buying home entertaiment releases.

They almost got their investment back already. Its tracking well enough for them to expand/continue with this storytelling.
Hmm are you certain about that?

200 million budget
120 million marketing

320 million total.

It’s earned 67 domestic, 140 million total worldwide.

The studio keeps 60% so it earned 84 million.

Still has another 236 million just to break even!

I have a secret.

Investors HATE breaking even lol

200 million budget
120 million marketing

320 million total.

I have a secret.

Where did you get $120M marketing budget? Or was that just a ballpark based on industry average?

Well the ending was the typical CGI mess showdown fighting some villain I guess was made up? But the reset was . . . pretty entertaining.

The best thing I liked about it was we finally got a powerful comic book character than wasn't scaled back. He was OP from start to finish. Zero fauks given about collateral damage. And while Black Adam is no longer a pure villain, he didn't really change. He dispatches threats as he sees fit.

Dr. Fate was pretty damn kewl. I hope it isn't the last we see. Bronsan was his typical kewl self and played the role well. Though I'm pretty sure Fate couldn't handle Black Adam on his own.

Hawkman was good. A bit too identical to Falcon though. Not familiar enough on his abilities though to judge too much on his portrayal.

Rainbow Tornado chick was . . . meh. There were plenty of other JSA characters they could have used. Hell, roll out Plastic Man for comic relief instead of making Atom Smasher a clone of MCU Ant-Man.

CGI was nice. It was kewl seeing BA just floating around from afar.

The kids mom and the fat singer. Ugggg. And the army of the dead getting wiped out by them. . . . Some threat . . . I was certain that the kid was going to put on Fate's helmet at the end and destroy the rest of the dead. Glad it didn't happen.

The end credits. Yea. It was Awesome.

So yea, forget what the critics say on the tomato site, Black Adam is worth the watch.

Well the ending was the typical CGI mess showdown fighting some villain I guess was made up? But the reset was . . . pretty entertaining.

The best thing I liked about it was we finally got a powerful comic book character than wasn't scaled back. He was OP from start to finish. Zero fauks given about collateral damage. And while Black Adam is no longer a pure villain, he didn't really change. He dispatches threats as he sees fit.

Dr. Fate was pretty damn kewl. I hope it isn't the last we see. Bronsan was his typical kewl self and played the role well. Though I'm pretty sure Fate couldn't handle Black Adam on his own.

Hawkman was good. A bit too identical to Falcon though. Not familiar enough on his abilities though to judge too much on his portrayal.

Rainbow Tornado chick was . . . meh. There were plenty of other JSA characters they could have used. Hell, roll out Plastic Man for comic relief instead of making Atom Smasher a clone of MCU Ant-Man.

CGI was nice. It was kewl seeing BA just floating around from afar.

The kids mom and the fat singer. Ugggg. And the army of the dead getting wiped out by them. . . . Some threat . . . I was certain that the kid was going to put on Fate's helmet at the end and destroy the rest of the dead. Glad it didn't happen.

The end credits. Yea. It was Awesome.

So yea, forget what the critics say on the tomato site, Black Adam is worth the watch.

I think DC is using characters that people are already somewhat familiar with (Marvel counterpart) to reduce the amount of guess-work audiences have to do.

200 million budget
120 million marketing

320 million total.

I have a secret.

Very true. 99.9% of people outside the industry have ZERO idea how the revenue stream works.

The (basic) rule of thumb is you need to make 3 times your budget to break even. As Jye mentioned, P&A (print and advertising) is insane on these tentpole films, and the distributors DON"T own the theaters, so they (the theaters) have to take their cut - and only once the P&A is covered does the distributors/production see anything.

You could make a $1M film that got picked up by a major distributor, then they decide to spend another 30M on P&A, suddenly your film actually costs $31M. Thems, the harsh facts and the reason 99% of films DON'T make their money back - and the other reason why we don't have anything original anymore because the studios are so risk-adverse because they're all corporation driven without heads of studios having the ability to green light anything without board approval.

So if this thing has a genuine budget of $195, you're talking about nearly 600M before they can start dancing the jig.

Last edited:
Back