Bikers chase down family in SUV in New York

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fully understand a undercover cop not doing anything. Just because your off duty doesn't mean you can blow you cover. Not to mention doing so could put him and his families lifes in danger depending on the type of case he is working.

Now he could have a case against the off duty cops.

He choice to stay with the other riders and give chase. And then sat there and watched as they attacked the SUV and pull the man out and beat him.
I don't understand why people are making excuse for his actions. He could of fell back and made a call. If I pull out my phone does that tell everybody I'm an undercover cop? (By the way I'm not.) Just asking how does that expose his cover?

He choice to stay with the other riders and give chase. And then sat there and watched as they attacked the SUV and pull the man out and beat him.
I don't understand why people are making excuse for his actions. He could of fell back and made a call. If I pull out my phone does that tell everybody I'm an undercover cop? (By the way I'm not.) Just asking how does that expose his cover?

But if your "part" of a crew, and some there could have been you could raise suspicion by doing anything that would look like helping someone he shouldn't. Your understanding of how much undercover guys have to look the other way on must be pretty lacking. I am not saying he couldn't have done something minor and not got caught but depending where he might be in his investigation he might have thought it would be better to not do anything they might even raise a lil suspicion.

But if your "part" of a crew, and some there could have been you could raise suspicion by doing anything that would look like helping someone he shouldn't. Your understanding of how much undercover guys have to look the other way on must be pretty lacking. I am not saying he couldn't have done something minor and not got caught but depending where he might be in his investigation he might have thought it would be better to not do anything they might even raise a lil suspicion.

You didn't read the other post. He wasn't on duty, just another one of the riders that day.
The 'Crew' wasn't under investigation.

You didn't read the other post. He wasn't on duty, just another one of the riders that day.

If he was just out riding with them on his day off then that's really looking bad.

Yeah because they would say he was investigating these guys if they were :cuckoo:

And depending on what type of under cover your doing while you might not be actively on duty but your never going to act like a cop unless you never want to under cover again.

I also find it very funny how people are so upset that an off duty cop was there yet seem to be ok with multipile off duty officers being there and not doing anything.

I fully understand a undercover cop not doing anything. Just because your off duty doesn't mean you can blow you cover. Not to mention doing so could put him and his families lifes in danger depending on the type of case he is working.

A Cop (Peace Officer) is Never Off Duty: And is held to a Higher Standard at all times to do the right thing. Their is no Excuse for the decision they all made that day.

Not familiar with the new developments, but if there was an undercover cop there and didn't do anything I can kind of understand depending on what his mission goal is, however if there where off duty officers there they would be expected to keep and uphold the law at all times.

I also find it very funny how people are so upset that an off duty cop was there yet seem to be ok with multipile off duty officers being there and not doing anything.

I'm not upset either way because I'm not privy to the circumstances of it. But if he was simply off duty and riding with these guys for fun, that's bad.

I'm not upset either way because I'm not privy to the circumstances of it. But if he was simply off duty and riding with these guys for fun, that's bad.

Yeah if he's on or off duty he should not associate with these people :cuckoo: as soon as the hooning begun he should of gone home and given on duty guys the heads up

I find it funny how you can't bother you read all the post before. Expressing your opinion. I brought up the other off duty cops and posted link as well.

I find it funny how you can't bother you read all the post before. Expressing your opinion. I brought up the other off duty cops and posted link as well.

Yeah but you and other keep going on about the off duty under cover officer so my statement still stand true.

Yeah if he's on or off duty he should not associate with these people :cuckoo: as soon as the hooning begun he should of gone home and given on duty guys the heads up

That's where your wrong. He's always on Duty.. Whether he or she is out to the movies/shopping or even at the park with their Family. They are required to uphold the Law. And are required to carry off duty at all times.....

That's where your wrong. He's always on Duty.. Whether he or she is out to the movies/shopping or even at the park with their Family. They are required to uphold the Law. And are required to carry off duty at all times.....

That is not the law in all states , but yes in CA they carry at all times.

In this situation when there's a mob and he's heavily outnumbered i would not expect an off duty officer to react other then to get out of the situation and report it

I'm not blaming just one of them. I blame them all. No matter if the bikers were right or wrong, they should've intervened, calmed everyone and called for backup rather than letting the situation escalate the way it did. Also, if there was indeed an undercover cop, what good is he if he can't even discreetly inform his seniors or whomever they call? I mean, if this was his actual case, would he have just stood there doing nothing for the fear of his cover being blown?

I'm not blaming just one of them. I blame them all. No matter if the bikers were right or wrong, they should've intervened, calmed everyone and called for backup rather than letting the situation escalate the way it did. Also, if there was indeed an undercover cop, what good is he if he can't even discreetly inform his seniors or whomever they call? I mean, if this was his actual case, would he have just stood there doing nothing for the fear of his cover being blown?

Yes assault on a single person could be nothing compared to what th undercover officer is working on. They regularly observe crimes and can't do anything about it.

Also is there evidence that any of these off duty offices were at the scene of the assault? They said they were on the ride, but is their evidence the actually were a part of the second pursuit or did they stay with the dude who got ran over?

Back