Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I see a trailer like this, I always think "why couldn't this be a Superman film?"
From what I've heard WBDiscovery's Zaslav definitely wants Superman off the bench which the previous management (Emmerich) seemed fine with. So I'd expect to see more Superman going forward. At minimum as a tease at the end of this movie, and definitely in Black Adam 2.

Plus some stand alone stuff with Cavill, and JL 2 + 3.

I can’t see Levi and the Rock battling each other in these suits :lol I don’t think I could keep a straight face

Exactly why Zaslav (head of WBD) wants a similar interconnectivity like Marvel. So many more benefits than the old stand alone thinking which Hamada + Emmerich wanted.

That Shazam outfit has always looked ridiculous to me. Sure it might be comic accurate, but they don't put Superman in a suit like in his Edition #1 comic for a reason.

It's a trailer that... exists. Whatever, just give me a Fate dolly, even if I think the costume is lacking (seriously, what's up with that awful asymmetrical helmet). Honestly, I'd rather display it with Brosnan's head and him holding the helmet. Come on, HT, InArt, someone just give me a Nelson... I'd buy a Khalid too if they did his awesome E2 suit:

doctor-fate-vs-wotan-new-52.jpg

Honestly, that's the direction I was hoping they'd go for here, but they went with a modernised classic look. Which is a shame.

As for the movie itself I don't care, and I think the costume would make for a pretty lacking figure. It's just a mass of black pleather with the Rock's head on top. I'm definitely out on that front. The only thing keeping me interested is Fate.
Not only is the helmet weirdly asymmetrical, it's missing eyes. Whyyyy??!!??

Movie Black Adam vs Shazam will never beat this classic superhero matchup

Last edited:
Not only is the helmet weirdly asymmetrical, it's missing eyes. Whyyyy??!!??
I think they're going for a "right side Order/left side Chaos" bit. Hence why one is smooth and the other is assymetrical and with weird shapes.

1654788105391.jpg

I'd get a figure anyhow, but I think I'd rather display it with Brosnan's HS and have him holding the helmet. Maybe someone will get to it between HT and IA. Or maybe if people like Fate in this flick they'll give him a solo or something later down the line.

Looks to me like if you really dig the Rock then you‘re probably going to be happy with this.

Personally, for the promo pics and trailers I just see the Rock wearing a superhero suit. Myself, I’m not really a DJ fan, and I’m unfamiliar with the character tbh. I realize the trailer is just a glimpse but they chose to show looks almost dated in its approach to the genre in a lot of ways. Like this movie seems to be relying on very standard tropes and conventions that were established even two decades ago.

The other thing I notice is that because the Rock is a mediocre actor at best, I get the sense that the movie is going to try to compensate for that deficit by trying to push the Rock’s emotional intensity and charisma to make up for it. But if all I see is the Rock simply doing his usual thing (except maybe emoting more) then for me that’s likely going to fall flat.

Anyway, I honestly don’t really care much about this movie, and I have low expectations about it, so at least maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

I think they're going for a "right side Order/left side Chaos" bit. Hence why one is smooth and the other is assymetrical and with weird shapes.

I'd get a figure anyhow, but I think I'd rather display it with Brosnan's HS and have him holding the helmet. Maybe someone will get to it between HT and IA. Or maybe if people like Fate in this flick they'll give him a solo or something later down the line.
Mmm! Interesting well-thought out point!

I'd still probably get one too. It's not a bad look, just wondered why they went that way.

Mmm! Interesting well-thought out point!

I'd still probably get one too. It's not a bad look, just wondered why they went that way.
It's not my preferable look either, but it's good enough. Besides, the weird helmet gives me an excuse to use the Brosnan HS if it's included in this hypothetical figure. Still, I'm just hoping someone makes a Fate figure so that I can cross him off my list. Here's hoping InArt replaces their Mera with a Fate...

Reviews are coming out...

They're not good.

Biggest complaints seem to be underdeveloped characters and poorly made CGI action scenes.

So if this movie fails will we get a slew of people telling everyone that they didn’t understand the movie and to release whatever cut they have?

Yeah I think this was probably inevitable, given it was directed by the guy who made Jungle Cruise.

I just hope it doesn't sink our chances of getting that new Cavill Supes movie that's been rumored like crazy recently.

Back