Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FGAqMoDWYAUkVBR

The Rock as Boba Fett

Interesting. Odd to get butt hurt over a 2 second cameo appearance. I think he's fine making a mil per Witcher episode and will be Highlander in the John Wick guy's movie.

I feel like Affleck really went to bat for Snyder and I am honestly surprised he is in The Flash. Seems like they really needed him for it to work story wise.

Clearly the studio heads have an axe to grind. Abrams wanted Constantine off tv and got it cause of his upcoming HBO series. The Superman series on WB started but maybe Abrams wants space for his Black Superman movie on HBO Max too. If it wasn't for Keaton and Affleck it in, no one would be buying tickets to watch Ezra blowing himself in another timeline. Time to get like Leto and join Marvel for the next decade.
Abrams also wants JonCon to be black, so... He just keeps destroying things, doesn't he?

OMITB-42-e1631012348204.jpg

I really hate Abrams. He is good at destroying properties yet making plenty of money off doing so.
I don't much mind his 'style', but between the Mystery Box and the "dude, let's rehash wahtever but add X/Y/Z/[hip current thing] this time" approach, he really ruined a lot of things. At first the rumor was that they wanted Riz Ahmed for JonCon, and now it's a "John Boyega type". I'm at the point where I'm praying the Sting Scouse JonCon is at least played by a 5'6" Pakistani over John Boyega... I look fondly back to the days when comic books were seen as properties for manchildren and nerds and nobody cared to ruin them...

Why is DF helmet face all weird
Looks asymmetrical. Odd, but maybe that is the point. Marvel beat them to the punch with Giant-Man and Falcon lol. Multiverse too if you add in The Flash. Totally out on that new Flash and Aquaman suit.

I think this movie will be rather interesting. Black Adam perhaps a mean guy at first, recruited to fight a bigger evil perhaps?

I also have that question: is Black Adam a villain or a hero? I don't know much about the character, but isn't he supposed to be Shazam's nemesis? Or has he been turned into an Anti-Hero?

I also have that question: is Black Adam a villain or a hero? I don't know much about the character, but isn't he supposed to be Shazam's nemesis? Or has he been turned into an Anti-Hero?
Anti but shrouded in pure villain mode at the moment we are being played lol

Dig seeing the Justice Society, though it's weird to have Atom Smasher before we get the actual Atom in a movie. DC needs to figure out a way to pair up Brosnan's Fate with Timothy Dalton's Chief.

Anti but shrouded in pure villain mode at the moment we are being played lol
He's an anti-hero in the movie, possibly redeemed hero, however for most of history he's been the evil.counterpart of Captain Marvel/Shazam. Not even that long ago (2010) DC released the movie Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam where Black Adam is a bonafide villain. He's now going the Venom route from villain to anti-hero which I don't like as a fan of the big red cheese.

In the Geoff Johns JSA run he is definitely portrayed as an anti-hero, where he has a back story about being a protector of his family and home that drives everything he later became. He is seen as "bad," in part, because he is brutal and unsympathetic to his enemies, which is a reflection of the time and place that he originally came from. Given the JSA's involvement here I suspect that's a major source of input for the movie.

In the Geoff Johns JSA run he is definitely portrayed as an anti-hero, where he has a back story about being a protector of his family and home that drives everything he later became. He is seen as "bad," in part, because he is brutal and unsympathetic to his enemies, which is a reflection of the time and place that he originally came from. Given the JSA's involvement here I suspect that's a major source of input for the movie.
I read JSA partly, first i read Kingdom Come Superman parts and fell in love with the team. Then i grabbed the Omnibuses and i couldn't finish the first Omnibus... Robinson&Goyer run was medicore... Later on Geoff Johns came after Robinson had left and it was bearly an improvement for an issue... Then the unbearble Johnny Sorrow as the main villain arc begin... what a lame villain, i couldn't finish that arc so i never read the Black Adam parts... :/ The parts i am interested in the most because i really liked Black Adam in 52 Weeks. He was so amazing in it.

Back